S***Hole School In Queens: How Does This Happen?

It's almost as if crayonz was still here. :doh:

i didn't say that tenure was a good thing necessarily. i used it as an example of the war on public education. i'd bet that teachers in nc might negotiate away tenure for better pay and incentives for attaining advanced certification, for example. but nc has just stripped them all away. there's no bargaining except to leave...which many are doing and more likely will. i certainly would.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't say that tenure was a good thing necessarily. i used it as an example of the war on public education. i'd bet that teachers in nc might negotiate away tenure for better pay and incentives for attaining advanced certification, for example. but nc has just stripped them all away. there's no bargaining except to leave...which many are doing and more likely will. i certainly would.

Tenure shouldn't even be on the negotiating table because it shouldn't be part of a teacher's package. I got a buck says it was put in place by an all Dem government. Now you have an all GOP government. That's the way it works...elections have consequences...or so I've been told.

Plus, the teachers don't need to quit quietly.There are plenty of jobs opening up in the 26 charter schools scheduled to open in North Carolina in the fall. They can just get work there.

Edited by LABillzFan

well, yes, i do. i have a niece that teaches elementary school in durham. it probably won't surprise you that many of my friends are educators here in va. they're well aware of what's going on over there eg teacher pay freezes for the last 5 years or so, no compensation for advanced degrees, no tenure, wages for some teachers as low as 20k and much more. and there's proven links to these efforts and far right national conservative groups.

and who has controlled this state for years? Who was the last Gov? What was her background? Even in her term she didn't do a thing. Now a Republican is in and been given the chore of fixing all the mistakes of how many years? From Easley and clown face to well before. This state has done nothing but devour itself inside out.

this state only recruited second tier twxchrrs from out of state because their own are either too smart to teach or too dumb

this state only recruited second tier twxchrrs from out of state because their own are either too smart to teach or too dumb

And publicity. Second-tier twxchrrs (sic) (what the !@#$, man?) are more likely to be featured in a GBID "Hot for Teacher" thread.

And publicity. Second-tier twxchrrs (sic) (what the !@#$, man?) are more likely to be featured in a GBID "Hot for Teacher" thread.

publicity is moral Mondays brought to the national stage by democrats afraid to lose more of NC

there's much more here than meets the eye:http://www.ncpolicywatch.com/2013/05/21/large-out-of-state-donors-fuel-north-carolinas-school-choice-movement/. nc is a proxy battleground for this movement. hopefully, folks in va (and elsewhere) are smart enough to decide such issues on their own without involving outside special interests.

there's much more here than meets the eye:http://www.ncpolicywatch.com/2013/05/21/large-out-of-state-donors-fuel-north-carolinas-school-choice-movement/. nc is a proxy battleground for this movement. hopefully, folks in va (and elsewhere) are smart enough to decide such issues on their own without involving outside special interests.

where was all this outrage about gov in NC a few years ago and before?

Exactly. Dems burned this state down. Its a big mess. Do you have any idea how much this state spends to put flowers and **** alongside our highways? Millions and millions. every year. For nothing but those traveling thru

Edited by jboyst62

Exactly. Dems burned this state down. Its a big mess. Do you have any idea how much this state spends to put flowers and **** alongside our highways? Millions and millions. every year. For nothing but those traveling thru

Hey, Potemkin villages are important.

where was all this outrage about gov in NC a few years ago and before?

i must be missing the connection between planting bulbs and wildflowers on highways and waging a special interest fueled war on public education...

That school sounds..................

AWESOME

but seriosly, my kids would be in private school- there was never a wasted moment in my private schooling, always nose to grind stone- and the teachers didnt make ****, they just loved the place because they had motivated students who had parents who cared.

We don't need people with advanced degrees. We need people that care. Let's see the public school system produce anything close to this. This is what happens when people who care teach kids. Oh and I don't think his teachers made any money teaching him.

the best and brightest are not going in to teaching. why would they? there is an outright war on public education in some parts of the country. north carolina is the poster child. guess which side of the aisle composes the attackers? unfortunately, many people can't afford private schools but most of them don't vote republican. yes, there are some very bad teachers around. there are also some amazing ones. the answer is to weed out the bad and incentivize enough good to retain and recruit them to public education. i'm guessing that's not what you all imagine as the solution.

****ty teachers combined with ****ty administrators, ****ty regulations, ****ty unions, and ****ty parents all work together to produce the ****ty results we have today.

But let's pretend that more shittiness in some areas and less shittiness in other areas will give better results.

Who cares where anyone wants to send their kid. Private school or public. NC public schools aren't getting it done. Sad but true. The money this state should spend on important things they bury in the ground to come up roses.

We don't need people with advanced degrees. We need people that care. Let's see the public school system produce anything close to this. This is what happens when people who care teach kids. Oh and I don't think his teachers made any money teaching him.

the kid's obviously very bright. he'd likely do well academically and personally being educated in a wide variety of settings. kids like him aren't the ones that education in america is failing. although, he could use some work on presentation. a bit too rehearsed and canned. nobody uses neurobiology and stoked in a spontaneous sentence together. maybe he should study this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBx2Y5HhplI

the kid's obviously very bright. he'd likely do well academically and personally being educated in a wide variety of settings. kids like him aren't the ones that education in america is failing. although, he could use some work on presentation. a bit too rehearsed and canned. nobody uses neurobiology and stoked in a spontaneous sentence together. maybe he should study this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBx2Y5HhplI

I hate to burst your bubble, but the practice of teaching to the lowest common denominator leaves many of our brightest students behind.

The system is failing all kids, not just the dumb or the poor.