Dennis Pitta FA TE

Kirby Jackson

There have been a lot of free agent topics popping up so I thought that I would throw out a player that I like. He seems like a more athletic Chandler that can be a good red zone target. In addition, he comes from a winning culture which can only be a good thing. If the Bills could sign Pitta for a number similar to that of Chandler they should do that and let Scott walk IMO.

There have been a lot of free agent topics popping up so I thought that I would throw out a player that I like. He seems like a more athletic Chandler that can be a good red zone target. In addition, he comes from a winning culture which can only be a good thing. If the Bills could sign Pitta for a number similar to that of Chandler they should do that and let Scott walk IMO.

He is a better option that Pettigrew, whose name I have seen tossed around. I didn't see how he played at the end of the year when he came back from the injury. Was he the same player as he was in 2012? If so, I think he would be a nice fit and Hostlet would be familiar with him.

He is a better option that Pettigrew, whose name I have seen tossed around. I didn't see how he played at the end of the year when he came back from the injury. Was he the same player as he was in 2012? If so, I think he would be a nice fit and Hostlet would be familiar with him.

He averaged 5 catches a week which is decent production.

They had a couple of Raven games on over here down the stretch. He didn't look the same player to me, but then he wasn't quite being used in the same way as in 2012. I would not be against taking a flier on him, so long as the numbers made sense and it was a short term deal. I do think fully fit he is better than Chandler.

Pitta is a decent option, but pretty 1-dimensional compared to Pettigrew. Pettigrew is pretty close to Pitta as a receiver, but a much better blocker (if motivated). Either guy is a nice upgrade from Chandler.

That's Fine by me, but THEY STILL NEED A TE!!! Pitta is oft injured and I'm putting all my chips in. No way do I go to war with Pitta as my starting TE. He's welcome to come in and compete for the job. But no way do I believe he'd be that guy.

Edited by mattsox

Pitta is a decent option, but pretty 1-dimensional compared to Pettigrew. Pettigrew is pretty close to Pitta as a receiver, but a much better blocker (if motivated). Either guy is a nice upgrade from Chandler.

I don't think Pettigrew is an upgrade from Chandler.

Chandler 6'7" 265 lbs 28 years old, 40- 4.78, LAST 2 seasons- 96/1,226/8 TD

Pettigrew 6'5" 260 lbs 28 years old,40- 4.85, LAST 2 seasons - 100/983/5 TD

Chandler is already a fine red zone target.....what they need is a TE that can create mismatches between the 20's and split the seam up the field making a LB look stupid

We dont have that

We may have that in Moeaki.... I believe that is why they picked him up and are evaluating to see if we need one, but what I have seen, they use the TE differently in this offense and not sure they maximize a guy like Ebron.

I think the Bills stick with Moeki and Chandler.

Draft a TE in the middle rounds in hope that they find their next Gronk.

I don't see them going for TE early. Too many other positions to fill.

No Pita.

Lets see if Scott can get his spring back in his step he missed last year from injury. Gragg and Moeaki are semi unknown quantities.

I do have hope that Tony can still high point that ball. He can run routes and man ,That guy can jump !

No Pita.

Lets see if Scott can get his spring back in his step he missed last year from injury. Gragg and Moeaki are semi unknown quantities.

I do have hope that Tony can still high point that ball. He can run routes and man ,That guy can jump !

Yeah - if they bring Chandler back I have a very hard time believing they take a TE in the 1st or even 2nd rd unless someone drops who they can't pass up as BPA

Yeah - if they bring Chandler back I have a very hard time believing they take a TE in the 1st or even 2nd rd unless someone drops who they can't pass up as BPA

The BPA thing.

Tough to ignore . These couple of TE's available should be serious considerations for the Bills FO. Starting with Ebron .

Here is an odd question . Should and or would Scott restructure ?

I would not think he needs too in regard to the Bills budget .

Heres the thing , statistically he did very well for the Bills . But those of us who watched him play saw him struggle at times getting open blocking and YAC. Well i did. He showed that injury nagging him .

I dont think he is marketable and yet , he may still be an asset to EJ .

But he has been mentioned as a cap casualty in some projections.

So should he take a cut in pay and would he ?

Edited by 3rdand12

The BPA thing.

Tough to ignore . These couple of TE's available should be serious considerations for the Bills FO. Starting with Ebron .

Here is an odd question . Should and or would Scott restructure ?

I would not think he needs too in regard to the Bills budget .

Heres the thing , statistically he did very well for the Bills . But those of us who watched him play saw him struggle at times getting open blocking and YAC. Well i did. He showed that injury nagging him .

I dont think he is marketable and yet , he may still be an asset to EJ .

But he has been mentioned as a cap casualty in some projections.

So should he take a cut in pay and would he ?

Chandler is a free agent

I think the Bills stick with Moeki and Chandler.

Draft a TE in the middle rounds in hope that they find their next Gronk.

I don't see them going for TE early. Too many other positions to fill.

What do Shawn Nelson, Derek Fine, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, & Bobby Collins all have in common? They were all TEs picked mid-round by the Bills over the last 15 years. We're just not good at identifying mid-round TE talent.

And Gronk slid due to injury concerns. With no past injuries, he wouldn't have been mid-round (if you consider the 2nd round as mid-round), but would have been a 1st round pick. So, if we want to find the next Gronk, we're best drafting one in the 1st.

What do Shawn Nelson, Derek Fine, Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, & Bobby Collins all have in common? They were all TEs picked mid-round by the Bills over the last 15 years. We're just not good at identifying mid-round TE talent.

And Gronk slid due to injury concerns. With no past injuries, he wouldn't have been mid-round (if you consider the 2nd round as mid-round), but would have been a 1st round pick. So, if we want to find the next Gronk, we're best drafting one in the 1st.

Given the depth of this draft, I think a there will be a number of talented TE's available for the bills at their high 2nd round pick. My preference would to scoop up a sliding Kelvin Benjamin but a close second would be to take Jace Amaro or ASJ if either are around.

That being said, Pitta would be a good addition as ideally any TE picked in the draft will slot in as the #2 until they can earn the snaps.

Edited by d_wag