Trent Edwards in Congo?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Africa the Bills won 4 straight Super Bowls. All those T-shirts and hats that were made before we lost are all over Africa.

Not just in Africa - in Central America too. On more than one occasion I've seen Central American day laborers wearing Bills Super Bowl champ baseball caps.

Remember that famous photo from the Tiananmen Square uprising in China where an iron-willed Chinese guy stopped an entire column of tanks by standing in front of the lead tank? If that Chinese guy had been wearing a Trent Edwards jersey, he'd be dead.

Of course, that would also make him a time traveler (Trent was 5 years old then), so it would have been an even bigger loss.

Tank-Man1.jpg

Where I work we actually buy what we call "t-shirt rags" in 25 lb bags for use as shop rags. They are cut up old t-shirts. I swear some of them are the cut out sides you mention.

We do too @ my work... Funny digging through those things, you never know what you will find, looks like some pretty nice polo shirts and what not @ one time... Designer name tags and logos too!

Could be Vince Ferragamo

Modern/more present day color scheme. It is Trent. Also, I think it has the 50 year commemorative patch on it too (right shoulder).

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Instead of referring to failed Jim Kelly replacements by name, we should just number them by when they served time with the Bills (not "played"). Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie would have low numbers, Billy Joe Hobert would follow soon after, Edwards and Losman and van Pelt and Fitz and Bledsoe would each have a number. Using the numbers would be quicker and more efficient, and would minimize the nausea I get from seeing these names in print.

About ten years ago, my neice had a weird book of trivia, and she showed me a page that had a map of Africa, and somewhere in the middle it was labeled "The Buffalo Bills are a Superbowl Dynasty here". I laughed, but I also thought it would be pretty cool if I could get my hands on some of those shirts.