Let's wait til the 2nd for a WR...

billsgpr88

It's kinda hard to state this without knowing how the draft will work out. But if you want until the 2nd, odds are you aren't getting a potential upgrade over Stevie or Woods. The reason I want a guy like Evans is that he is a potential franchise wr.

Take a look at Moncrief or better yet Martavis Bryant...those two, would be an upgrade over SJ in height, speed, hands, leaping ability....getting push off the line, I don't know about that, but we didn't even know that about SJ until Gailey got here and actually used him...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at Moncrief or better yet Martavis Bryant...those two, would be an upgrade over SJ in height, speed, hands, leaping ability....getting push off the line, I don't know about that, but we didn't even know that about SJ until Gailey got here and actually used him...

Until any of them prove at the NFL level, I'm not calling a college guy an upgrade over Stevie Johnson. They have potential but there's a lot of guys with potential that never amounted to squat. SJ lacks the measureables but the guy just gets open no matter who is covering him.

Until any of them prove at the NFL level, I'm not calling a college guy an upgrade over Stevie Johnson. They have potential but there's a lot of guys with potential that never amounted to squat. SJ lacks the measureables but the guy just gets open no matter who is covering him.

Sorry, but SJ isn't the "Christ" untouchable when it comes to comparing him to up-and-coming talent....does he make catches? Well, yeah...but to say he is irreplaceable is a bit far-fetched in my mind...I don't understand the love for the guy who has done virtually nothing in this town...when he was making catches, he was making stupid penalties...and behaving like a Romper Room child...now, he's been relatively quiet, gets a pass due to injuries and the QB carousel, and everyone wants to over-think what SJ has done lately....I don't get it....there are better and more talented WRs, especially in THIS Draft, to say there isn't an upgrade waiting to be plucked from the college ranks, is lunacy in my mind....that's what the Draft is...potential...

And SJ can't ride the coattails of years before production forever, eventually it has to be "what have you done for me lately?"....and to say that he "just gets open no matter who is covering him" might be a bit of revisionist history....he did well against Revis, no doubt...but let's not make that the end-all be-all determination for a WR

The key to that statement is Bryant, just posted this in the pinned combine thread, that kid is special....mark my words, wherever he ends up, hopefully B-Lo, he will end up being a regular on highlight reels on Sunday nights...

Martavis Bryant....6'4", Official 4.42 at the Combine, a Junior, 39 Vertical, leader in the broad jump and check out his highlights...this kid would be a great pick-up in the 3rd...btw, watched his combine yesterday, he was fluid, great hands, and impressive...that's the only word to describe the kid...impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBY_lsCjCT4

There's 4 or 5 catches in that highlight that really show what this kid can do...catches balls in contest with defenders, has pull-away speed, can go up and get it and catches in traffic....talk about a #1 prototype, coupled with his measurables yesterday at the Combine, I think he can sneak into the 2nd Round...too good to pass up, no pun intended there...

Before getting too excited about Bryant, I would want to understand why such a great athlete with his size managed only 61 career receptions in college. He did have a nice per catch average, but man 61 catches over 3 years needs to be explained before spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him

It's kinda hard to state this without knowing how the draft will work out. But if you want until the 2nd, odds are you aren't getting a potential upgrade over Stevie or Woods. The reason I want a guy like Evans is that he is a potential franchise wr.

I could live with that if I was getting a potentially franchize TE like Ebron

Before getting too excited about Bryant, I would want to understand why such a great athlete with his size managed only 61 career receptions in college. He did have a nice per catch average, but man 61 catches over 3 years needs to be explained before spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him

He did declare as a Junior, and by his numbers - it all seemed to click this year. So, he probably should have waited, but a big, fast target with good leaping ability and decent hands doesn't hit the Draft often when he can be had in the 3rd round, maybe later seeing as how this Draft is so deep...

Edited by BigBuff423

I'm guessing sharing the field with Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins had a lot to do with it... B-)

If Sammy Watkins is there you have to take him,

They will...

I'm guessing sharing the field with Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins had a lot to do with it... B-)

They will...

Watkins ? They wished they could. Bills would be delighted if either Watkins or Evans (combine drove his stock up for me ) came in a at nine. take either one. Edited by 3rdand12

Watkins is the exception for me. He is a guy that you jump at but I don't see a reason to take any other WR at 9. I am on record as not being an Evans guy but his workout was fantastic. There is a lot of depth at both WR and OL (2 needs for the Bills). I'm not sure that there is quite as much depth at TE or LB (2 other needs for the Bills).

Nailed it. I think Mack and Watkins are now gone at 9, but you take one if they fall due to runs on QB and OL. Watkins' destination would be #2 Rams, #5 Oakland, or #7TBay.

Watkins ? They wished they could. Bills would be delighted if either Watkins or Evans (combine drove his stock up for me ) came in a at nine. take either one.

Huh?... :huh:

I was responding to the question asking why Bryant's stats were lacking at Clemson...And my guess is they were lacking because he played the same position as Watkins and Hopkins at the same school... B-)

This is one time I don't want to wait. You need a great receiver. Robert Woods looks like he will be a very good pro, a solid #2 threat. That's what you get in the 2nd round for the most part.