Prison MBA's

stuckinny

What a brilliant plan by our Governor. Hold up a convenient store and get your MBA and free room and board....all while common core is overwhelming teachers and students and we keep raising the price on state run schools for people who are actually good citizens!

It is a good hting i do Uhaul Business on the side because it will be easy to get the moving truck out of NYS!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a brilliant plan by our Governor. Hold up a convenient store and get your MBA and free room and board....all while common core is overwhelming teachers and students and we keep raising the price on state run schools for people who are actually good citizens!

It is a good hting i do Uhaul Business on the side because it will be easy to get the moving truck out of NYS!

You need to provide a link to what you are stating.

What, we can't just post random **** and complain about it? Because I have a post all ready to go on how ketchup is a tool of the Illuminati.

Tell me more.

http://www.straightd...ay-57-varieties

'Dear Cecil:

Thank you for the leg work. In case you're not aware, you've uncovered another Illuminati agent in Henry J. Heinz. Let me expand briefly. The Illuminati are an extremely secret sect, and have been among mankind practically from the beginning, originating, it is believed, in the Lost Continent, Atlantis. Being a secret, powerful, occult sect, the Illuminati gathered great mystical power from their use of the number 5. Five is an extremely strong number, still used in the worship of Satan, the power of our military, the logic of our digits, the points of our extremities, our senses, and a great many other things rooted in our collective psyche. Also important, and perhaps more powerful, is the combination of the numbers 2 and 3, equalling 5, of course. Two is the symbol for symmetry, and three, the divinity and others. It is a blatant game that the Illuminati are extremely fond of, flaunting their symbols to each other — the more bizarre the better, the more flagrant the waste of money, the better yet. Keeping this in mind, think again of the giant pickles, the man whose "mysterious" number is 57. (Remember, 7 is simply the repeating 2 + 3 cycle, i.e., 2 + 3 = 5 + 2 = 7 + 3 = 10 or 5 x 2.) Now observe the phone number — 237-5757. Ergo, buying Heinz products finances the Illuminati.'

:lol:

Edited by Azalin

Tell me more.

You see, it's all about the high fructose corn syrup, man. The Illuminati already control the corn crops through the regulation of ethanol fuel blends. But that use of corn ethanol market competes with the HFCS market...so the Illuminati intend to increase corn yields using GMO corn from Monsanto (a Bilderberger front), with the ultimate goal of modifying our DNA so that we're more pliable and receptive to the HAARP messages. And the easiest way to distribute this GMO HFCS? Ketchup.

Don't believe me? You think it's a coincidence that John Kerry's a former presidential candidate, and current Secretary of State, AND married to Teresa Heinz, the widow of former senator H. John Heinz? Or that these "fake" Simply Heinz bottles simply exploded on their own? (They're obviously real "Simply Heinz" bottles, with real sugar, that the Illuminati destroyed, as they were getting in the way of their plans.) Or that ketchup originated in China (as kai tsep, which is where the heathen spelling "catsup" comes from) and came west to Europe on the Silk Road - a subversive communist sauce brought to us by the Muslims, of all people? The same Muslims that say "O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as friends," then were friendly enough to give us ketchup? Does that seem likely to you?

Yes, I know...supposedly mayonnaise is the #1 condiment in America, and ketchup is #2. That's obviously MKultra false-flag disinformation to hide the truth behind the Illumaniti's mind-control ketchup plans. Wake up, sheeple!

'Dear Cecil:

Thank you for the leg work. In case you're not aware, you've uncovered another Illuminati agent in Henry J. Heinz. Let me expand briefly. The Illuminati are an extremely secret sect, and have been among mankind practically from the beginning, originating, it is believed, in the Lost Continent, Atlantis. Being a secret, powerful, occult sect, the Illuminati gathered great mystical power from their use of the number 5. Five is an extremely strong number, still used in the worship of Satan, the power of our military, the logic of our digits, the points of our extremities, our senses, and a great many other things rooted in our collective psyche. Also important, and perhaps more powerful, is the combination of the numbers 2 and 3, equalling 5, of course. Two is the symbol for symmetry, and three, the divinity and others. It is a blatant game that the Illuminati are extremely fond of, flaunting their symbols to each other — the more bizarre the better, the more flagrant the waste of money, the better yet. Keeping this in mind, think again of the giant pickles, the man whose "mysterious" number is 57. (Remember, 7 is simply the repeating 2 + 3 cycle, i.e., 2 + 3 = 5 + 2 = 7 + 3 = 10 or 5 x 2.) Now observe the phone number — 237-5757. Ergo, buying Heinz products finances the Illuminati.'

Oh, ****. It's worse than I !@#$ing thought! :ph34r:

'Dear Cecil:

I never thought that my post would have been discovered so easily :bag:

Enough of that Iluminati nonsense !

Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

and who's in this Pentavirate?

The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went breasts up.

a8mX96xS92hwNdDG2GAHo37gCvm.jpg

Enough of that Iluminati nonsense !

Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

and who's in this Pentavirate?

The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went breasts up.

a8mX96xS92hwNdDG2GAHo37gCvm.jpg

I think they run the local newscasts too.

I'd hire a prison MBA before half of these online and 1 year programs. Over saturated.

I'd hire a prison inmate with no formal education with 10 bodies buried in his backyard before I'd hire gatorman.

I guess the interwebs is too hard:

BUFFALO – If not for the Supreme Court, Chuck Culhane would be dead.

In 1972, the highest court in the land deemed the death penalty unconstitutional. That ruling wouldn't last, but it saved Culhane, who'd spent close to three years in the early seventies on death row. By the time he finally walked out of prison a free man in 1992, he was pushing 50. He'd spent a total of 26 years in prison, originally sentenced to a decade for an armed robbery incident before a conviction for his role as an accomplice in a fatal prison escape netted him an even longer stay.

But Culhane had something to show for doing his time.

He had a college education.

"I wanted to see change in my life," Culhane said. "The punk that had been holding up a gas station wasn't going to cut it."

Culhane, who always maintained that he had no involvement in the high-profile case which left a deputy and another inmate killed in gunfire during that escape in 1968, earned his associate's degree in prison and worked toward his bachelor's, which he received after his release. He admits his transition to civilian society hasn't been perfect – including parole violations due to a battle with substance abuse – but he eventually became a teacher and a paralegal. Now, he is the co-chair of the Erie County Prisoners' Rights Coalition, and he unquestionably supports Gov. Andrew Cuomo's announcement Sunday of an initiative to add college courses to 10 prisons in the state.

"My first reaction," Culhane said, "was that it's the best news I've heard in a long time."

Not everybody feels the same way. Case in point: within four hours of posting Cuomo's initiative on the 2 On Your Side Facebook page, close to one thousand comments vigorously attacked the Governor. Republican Senator Mark Grisanti released a statement in fierce opposition to the plan, saying he "supports rehabilitation and reduced recidivism, but not on the taxpayer's dime when so many individuals and families in New York are struggling to meet the ever-rising costs of higher education."

Cuomo announced his plan in front of a crowd at the Wilborn Temple First Church of God in Albany during the Black, Puerto Rican Hispanic and Asian Legislative Caucus event, citing an alarming rate of inmates who return to prison within three years of their release in New York. That number stands at about 40 percent, and it costs roughly $60,000 to fund each inmate per year. Adding college courses at $5,000 per year for each inmate would reduce the likelihood of a prisoner returning to prison, Cuomo said. In a media release later, his office said "studies have shown that investing in college education for prisoners dramatically decreased recidivism rates while saving tax dollars on incarceration costs."

The program is modeled after an initiative at Bard College, where Cuomo said only four percent of the 250 college graduates in a partnering prison returned to incarceration upon earning their degrees.

"It worked," Cuomo said. "They told us it couldn't be done, but and we did it."

Culhane said he began writing while on death row, which he credits as the start of his education. He works with a variety of prison rights groups now and often serves as a guest speaker.

"You find these kids on the corner dealing drugs. If I offer them a job, $25,000 a year, they'd walk away from that in a minute," Culhane said. "[College] would give them something of a self-esteem and an ability to navigate out here, if nothing else. Job creation is essential."

When Culhane took classes in prison, the concept wasn't entirely foreign. President Bill Clinton signed a law in the mid-90s that cut college scholarships and funding in prisons, which essentially ended the idea across the country, but Culhane calls that an "awful mistake."

"It was something that worked. People came out after getting a two-year degree or a four-year degree and the higher the degree, the less the chance of them ever going back," Culhane said.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/crime/2014/02/16/plan-to-help-prisoners-get-degrees/5534055/

In 1972, the highest court in the land deemed the death penalty unconstitutional. That ruling wouldn't last, but it saved Culhane, who'd spent close to three years in the early seventies on death row. By the time he finally walked out of prison a free man in 1992, he was pushing 50. He'd spent a total of 26 years in prison, originally sentenced to a decade for an armed robbery incident before a conviction for his role as an accomplice in a fatal prison escape netted him an even longer stay.

"I wanted to see change in my life," Culhane said. "The punk that had been holding up a gas station wasn't going to cut it."

Culhane, who always maintained that he had no involvement in the high-profile case which left a deputy and another inmate killed in gunfire during that escape in 1968, earned his associate's degree in prison and worked toward his bachelor's, which he received after his release. He admits his transition to civilian society hasn't been perfect – including parole violations due to a battle with substance abuse – but he eventually became a teacher and a paralegal. Now, he is the co-chair of the Erie County Prisoners' Rights Coalition, and he unquestionably supports Gov. Andrew Cuomo's announcement Sunday of an initiative to add college courses to 10 prisons in the state.

"My first reaction," Culhane said, "was that it's the best news I've heard in a long time."

Not everybody feels the same way. Case in point: within four hours of posting Cuomo's initiative on the 2 On Your Side Facebook page, close to one thousand comments vigorously attacked the Governor. Republican Senator Mark Grisanti released a statement in fierce opposition to the plan, saying he "supports rehabilitation and reduced recidivism, but not on the taxpayer's dime when so many individuals and families in New York are struggling to meet the ever-rising costs of higher education."

Cuomo announced his plan in front of a crowd at the Wilborn Temple First Church of God in Albany during the Black, Puerto Rican Hispanic and Asian Legislative Caucus event, citing an alarming rate of inmates who return to prison within three years of their release in New York. That number stands at about 40 percent, and it costs roughly $60,000 to fund each inmate per year. Adding college courses at $5,000 per year for each inmate would reduce the likelihood of a prisoner returning to prison, Cuomo said. In a media release later, his office said "studies have shown that investing in college education for prisoners dramatically decreased recidivism rates while saving tax dollars on incarceration costs."

The program is modeled after an initiative at Bard College, where Cuomo said only four percent of the 250 college graduates in a partnering prison returned to incarceration upon earning their degrees.

Culhane said he began writing while on death row, which he credits as the start of his education. He works with a variety of prison rights groups now and often serves as a guest speaker.

"You find these kids on the corner dealing drugs. If I offer them a job, $25,000 a year, they'd walk away from that in a minute," Culhane said. "[College] would give them something of a self-esteem and an ability to navigate out here, if nothing else. Job creation is essential."

When Culhane took classes in prison, the concept wasn't entirely foreign. President Bill Clinton signed a law in the mid-90s that cut college scholarships and funding in prisons, which essentially ended the idea across the country, but Culhane calls that an "awful mistake."

"It was something that worked. People came out after getting a two-year degree or a four-year degree and the higher the degree, the less the chance of them ever going back," Culhane said.

http://www.wgrz.com/...egrees/5534055/

You are new here so I won't be too hard on you. It is your responsibility to link to news articles you refer to. Your thread deteriorated and became about Heinz 57 because of your lack of a link. It is not our job to Google something that you mention in an opening thread. Also, I don't know if the article that you posted above is it in its entirety but posting full articles is not allowed here. Check out the main page--there was/is a pinned thread explaining the policy. Welcome to the special place that is PPP. :devil:

http://www.wgrz.com/...egrees/5534055/

They had the worst ketchup when I was in prison...

You are new here so I won't be too hard on you. It is your responsibility to link to news articles you refer to. Your thread deteriorated and became about Heinz 57 because of your lack of a link. It is not our job to Google something that you mention in an opening thread. Also, I don't know if the article that you posted above is it in its entirety but posting full articles is not allowed here. Check out the main page--there was/is a pinned thread explaining the policy. Welcome to the special place that is PPP. :devil:

didn't know that was an unwritten rule, or was that in the thing you check off that i agree to the terms and conditions? But I will do that from here on out! Aren't news articles kind of like public domain though?

Edited by stuckinny

Aren't news articles kind of like public domain though?

No they are not. They're copyrighted material. I believe SDS has been contacted by news organizations before on the subject (given the number of sportswriters that have and still do read the board, it's hardly surprising.)

Fair use applies, though - you can quote a portion of an article to support a point you're making, or to illustrate the salient point of the article. But not the whole thing. And provide a link, for proper attribution.

I'll bet you think "Happy Birthday" is public domain too, don't you?

didn't know that was an unwritten rule, or was that in the thing you check off that i agree to the terms and conditions? But I will do that from here on out! Aren't news articles kind of like public domain though?

If you want someone to get your point you'd better provide a link.

To be completely honest, this is something I'm a bit torn over.

If our goals surrounding the prison system are truly inclusive of rehabilitation then these sorts of programs have value. If we don't provide a platform for true opportunity upon exiting the prison system, then every sentence is a life sentence, to some degree, as we incentivize recidivism.

Is an MBA program the answer? I don't know, but I certainly don't mind seeing a state run a pilot program.

To be completely honest, this is something I'm a bit torn over.

If our goals surrounding the prison system are truly inclusive of rehabilitation then these sorts of programs have value. If we don't provide a platform for true opportunity upon exiting the prison system, then every sentence is a life sentence, to some degree, as we incentivize recidivism.

Is an MBA program the answer? I don't know, but I certainly don't mind seeing a state run a pilot program.

I get it, but my problem with it, as it is with most things government: Where is the equity?

If I don't get arrested, and work a job, take on loans, which set me back for 30 years....to get a college education...

how is it equitable for somebody to do the opposite of me, and get a free education, which is paid for by the tax $ I pay as a result of working and not being in prison? The only consideration being: ex-con guy has a criminal record. But, given the college education he now has, and the "transformation" he has "undergone", that becomes a net positive for him in an interview, does it not?

Doubly so if he is a minority. I can just see GE/Accenture/Google/Microsoft lining up to hire the "reformed" ex-con....for their government divisions. :lol:

Loads of irony, all true, and no equity whatsoever.