3rd or 4th Round Possibility ?

T master

We all know that the Bills have backed EJ as being the man going forward & that there has been a ton of talk about drafting a QB in this years draft as a security blanket with that i ask you this ...

Arron Murray hurt his ACL late in the season to end his senior year , if he is there in the 3rd or 4th round when the Bills pick should they take him as that security blanket ?

I was wondering if Buffalo might grab a guy in rd 4 or 5 with some of the guys coming out this year....aaron Murray, Tajh Boyd, Connor Shaw, Logan Thomas all should be there in rds 4 -7...not all of them might be good enough to be a starter but they all might be better then Tuel for 3rd spot or with time take over as back-up ...just not sure wich one Id take...only guy ive actually seen play a game might be Connor Shaw...he looked pretty sharp...but no evaluator of talent am I

Thad Lewis should be a practice squad QB, there is no way he should be a #2 QB on any team in the NFL, he is a turnover machine who cannot hold onto the ball. He has 7 fumbles in 6 games, and he did not even play all of those games. Stafford had the most int he NFL with 12. If Lewis played every game he would have had 20 fumbles,, 75% more than the guy who fumbled the most.

He is awful.

Get a grip, people. You can't fumble that much and he considered remotely dependable.

I was listening to NFL Sirius last night. They seemed higher on Murray ("has a very live arm but just 6'1") and Metzberger (sp?) than they were on McCarron. They felt the 4th would be too early for AJ McCarron.

I was wondering if Buffalo might grab a guy in rd 4 or 5 with some of the guys coming out this year....aaron Murray, Tajh Boyd, Connor Shaw, Logan Thomas all should be there in rds 4 -7...not all of them might be good enough to be a starter but they all might be better then Tuel for 3rd spot or with time take over as back-up ...just not sure wich one Id take...only guy ive actually seen play a game might be Connor Shaw...he looked pretty sharp...but no evaluator of talent am I

Going off potential alone...YES, please!?!

Not to mention, no need to change the playbook...EJ and LT are about the same player...BIG AND ATHLETIC, with ROCKET arms.

Edited by Bob Malooga

I'm all for Aaron Murray! He has been my top QB for the last 2+ years coming out of college. I believe he has all the tools to be an excellent NFL QB. With his injury it will be easy to have him sit a year and learn the system while we evaluate EJ for hopefully a full season.

Any draft geeks know where Derek Carr is projected to be picked?

Round 1 or 2. I'd take him in round 2 if he was there. Kids got an absolute rocket arm. Gets a little skittish and makes some bad throws, but reads the defense pretty well, can move and has that arm. I love his upside.

I'd be happy taking Murray, mettenberger, Boyd, mccarron, garrapolo in rounds 4-7, maybe even 3.

Edited by NewEra

Going off potential alone...YES, please!?!

Not to mention, no need to change the playbook...EJ and LT are about the same player...BIG AND ATHLETIC, with ROCKET arms.

Unfortunately Logan Thomas is also brutally inconsistent. I'm basing that opinion on some of his film from this past season, but did you also happen to catch his performance in the Senior Bowl? The guy was not even close on a bunch of throws. Sure his size is great, but I don't think he'll ever make it in the NFL.

Unfortunately Logan Thomas is also brutally inconsistent. I'm basing that opinion on some of his film from this past season, but did you also happen to catch his performance in the Senior Bowl? The guy was not even close on a bunch of throws. Sure his size is great, but I don't think he'll ever make it in the NFL.

I think he's terrible. Just a big dude that plays QB.

They should bring in a veteran pressence as the third string and offer insights in the film room. Thad Lewis should be the #2, and EJ should have a second year to prove he's "the guy" uncontested.

I agree EJ should have every opportunity to prove he is the guy but i am just saying as i security blanket incase he isn't . I the past we have done that & not drafted any QB's since Edwards & we have stayed mediocre at best .

The confidence in Tuel after one start is in the toilet (go figure Bills fans wanting a SB type player out of the first start of a rookie) Thad Lewis could be better but his history shows he is what he is a back up like Fitz i just think that given the opinion of Bills fans for who we have in the stable IF Murray is there it would be a great get for the price !!

I was listening to NFL Sirius last night. They seemed higher on Murray ("has a very live arm but just 6'1") and Metzberger (sp?) than they were on McCarron. They felt the 4th would be too early for AJ McCarron.

WOW it blows me away ! McCarron has had a great career & SEEMS to be nothing but a very level headed winner with most all the tools to be a really good NFL QB & guys are already dissin on him !! Amazing !!

He's beyond terrible. Showed some flashes early in his career, but he's killed Va tech w consistently poor play.

He's a poor mans EJ.

Yup, and I had high hopes for Thomas too. He is basically undraftable for me.

I don't want to even think about a QB before the 3rd but I do like Murray and would take him if he was there. As for the rest of the guys, they are so whatever. I could maybe get with McCarron with a 4th or later but too many crazies would call for him to start. IMO, he screams backup QB but it could develop into a Kirk Cousins situation. Basically, that's where a guy picked in the 4th round somehow in some fans' minds because a better talent than their 1st round QB.