Winter Olympics game day thread.

Accidentally deleted my post as I was trying to click on "edit" but the delete option was just too close.

Anyway just want to say that the lighting effects are pretty cool. The ocean segment was nice going west.

Battle of Tsushima and Holodomor were absent but I can understand why.

The red army showed up but I didn't see the white. Perhaps I missed it.

Overall nice lighting effects. I hope this turns out to be a pretty damn cool and fun Olympics to watch. I hope records are broken and Olympians kick ass. And ya I guess people getting along would be nice too. The less politics the better during this event.

Jim I'm looking forward to the biathlon. The last stretch run/skiing usually gets pretty intense. Major adrenaline pumping in those athletes to the finish line. Also what sane mind can say no to firearms? In addition to this I enjoy any event involving hotties.

Edited by Pilsner

Accidentally deleted my post as I was trying to click on "edit" but the delete option was just too close.

Anyway just want to say that the lighting effects are pretty cool. The ocean segment was nice going west.

Battle of Tsushima and Holodomor were absent but I can understand why.

The red army showed up but I didn't see the white. Perhaps I missed it.

Overall nice lighting effects. I hope this turns out to be a pretty damn cool and fun Olympics to watch. I hope records are broken and Olympians kick ass. And ya I guess people getting along would be nice too. The less politics the better during this event.

Jim I'm looking forward to the biathlon. The last stretch run/skiing usually gets pretty intense. Major adrenaline pumping in those athletes to the finish line. Also what sane mind can say no to firearms? In addition to this I enjoy any event involving hotties.

Biathlon is super cool. Skiing and shooting? How did anyone think this up?

Liked the ceremonies. I recognized Sabre Dance by Aram Khachaturyan-Played at every Sabre home game.

I noticed the Trololo song in one part of the presentation Too bad he died in June 2012.

I guessed correctly that Tretiak would light the torch.

Looking forward to skiing, speed skating...even figure skating has some exciting moments.

I might be the only one who thinks this but I much prefer hockey, basketball, etc. being played by amateur athletes in the Olympics. That's what made the 1980 hockey team and the 1984 basketball team exciting...college kids (non-millionaires) taking on the best. Made it more exciting in my opinion.

I love the Olympics both Winter and Summer. If someone twisted my arm I'd say I prefer the Winter games more but it's not much of a margin. I think the Olympics are the best sporting events the world has to offer. I wish my work schedule wasn't so hectic because I'd take 2 weeks of vacation and waste as many hours as I could watching it.

The stories that come out of each games are amazing. Whenever they show "look back" video of those moments, regardless of what country the athletes are from its very emotional. I still get choked up when I see the footage from "The Miracle on Ice" at Lake Placid, Kerry Strug landing that vault, Lezak swimming the leg of his life to save Phelps' record gold medal run, etc.

@exinill. Yea that last ring didn't open and someone is gonna die over it for sure.

Yeah... It is a shame, pretty opening and now it will be the Olympics w/an asterisk, oh my. Just joking. Supposedly, fireworks were going go off. After the snowflake didn't turn into a ring, they just faded them back into the black. Now the Russians know how the Pats* feel. Maybe Putin shouldn't have swiped Krafty's Super Bowl ring! ;-) J/K

Edited by ExiledInIllinois