Let's wait til the 2nd for a WR...

billsgpr88

After the combine, everyone is clamoring for a WR. I can see why, a ton of them are really impressive. But I think that's exactly why it doesn't make sense to take one in the first; the position is absolutely stacked. Beside Watkins, I don't know if anyone can say with certainty that any of these wideouts are above the rest. You all know the big names, but you look down the list: Matthews, Cooks, Robinson, Adams, Moncrief... all these guys are potential studs. IMHO we should go trade down, go with LB (Skov or Mosley) or even SS with Pryor if Byrd is gone, and then cross your fingers for Matthews in the second (6-3, great combine, and obsessed with studying film which is rare for a WR) or Adams (looks like barry sanders after he catches the ball). Regardless of what happens, we should at least acknowledge the fact that Benjamin and Evans are not clearly in a different league from the others. And besides, I think we should have a little more confidence in our WR squad than what I see on TSW..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't disagree at all. I trade down, address OL or LB in the first round. At this point I presume we will have at least two 2nd round picks (*) I go WR and either OL or LB whichever we didn't take in the first round. There are going to be some legit #1 WR's in the 2nd round that are going to possibly have great careers. (*) = Trading Byrd if we can't sign him.

Compare game changers at the time of the draft. At number 9, if the WR is a game changer.... you take him. If the LB is a game changer you take him. Whichever is the bigger game changer. With the 9th pic you should get at least a starter and probably a sometimes pro-bowler.

Watkins is the exception for me. He is a guy that you jump at but I don't see a reason to take any other WR at 9. I am on record as not being an Evans guy but his workout was fantastic. There is a lot of depth at both WR and OL (2 needs for the Bills). I'm not sure that there is quite as much depth at TE or LB (2 other needs for the Bills).

I could see the cowboys move up and I'd love their second round pick. ebron, lb, bryant...ej will have weapons everywhere.

The key to that statement is Bryant, just posted this in the pinned combine thread, that kid is special....mark my words, wherever he ends up, hopefully B-Lo, he will end up being a regular on highlight reels on Sunday nights...

Martavis Bryant....6'4", Official 4.42 at the Combine, a Junior, 39 Vertical, leader in the broad jump and check out his highlights...this kid would be a great pick-up in the 3rd...btw, watched his combine yesterday, he was fluid, great hands, and impressive...that's the only word to describe the kid...impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBY_lsCjCT4

There's 4 or 5 catches in that highlight that really show what this kid can do...catches balls in contest with defenders, has pull-away speed, can go up and get it and catches in traffic....talk about a #1 prototype, coupled with his measurables yesterday at the Combine, I think he can sneak into the 2nd Round...too good to pass up, no pun intended there...

Edited by BigBuff423

Watkins is the exception for me. He is a guy that you jump at but I don't see a reason to take any other WR at 9. I am on record as not being an Evans guy but his workout was fantastic. There is a lot of depth at both WR and OL (2 needs for the Bills). I'm not sure that there is quite as much depth at TE or LB (2 other needs for the Bills).

TE is supposed to be very top heavy in this draft, so, if Bills want an impact TE, it's probably Ebron at 9 or one of the next tier in round 2. Matthews / Robinson at 9 would be too good to pass on, however, I think both will be gone. It will be interesting if at 9, Watkins and Ebron are both there, what directions Bills go

If Watkins isn't available at # 9 then I too think Ebron will be the most impactful pick there.

Matthews is solid.. would be good to take at #41 but I don't think he'll be around.

Here's my sleeper - Donte Moncrief - WR Ole Miss - 6'2" - 4.4 40 time - May not be a great possession/underneath receiver but he is a deep threat with size, looks real smooth, great YAC.

(Looks to be a decent route runner ...Check out the slant route he runs at about 3:16 - nice fake to the outside before breaking it in)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjvwpWOoQO8

Edited by Bocephuz

After the combine, everyone is clamoring for a WR. I can see why, a ton of them are really impressive. But I think that's exactly why it doesn't make sense to take one in the first; the position is absolutely stacked. Beside Watkins, I don't know if anyone can say with certainty that any of these wideouts are above the rest. You all know the big names, but you look down the list: Matthews, Cooks, Robinson, Adams, Moncrief... all these guys are potential studs. IMHO we should go trade down, go with LB (Skov or Mosley) or even SS with Pryor if Byrd is gone, and then cross your fingers for Matthews in the second (6-3, great combine, and obsessed with studying film which is rare for a WR) or Adams (looks like barry sanders after he catches the ball). Regardless of what happens, we should at least acknowledge the fact that Benjamin and Evans are not clearly in a different league from the others. And besides, I think we should have a little more confidence in our WR squad than what I see on TSW..

Agreed. Take Ebron #1. Get some Offensive threats on this team!!!

I think we all know that Stevie Johnson's replacement is coming in this draft because I see no way Johnson's still here in 2015 unless he blows it up it 2014. The question is how confident are the Bills in thinking that they can find that #1 target in the second round? Chances are that the answer is they're not that confident and that will be drafting either Watkins, Ebron, Evans or Benjamin with the outside chance a great player falls in their lap at another position that they don't pick a receiver.