Bellicheat placed Spikes on season-ending IR for being late to team me

YoloinOhio

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the early report was that Spikes has been called out by Bellicheeks as a dedicated hard worker who toughed it out with his barely functioning knees . and enough was enough . And he gets paid the playoff bonus ? interesting turn of events. Have to laugh about this one ! Ha !

B spikes will never wear a Bills sweater vest/uni .

the early report was that Spikes has been called out by Bellicheeks as a dedicated hard worker who toughed it out with his barely functioning knees . and enough was enough . And he gets paid the playoff bonus ? interesting turn of events. Have to laugh about this one ! Ha !

B spikes will never wear a Bills sweater vest/uni .

I think he has to get a playoff bonus if he plays for a certain portion of the season... contractually. Spikes got "hurt" in the Bills game, which is 6 weeks from the SB. He would have been fine to play by then if not before that (earlier reports had said he could have been ready this week or next if they advanced. Bellicheat is taking away his ability to play in a potential SB.

Well, also, it's the kind of injury report / roster manipulation this team has gotten away with for years.

Blatant hypocrisy

I think he has to get a playoff bonus if he plays for a certain portion of the season... contractually. Spikes got "hurt" in the Bills game, which is 6 weeks from the SB. He would have been fine to play by then if not before that (earlier reports had said he could have been ready this week or next if they advanced. Bellicheat is taking away his ability to play in a potential SB.

Not sure.

i thought i read a statement in PFF about his injury just plain deteriorating .

If he did think Spikes can help him win, i would guess none of this would be playing out.

edit even if he was on crutches before the game

Edited by 3rdand12

Maybe Spikes wasn't going to play, or be effective if he did play, and this was just an easy decision to make. That said i like players getting benched for not being an adult, like Dareus was. Marcel's second benching should have been for a game not a half and cost him $$$$.

Edited by jumbalaya

On whose part?

sorry i did not know someone knew what the word meant. oops.

But if i would guess the meaning, i would guess the league is slanted. Bill has the god complex working and thinks he can manipulate the league to his own ends. thats just what i see from my valley

Maybe Spikes wasn't going to play, or be effective if he did play, and this was just an easy decision to make. That said i like players getting benched for not being an adult, like Dareus was. Marcel's second benching should have been for a game not a half and cost him $$$$.

Bills were not playing for the championship.

sorry i did not know someone knew what the word meant. oops.

But if i would guess the meaning, i would guess the league is slanted. Bill has the god complex working and thinks he can manipulate the league to his own ends. thats just what i see from my valley

Ah, I see. I was worried this was being levied at yours truly.

Ah, I see. I was worried this was being levied at yours truly.

Oh lordy no.

My Sincere apology good and kind Sir .

I do question your character . But who am i to judge ? i mean really : )

Sounds like Spikes, who is set to become an UFA, told the Cheats how much it's going to cost them to keep him. So they put him on IR for his knee and some bogus other reason.

I think itsa Bill thing more thana Spikes thing

This is totally illegal.

The NFLPA needs to file a grievance.

If the reason he is ir'd is a mutual decision or discipline, it's gotta be illegal. Gives the patriots an extra roster spot too, right?

If he's both actually hurt, and not upset by it - there's really no way to make a case. Otherwise, yea using IR for discipline is against the rules. With what could be a single game left on the season and him hurt though.....

Sounds like Spikes, who is set to become an UFA, told the Cheats how much it's going to cost them to keep him. So they put him on IR for his knee and some bogus other reason.

Ummm wouldn't they want to play him into the ground, long term health be damned, if it were simply that he's planning to leave next year?

If he's both actually hurt, and not upset by it - there's really no way to make a case. Otherwise, yea using IR for discipline is against the rules. With what could be a single game left on the season and him hurt though.....

Ummm wouldn't they want to play him into the ground, long term health be damned, if it were simply that he's planning to leave next year?

While not quite following the Doc's logic, I could see it being detrimental to Spikes to not get a game in front of a national audience to drive his price up. I could also see it helping his stock by not ending up getting caught in a play where the injury hampers him.

Either way, the guy is a douche, and Belicheck is, too, he's just the douche-in-chief. That's what this is about, right?

Huge move going into playoffs. Must be a tyrant.

Field Yates@FieldYates2m

Via @mortreport: LB Brandon Spikes was placed on IR in part because of showing up late to team meeting during bye week. Also has knee issue.

Retweeted by Albert BreerHuge move for

Must be an Alabama thing.

He must not be listening to coaching or being a cancer because that's an extreme move.