Draft: Jadeveon Clowney DE

Wattdogg35

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds an awful lot like Mario Williams. For better or for worse.

Mario has had 3 pro bowls and just had the best season of his career. If JC does similar, he had a damn good career.

Big difference is 11.5. That's the difference in sack MW had over JC in their final college seasons.

Should the Bills find some way to get this guy? Think about it. We'll be running a 4-3. Can u imagine Mario, Kyle, Marcell and this kid? Rush 4 all day and drop 7. NY Giants 2007 all over again, but better!

Too costly, not enough of a need and still some questions about his heart

Either that or your comment will be erased or moderated in some type of form it's like a forum in North Korea with a bunch of Kim Jong-un censoring what you have to say

Loss of posting privileges, warning post, pm from a mod in 3...2...1..

if its so bad just lurk more.

Stephon Gilmore counseling Jadaveon Clowney

http://www.buffalobi...5e-e755f15da1c3

his attitude reminds me of Bruce smith X Albert Haynesworth X Aaron Maybin

Those who say the risk that Clowney would take the "money" and do a disappearing act may be right but given his ceiling he would be unbelievably foolish to behave like that.

The dollars are not in his rookie contract. It's in a Mario Williams deal that he could only get after establishing himself as a premier professional player.

He'd be unbelievably stupid and lazy to settle his talent for chump change and pass up the chance to roll in money forever.

So I just don't see it.

He goes top three IMO and will be a force to be reckoned with from the get go.

People said Ngata was lazy too.

Pretty darn close to what the #1 pick will make this year if you factor in inflation--cost of living doubling every 10 years.

85 - $2.6M over 4 years

double that three times...$5.2M, $10.4M, $20.8M

Last year, Eric Fisher signed for $22.2M over 4 years.

Funny how it's that close!

The cost of living doesn't double every 10 years if you calculate inflation for 2.6 million in 1986 to 2013 dollars then it would be about 5.6 million. Even the most generous inflation rates wouldn't put it about 8 million.

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=2%2C600%2C000.00&year1=1986&year2=2013

I wouldn't trade up to take him even if the cost was just the Bills 1st and 2nd round picks. Odds are the Bills won't be huge movers and shakers in free agency so they need to fill needs in the draft. As much as I like Clowney (If I Was the Texans I Would draft him 1st overall, mainly because I Don't see any other stand out player) he doesn't come without a lot of serious risks (Every draft pick does but he has more than you want from a top 5 pick).

• 5 weeks later...

Pretty darn close to what the #1 pick will make this year if you factor in inflation--cost of living doubling every 10 years.

85 - $2.6M over 4 years

double that three times...$5.2M, $10.4M, $20.8M

Last year, Eric Fisher signed for $22.2M over 4 years.

Funny how it's that close!

If the cost of living doubled every ten years there would be riots in the streets as inflation would be AVERAGING 7% per year.

It would also mean my lifestyle today based on my out of school salary 15 years ago would almost be identical, which it's not even close.

Clowney had a good pro day, but the cost of trading up would be far too great to justify. From everything I've read, it would take this years 1st and 2nd and next years 1st PLUS another pick next year to move to #1. For what? Buffalo was #2 in QB sacks last season. Quarterback pressure is not what's missing from the defense, but linebackers that can stop the run. They were gashed last year on the ground. Everything I'm seeing and reading about Clowney is that although he's the best athlete in the draft, that he's not the best football player. He has motivation issues to boot. That does not sound to me to be worthy of firsts and a second.