2014 NFL Scouting Combine

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With his size he's still a good pick at 4.5. He's going to be able to use his body to box out DBs to get open with proper coaching. Kind of like Marshall and Alsjon Jeffrey did all year in Chicago

Completely agree. He'll be impossible to stop on the back shoulder fade and will also be a Red Zone Monster.

Evans 2nd 40 time is a 4.47. Great time!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Completely agree. He'll be impossible to stop on the back shoulder fade and will also be a Red Zone Monster.

Evans 2nd 40 time is a 4.47. Great time!

95% sold. Want to see the gauntlet drill now

I'm changing my tune on Mike Evans.

Up to this point, I thought he was just a big guy that beat up on the smaller DBs in college.

His gauntlet and timed speed and telling a different story. He's showing much better agility and short-area quickness than I thought.

I'm warming up to the idea of Evans at 9th overall.

I'm changing my tune on Mike Evans.

Up to this point, I thought he was just a big guy that beat up on the smaller DBs in college.

His gauntlet and timed speed and telling a different story. He's showing much better agility and short-area quickness than I thought.

I'm warming up to the idea of Evans at 9th overall.

Honestly, I'm glad he had a good 40 time but I really didn't know how much it matter. You don't just dominate the SEC, the conference with the best defensive backs in the country, if you aren't a legit wr. How many big time SEC Wrs become busts on the next level?

I'm completely confused at this point. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I watch the tackles go through their drills and I want one. I saw Ebron run, hear what Mayock says about him and I want him, but apparently he had problems in the drills. Wasn't high on Evans, but he looks good. Then there is Mack.

I'm completely confused at this point. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I watch the tackles go through their drills and I want one. I saw Ebron run, hear what Mayock says about him and I want him, but apparently he had problems in the drills. Wasn't high on Evans, but he looks good. Then there is Mack.

i know what you mean, i could be talked into any one of these guys and probably a few more.

Honestly, I'm glad he had a good 40 time but I really didn't know how much it matter. You don't just dominate the SEC, the conference with the best defensive backs in the country, if you aren't a legit wr. How many big time SEC Wrs become busts on the next level?

Mostly guys from Florida are the busts :)

I wasn't really speaking so much about his 40 time as much as what he showed in the gauntlet and in the route drills.

I'll settle for whichever elite talent falls to the No. 9 pick...can't go wrong it seems

Just looking at Evans and Ebron...their obvious length...The Bills are going to have one heck of a tough decision at #9...If they choose to stay there...

It's looking very possible that Lewan (or Matthews), Evans, and Ebron will all be available at #9...Decisions, decisions... B-)

Just watched Evans gauntlet again...I know it's a weird drill and all, but sometimes it effectively shows how well a WR can pluck the ball out of the air...I'm not sure I've ever seen a WR run that drill and look more impressive than Evans did...That kid may need a lot of work in some areas...They all need work somewhere...But the sky is absolutely the limit for him because he is a silky smooth, almost 6-5 WR...I think in that drill alone he showed the difference between himself and Benjamin...Not that Benjamin looked bad at all...But Evans looks special...Watching Evans, Ebron, and Lewan the past three days is making me re-think my love for a trade down...These kids are ultra-impressive athletes...And they have on-field production to back it up...

Another question...Is Kelvin Benjamin really just Sidney Rice in disguise? And I'm not even talking about the fact that they look a little alike...When I see Benjamin run and catch I see Sidney Rice...They look like VERY similar type prospects...Which is not necessarily a bad thing for Benjamin...

Edited by KOKBILLS

I would take Yankey if the Bills were to trade down very far into the first round, which I don't anticipate, but you never know.

I'd rather have Benjamin over Evans, and I think some team will reach for Ebron.

Not to harp on this too much (though it looks like I will anyway... ;) )...But the chances that the Bills would trade down and take an OG in the first in a normal year are thin...Let alone a year that is one of the deepest at OT in recent memory...It's not the Bills organizational philosophy to take OG's in the first couple of rounds...And this year there could be as many as 8-9 OT's with 1st or 2nd Round grades...And only 3-4 OG's rated in the same area, with the highest being Yancey as a borderline 1st Round pick...

We had a similar discussion last year when the Bills could have stayed put and taken one of two VERY high rated OG's...Higher rated than in any recent year, and definitely much higher rated than any OG this year...The Bills did exactly what most expected them to do...They passed on those two OG's...Because not only did they want EJ (in a trade down), they don't value a pure OG like some teams may...They will possibly take an OT in a trade down scenario...Even a RT if they feel they can push them inside for a year or two...But they don't take pure OG's high...Unless Whaley decides to go against one of Buddy's biggest Draft beliefs and philosophies...Which I doubt...This is not about the individual players as much as it's about organizational philosophy...

And to add to all of this...Any time you have a Draft this deep talent at positions like OG, and SS, are going to naturally get pushed down the board...It's just what happens...There should be some very nice talent at OG still available in the middle rounds this year... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Yep. Cooks, Bryant, Beckham, even your man Philly Brown would be more fun than Tj Graham.

Yes! Philly was a very reliable WR with great hands and better speed. Doesn't probably have the size to fit the mold the Bills are looking for in this draft but would be a great mid to late round pick for someone, plus he can return punts. OSU didn't throw the ball very much while B Miller was in there so his stats would be misleading. Edited by YoloinOhio