Is this how the new era under Brandon going to go?

Losing seasons, Letting top talent go instead of tagging them to get picks to assist the team? So far it looks like the same **** Ralph Wilson has done for Decades. This team is not making progress regardless of the wishing and koolaid Drinking many fans do.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing seasons, Letting top talent go instead of tagging them to get picks to assist the team? So far it looks like the same **** Ralph Wilson has done for Decades. This team is not making progress regardless of the wishing and koolaid Drinking many fans do.

I am never amazed at the amount of whining on this board! How the hell do you know it wasn't the right decision?

I don't drink the Kool Aid from Pessimists or Homers, but have to believe that Whaley explored all options with Byrd. Who here really knows what is happening behind close doors? There are a lot of angles that nobody on this baord can claim to understand. The Bills wanted Jairus, Jairus has the right to want to move on. The tag wasn't applied. Let's move on to players that want to play for the Bills. Maybe Delmas?

VE5Uj8J.jpg

Ha ha, well played Big Cat. It's amazing to me the assumptions that people treat as facts. We are privied to a very limited amount of information in terms of the negotiation. Everyone is entitled to formulate their own opinion but some of these assumptions are ridiculous. The best offer that they got for Byrd last year was a 4th. They gauged the market again this year and decided that between the cap dollar savings and potential comp pick they were better off. Let's all take a deep breath and see how the offseason unfolds. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ha ha, well played Big Cat. It's amazing to me the assumptions that people treat as facts. We are privied to a very limited amount of information in terms of the negotiation. Everyone is entitled to formulate their own opinion but some of these assumptions are ridiculous. The best offer that they got for Byrd last year was a 4th. They gauged the market again this year and decided that between the cap dollar savings and potential comp pick they were better off. Let's all take a deep breath and see how the offseason unfolds.

Amen!!! Relax people.

6 wins doesn't mean much. No team is built from a safety down. You need a QB, and a hell of a coach.

So, let me get this straight...until the Bills have a hell of a coach and a QB there is no reason to field the best team possible?

I am never amazed at the amount of whining on this board! How the hell do you know it wasn't the right decision?

Explain to me how it could possibly be better to let a starter leave your team. Keep in mind, the Bills have holes on O-line, WR, TE, DE, LB and safety (I won't bring QB up in this thread). You don't fix them all at one time, so why create a new one all on your own?

Ha ha, well played Big Cat. It's amazing to me the assumptions that people treat as facts. We are privied to a very limited amount of information in terms of the negotiation. Everyone is entitled to formulate their own opinion but some of these assumptions are ridiculous. The best offer that they got for Byrd last year was a 4th. They gauged the market again this year and decided that between the cap dollar savings and potential comp pick they were better off. Let's all take a deep breath and see how the offseason unfolds.

What will you say when the Bills don't fill all of the gaping holes this off season yet remain well under the cap?

So based on your assumptions the other assumptions are ridiculous?

Offering the guy top safety money isn't enough? Obviously Byrd does not want to be here unless he is vastly overpaid. IMO he wants to test free agency regardless of what the bills fo was going to offer him. I'm sure Whaley and co called all 31 teams to gauge trade interest and the well appeared dry. No one wants a rental for 8.5 mil.

I plan on cheering for the guy in the Bills uniform, not for the guy wearing some other teams. I can be a Duke Williams fan.

Of course we can !!

This kid should be ready to play this season .n

Next to A. Williams and a Searcy to play down hard in the box

What will you say when the Bills don't fill all of the gaping holes this off season yet remain well under the cap?

Outside of QB great players don't win football games, great rosters do. JJ Watt, Adrian Peterson and Megatron all have teams picking in the top 10 (and they all play more important positions than FS). If that $10-$12M is use for Delmas and Anthony Collins I think that the Bills are better than with Byrd and Pears. My point is to let the plan unfold before panicking.

So based on your assumptions the other assumptions are ridiculous?

I'm not sure what assumptions I made? That they explored their options?

Outside of QB great players don't win football games, great rosters do. JJ Watt, Adrian Peterson and Megatron all have teams picking in the top 10 (and they all play more important positions than FS). If that $10-$12M is use for Delmas and Anthony Collins I think that the Bills are better than with Byrd and Pears. My point is to let the plan unfold before panicking.

Your point apparently is you aren't willing to answer the question ;) , but, no matter. I know with 100% certainty that letting Byrd walk was the wrong decision. I'll bow out of the conversation because we aren't going to change minds here and it futile on both sides to continue to hash and rehash.