Playoffs: Colts at Patriots

Just Jack

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me this is the last time ever that I have to hear Dierdorf.. This can't be CBS' best broadcast team ( because he's on it), so this is his swan song, Right? Please????

I've never understood the love and respect for this chump. He was a crappy player and he never improved behind the mic - from his 1st broadcast to tonight.

Good riddence!

In that situation the punter should kick the ball out of bounds...No idea what Deirdorf is saying, why on earth would you want the punter to cover the ball and give the Colts a first and goal at the 2?

Take the safety, punt the ball and hope your defense doesn't give up a drive

Edited by Max997

In that situation the punter should either kick the ball out of bounds...No idea what Deirdorf is saying, why on earth would you want the punter to cover the ball and give the Colts a first and goal at the 2?

His analysis on that play is exactly why he is being forced into retirement after this game.

So long, Dierdork.

In that situation the punter should either kick the ball out of bounds...No idea what Deirdorf is saying, why on earth would you want the punter to cover the ball and give the Colts a first and goal at the 2?

I think that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard Dierdorf say. And he's said a lot of stupid things through the years :wallbash:

It's not even debatable, always take the safety. Dierdorf sounded like an idiot

I think that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard Dierdorf say. And he's said a lot of stupid things through the years :wallbash:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I think Dierdorf was exhibiting clear signs of premature senility. I mean he has said some dumb things, he has showed his lack of knowledge about so many nuances in the game over the last few years but what he said there was borderline retarded. Completely inexplicable to be so clueless on what the punter should have done in that situation. Then he tries to cover himself with an even more idiotic explanation saying that the Pats punter should have just sat on the ball instead of a safety because the Pats D could have held the Colts and they could have got a FG??!! Yes Dan letting the Colts score 3 points is somehow better for the Pats than the Colts getting 2. What on earth?!!

Also when Luck got sacked by Collins it was right at the knees. A Wilfork special. But if that happened to Brady it's fifteen yards.

I hate that rule and don't mind that no flag was thrown there as he was airborne. That said 3 calls/no calls in that quarter alone leading to 8 points for the pats* and ending a drive for the Colts. C'mon Colts overcome the zebras!