"True Detective" anyone?

Buftex

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the show got better over the final few episodes leading into the finale. The finale wasn't anything special. They tied most things up, but the show could have been better if it has deleted one or two storylines.

Hopefully season three is better.

I thought the show got better over the final few episodes leading into the finale. The finale wasn't anything special. They tied most things up, but the show could have been better if it has deleted one or two storylines.

Hopefully season three is better.

I think it's going to be hard for them to find "A List" actors for season 3 after the reception of this season. Maybe that's a good thing though, lower expectations a bit and find people that fit their roles better regardless of how well known they are.

Edited by Mark80

I think it's going to be hard for them to find "A List" actors for season 3 after the reception of this season. Maybe that's a good thing though, lower expectations a bit and find people that fit their roles better regardless of how well known they are.

True. I could see them bringing in people who were stars that have been out of the limelight for a little while.

i remember being a bit nervous about Vaughn, and Ferrel being in the type of roles these were. the writing ended up being rough, but i dont think those two helped me buy into the season either - likely both their actual styles as well as the natural attachments A-list guys come with from past characters as a viewer.

I was wrong - it never got good. Gave me a glimmer in the second half but nope. It's a shame as I thought it would be pretty decent despite initial worries about the cast.

Yup. Just binge watched the last three episodes. Started off badly, wove waaay too much garbage into an 8-show series, never recovered and punted in the finale to try to wrap everything up because they ran out of script.

Welcome to the sophomore slump, M. Night Pizzolatto

• 2 weeks later...