Report: NFL to Add Additional Wild Card Team per Conference

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I like it.

Reason: Aside from 2-3 teams, there is so much parity in the NFL that there is very little difference between 7-9 and 8-8 teams and those that usually make the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6.

We'd see a lot of upsets, I'm sure. Which is entertaining.

I do like it. It makes top seed very, very meaningful. #2 seed gets a consolation prize of at least two home games in the playoffs if you go with the chalk. And you still aren't letting half the league into the playoffs a la NHL / NBA.

You also avoid some of these ghastly scenarios where 7-9, 8-8 teams are making it over 10-6 ones.

and also how great would Weeks 16 and 17 be when you have one more wild card spot? Literally every game would have playoff implications.

Would be fabulous and it would mean two more games on Wild Card Weekend. Even greater domination of the airwaves by the NFL and more revenue too.

it's great idea.

that is where the extra revenue will come from when they reduce the preseason games from 4 to 2.

Reducing preseason games will probably happen, but, the game will be sloppier & Da'Rick Rogers threads are going to multiply tenfold. It will be tough for teams to make decisions on borderline players.

Reducing preseason games will probably happen, but, the game will be sloppier & Da'Rick Rogers threads are going to multiply tenfold. It will be tough for teams to make decisions on borderline players.

Can't see franchises being in favor of two less games without some means of replacing the lost ticket sales/luxury box revenue.