Time For A Tea Party Thread

3rdnlng

Tyrannical government? What government is that?

That would be the government that has caused people to lose their health insurance and specifically made the "shutdown" as hard on the general populace as possible. It would be the government that is spying on its own people and hacking into reporter's computers. It would be the government that sold weapons to the drug cartels and left U.S. citizens to die on purpose on foreign soil. It would be the government that is shutting down the California vegetable fields and forcing people to violate their religious views. Yes, that government would be our own federal government.

Now, respond with your usual drivel, call me a partisan hack or come up with some other inane statement.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be the government that has caused people to lose their health insurance and specifically made the "shutdown" as hard on the general populace as possible. It would be the government that is spying on its own people and hacking into reporter's computers. It would be the government that sold weapons to the drug cartels and left U.S. citizens to die on purpose on foreign soil. It would be the government that is shutting down the California vegetable fields and forcing people to violate their religious views. Yes, that government would be our own federal government.

Now, respond with your usual drivel, call me a partisan hack or come up with some other inane statement.

Boy, you really hate it here. Why don't you leave?

And you were happy as a clam during the 8 years under Bush?

I didn't run around claiming we lived under a tyrannical government for God's sake.

I guess you couldn't find a way to weave partisan hack into your statement. You did get your usual drivel in and of course your inane statement.

So you are defending the idea we live under a tyranny and claiming my statement is inane. Priceless

I didn't run around claiming we lived under a tyrannical government for God's sake.

So you are defending the idea we live under a tyranny and claiming my statement is inane. Priceless

Why don't you challenge the statements I made in post #201? Tell me why the items I spelled out are not tyrannical. Get specific. Put a little work into it rather than coming up with stupid schit.

Given that we don't know what sock-puppet you were posting as back then, we can't verify that.

But PLENTY of your compatriots were claiming just that. The dichotomy between then and now is actually rather funny.

Probably? You don't know? Why do you always talk out your anal cavity?

Oh no, he knows. We all do.

LOL................On ABC’s This Week, The Nation editor Katrina vanden Heuvel said the Tea Party was “a corporate-hugging, well-funded lobby,”

What stuns me is that any literate journalist would cling to the idea that the populist, anti-corporatist Tea Party could be labeled “corporate-hugging.”

Or that the editor of something called The Nation would fail to know that progressivism is shot through with corporatism and always has been.

Or that a growing horde of conservative activists has read the books and knows this history.

They need it worse than we do..................

European Tea Party Movements On The March.

According to The Economist, this “insurgency is doing well partly because the mainstream has done so badly. Governments encouraged consumers to borrow, let the banks run wild and designed the euro as the pinnacle of the European project.” And
“in the past five years ordinary people have paid a price for these follies, in higher taxes, unemployment, benefit cuts and pay freezes.” As a result, more Europeans are viewing the modern state as being “designed to look after itself, rather than the citizens it is supposed to serve.”

Uh oh. The rubes are catching on.

LOL................On ABC’s This Week, The Nation editor Katrina vanden Heuvel said the Tea Party was “a corporate-hugging, well-funded lobby,”

What stuns me is that any literate journalist would cling to the idea that the populist, anti-corporatist Tea Party could be labeled “corporate-hugging.”

Or that the editor of something called The Nation would fail to know that progressivism is shot through with corporatism and always has been.

Or that a growing horde of conservative activists has read the books and knows this history

The only thng that is stunning is your idiocy. Fox news and right wing radio have orchestrated the tea party from the start, they are not grass roots at all. On top of that big corporate money funded the stupid tea party all along, just one example. Here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/big-tobaccos-tea-party-ties-exposed-20130213

The only thng that is stunning is your idiocy. Fox news and right wing radio have orchestrated the tea party from the start, they are not grass roots at all. On top of that big corporate money funded the stupid tea party all along, just one example. Here:

http://www.rollingst...xposed-20130213

So what is wrong with supporting a group of citizens that believe in fiscal and personal responsibility? Why are these bad virtues? Wouldn't we be better off as a nation if fewer people relied on taxpayer funded programs? Isn't reducing dependency good for everybody?

So what is wrong with supporting a group of citizens that believe in fiscal and personal responsibility? Why are these bad virtues? Wouldn't we be better off as a nation if fewer people relied on taxpayer funded programs? Isn't reducing dependency good for everybody?

Obviously not.

So you admit I'm right that the tea party stooges are a corporate backed movement?

To answer your question, sure, it would be great if people didn't get sick and need Medicare and Medicare, cutting health care won't make people well though. I wish all those cranky old tea par tiers would refuse health care through Medicare and the VA, heck, I wish they would launch a nationwide hunger strike and stick to it till the end. I wonder what percentage of tea par tiers are getting government funded health care?

I'd love it if everyone had a good job and didn't need help, but that has been been, and never will be.

I wish Duke power wasn't polluting the streams and rivers of North Carolina so we didn't need to be dependent on the EPA, but we are.

So you admit I'm right that the tea party stooges are a corporate backed movement?

To answer your question, sure, it would be great if people didn't get sick and need Medicare and Medicare, cutting health care won't make people well though. I wish all those cranky old tea par tiers would refuse health care through Medicare and the VA, heck, I wish they would launch a nationwide hunger strike and stick to it till the end. I wonder what percentage of tea par tiers are getting government funded health care?

I'd love it if everyone had a good job and didn't need help, but that has been been, and never will be.

I wish Duke power wasn't polluting the streams and rivers of North Carolina so we didn't need to be dependent on the EPA, but we are.

As posted earlier:

Why don't you challenge the statements I made in post #201? Tell me why the items I spelled out are not tyrannical. Get specific. Put a little work into it rather than coming up with stupid schit.