Post combine ideal offseason

Kirby Jackson

I thought that it would be prudent to start this thread as we approach free agency. With the combine in the rearview mirror and some players resigned or released the deck has been shuffled some. Here is my ideal (realistic) offseason at this point:

-Sign Byrd ($9.25M per year)

-Sign Zach Strief ($6.5M per yer)

-Draft Sammy Watkins (if he is not there Mack) and Mike Evans if they are both gone

-Draft Xavier Su'A'Filo

-Draft Chris Borland (if Evans/Watkins) or Brandon Coleman (if Mack)

-Draft Crockett Gilmore

-Draft BPA 5th

-Draft BPA 6th

-Draft the best college punter in the 7th

I think that gives the Bills a really good roster. Thoughts??

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I thought that it would be prudent to start this thread as we approach free agency. With the combine in the rearview mirror and some players resigned or released the deck has been shuffled some. Here is my ideal (realistic) offseason at this point:

-Draft Sammy Watkins (if he is not there Mack)

-Draft Xavier Su'A'Filo

-Draft Chris Borland (if Watkins) or Brandon Coleman (if Mack)

-Draft Crockett Gilmore

-Draft BPA 5th

-Draft BPA 6th

You would know better than I, but I thought I read NO and Strief were close on a deal?

id love for mack or watkins to be there at 9. but i don't see it.

Just heard today that STL is in play for Watkins at 2. They need more playmakers on offense.

You would know better than I, but I thought I read NO and Strief were close on a deal?

There is mutual interest but they are in the early stages. He would certainly be giving a hometown discount to stay. If I were him I would test free agency but we will see. Edited by Kirby Jackson

What happened to Spiller to NO? And drafting Carey/Hyde?

I would trade Spiller to NO for their 1st. That was just an idea that I threw out that I thought made sense for both teams. If that happened obviously it would change some things but there is no reason to believe that will ever even come up in conversation.

id love for mack or watkins to be there at 9. but i don't see it.

All it takes is for one team to do something unexpected, and one of those guys could fall. What if the Browns like Carr so much they take him at four? I don't think four QBs go on the first eight, but you get the point. Some team always does something odd.

-Draft Sammy Watkins (if he is not there Mack) and Mike Evans if they are both gone

-Draft Xavier Su'A'Filo

-Draft Chris Borland (if Evans/Watkins) or Brandon Coleman (if Mack)

-Draft Crockett Gilmore

-Draft BPA 5th

-Draft BPA 6th

Love the plan...the only hiccup IMO is that I don't think Su'a-filo is an option unless we move up from 41, nor do I think Borland will be there in round 3.

I'd also like to get one more OT in FA in case Hairston can't play.

Lastly, I'd go punter in the 6th to make sure we get Tom Hornsey from Memphis--dude has a cannon leg.

Love the plan...the only hiccup IMO is that I don't think Su'a-filo is an option unless we move up from 41, nor do I think Borland will be there in round 3.

I'd also like to get one more OT in FA in case Hairston can't play.

Lastly, I'd go punter in the 6th to make sure we get Tom Hornsey from Memphis--dude has a cannon leg.

I think that JJ Unga may end up being depth on the OL (if Buddy Nixon is to be believed). Obviously, Hairston would be ideal but between the two of them and Legursky on the interior that would be your depth (assuming that you got Su'a-filo). He may very well be gone in which case I would go Gabe Jackson (one of my favorite players in the draft). He just collapses that side of the line. If you want to see a dominating performance go watch the first half of Miss. State's bowl game. I know nothing about the punters in the draft but I will take your word. Punter may be the position that most needs to be upgraded (or LG). I am all for taking a really good young player there to help the anemic special teams.

I think that JJ Unga may end up being depth on the OL (if Buddy Nixon is to be believed). Obviously, Hairston would be ideal but between the two of them and Legursky on the interior that would be your depth (assuming that you got Su'a-filo). He may very well be gone in which case I would go Gabe Jackson (one of my favorite players in the draft). He just collapses that side of the line. If you want to see a dominating performance go watch the first half of Miss. State's bowl game. I know nothing about the punters in the draft but I will take your word. Punter may be the position that most needs to be upgraded (or LG). I am all for taking a really good young player there to help the anemic special teams.

Freakin' love Gabe Jackson! Dude is a total mauler.

Yes, you're right, punter is one of the weakest positions on the team...you'd love Hornsey...big kid, big leg.

I'm sorry but just to read about trading Spiller is total ludacris. Spiller is a play maker and and explosive back, once his ankle is 100% LOOKOUT

It was in a thread about a bold offseason prediction. It was not something that is expected to happen. The goal was to go off the map and then use logic to support it. If you want to read the reasoning or any of the other bold predictions just search for that thread. I think that it was from a few weeks ago.

It was in a thread about a bold offseason prediction. It was not something that is expected to happen. The goal was to go off the map and then use logic to support it. If you want to read the reasoning or any of the other bold predictions just search for that thread. I think that it was from a few weeks ago.

Would you take a 2nd round pick for Spiller?

Would you take a 2nd round pick for Spiller?

Probably not, it would have to be in the 1st 35 picks I think. I think that he is a dynamic weapon but a part time player with an injury history. I like Spiller don't get me wrong. I actually think that it is worthwhile on New Orleans end to pursue that.

All it takes is for one team to do something unexpected, and one of those guys could fall. What if the Browns like Carr so much they take him at four? I don't think four QBs go on the first eight, but you get the point. Some team always does something odd.

i hear you but at this moment I'm tryna think of worst case scenario at 9 where clowney-mack-watkins-robinson-matthews are gone before we pick with the qbs. really hope not tho. watkins-matthews-ronibson id be pretty happy with any of those guys. mike evans i wouldn't be mad at

i hear you but at this moment I'm tryna think of worst case scenario at 9 where clowney-mack-watkins-robinson-matthews are gone before we pick with the qbs. really hope not tho. watkins-matthews-ronibson id be pretty happy with any of those guys. mike evans i wouldn't be mad at

If that happened, I'd be happy with Taylor Lewan and could live with WR Mike Evans, WR Marqise Lee, TE Ebron and maybe LB CJ Mosley or Barr. Would strongly consider trade down if Lewan weren't available and an offer came in.

I can't envision a scenario in which CJ Spiller is resigned by the Buffalo Bills, therefore I would jump at the opportunity to take a 2nd rounder for him. I also believe there isn't a single team in the NFL that would value Spiller enough to part with a 2nd rounder. He's a situational player, and in the 2nd round you're still hopeful of finding a starter not a part time player.

I can't envision a scenario in which CJ Spiller is resigned by the Buffalo Bills, therefore I would jump at the opportunity to take a 2nd rounder for him. I also believe there isn't a single team in the NFL that would value Spiller enough to part with a 2nd rounder. He's a situational player, and in the 2nd round you're still hopeful of finding a starter not a part time player.

Someone gave up a 1st for Trent Richardson. If you are looking for a team that makes sense, I threw out NOLA as an option. They have limited cap space, a small window to win and are in serious need of playmakers. He is like what Reggie was, a rich man's Sproles.

That's debatable. When healthy, and with the right offense, he can be a game-changing weapon.