Wide Right !!

T master

Does it do the same to you as it does to me ??

I was replying to a post this morning & wrote that phrase in the reply & was just wondering if it is the same with even Bills fan that watched that SB ?

When ever i here that phrase even watching any of the games today it immediately sends a chill down my spine & makes me want to start my therapy sessions all over again !! :cry:

I know this is just another space taker & time waster during the off season but i just felt i had to ask !!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole game, it seemed like the Bills were destined to win. Their drives just kept getting stalled for some reason or another. That final drive, though, things finally seemed to click. A Bills win was about to happen, and then...it did not. Wide Right. Most of this teams's games have been like that ever since. Heartbreaking!

Not only does it still hurt to watch but it was honestly one of my first memories...ever.

Not just one of my first football memories. One of my first life memories ever.

I distinctly remember watching my Mother crying on the couch after the missed field goal and crying too. If that wasn't the best way to be indoctrinated as a Bills fan, I don't know what is.

I was 9. The game was about as nail-biting as it gets. I couldn't even watch the ending. I covered my eyes. I literally haven't cried that much since that night.

The phrase itself doesn't bother me.

Edited by GOBILLS78

I was 32 and well into my career as a Bills fan when that ball sailed off target. That was supposed to be the moment that compensated for all the horrid games I listened to and watched from 1967 forward. That was supposed to be the reward for decades of loyalty. I had moved out of Buffalo 11 years earlier, and that was going to be the moment that demonstrated to my friends and family in New Hampshire what it means to be from Buffalo.

We got to watch them win three more championships and lose three more Super Bowls, but that moment was the single most distressing moment in nearly 47 years of being a Bills fan--before or since (and there have been some *bad* moments). The only thing that will erase that moment is watching a clock tick down to 0:00 in a Super Bowl that the Bills win. I didn't cry when Norwood's kick went wide, but I have a feeling there will be a couple tears when it's my team that's running that Lombardi trophy around the field.

Go Bills!

It happened a week and a half before I was born. Every time I see it on TV it hurts for some reason. And I wasn't even around for it. Maybe because it became a symbol of this teams futile history.

It's in your subconscious. You heard the moaning, crying, and screaming while in your mother's womb.

A few years ago, I walked into a bar in a Tuesday afternoon in August. One of the TVs were showing NFL Network Super Bowl replays. Literally walked in as Norwood was lining up for the kick. Needless to say, that bar made a lot of money off me that day, as the next three things being shown were our other three Super Bowls.

Anyone else feel like they have to watch our Super Bowls any time their on, just because it's still one of the few times Buffalo gets media exposure anymore?

I live just outside of Nashville and I am always reminded of it when I tell people I am a Bills fan

Ooh. I live outside Houston, so I get to remind them of the comeback.

The whole game, it seemed like the Bills were destined to win. Their drives just kept getting stalled for some reason or another. That final drive, though, things finally seemed to click. A Bills win was about to happen, and then...it did not. Wide Right. Most of this teams's games have been like that ever since. Heartbreaking!

the holding penalty on the kick return was almost as big as the miss itself...have to believe Bills would have got closer without that penalty and kick wouldnt have been from 47 which at the time was still kind of a long FG especially on grass

there were so many little things in that game that if went the Bills way would have changed the game dramatically. Hostettler bing able to hold onto the ball on the safety, Bills defenders not being able to tackle Mark Ingram on 3rd and long enabling him to get the first, that holding penalty...etc

that loss was devastating bc the Bills were the much better team especially with the Giants starting their backup QB and RB

Edited by Max997

Does it do the same to you as it does to me ??

I was replying to a post this morning & wrote that phrase in the reply & was just wondering if it is the same with even Bills fan that watched that SB ?

When ever i here that phrase even watching any of the games today it immediately sends a chill down my spine & makes me want to start my therapy sessions all over again !! :cry:

I know this is just another space taker & time waster during the off season but i just felt i had to ask !!

Thanks for that shrill again. Maybe you could come over and put bamboo shoots under my nails now. Just kidding. Yes, it still sucks, and the problem for me is I moved to Tampa five days before that superbowl at age 23. I watched it at the Tampa mall outside across from the stadium with 15,000 fans in the parking lot. They put up this monster movie screen against the wall of the mall and had vans from 98 rock pumping out a monster volume. So I watched with my buddies who were all Giants fans and fell to my knees when it went wide right. Maybe that was after I drank myself about a case of beer as we were in that parking lot a 8:30 am and had the best seats in the house. I'll never forget walking back to our car dejected, pissed, and ready to jump on someone. My friends actually felt so bad for me they didn't even rub it in as they knoew how much it sucked. Especially as the Giants just won one, five years earlier.