Bills to meet with Rogers Communications

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the article;

"Does Rogers want out? Do the Bills want out? Do both sides want out?"

We can only hope and pray.

The poll was also at 87% for discontinuing the series. I think this year is the most disgust I have seen with the series since it's inception. Many of us bought the hype of we need this to survive but over time most have realized it's not true and it's just slap in our face to give them our games.

Hopefully the front office sees the competitive advantage that the "home crowd" gives to the opponent and our hatred of the money grab and they stop this nonsense.

Once this ends I'm sure Bills fans will pack the house in December.

YEAH, RIGHT!

PTR

I do like the prospect of a guaranteed late-season sellout in case of a terrible season. But Atlanta loses if that game's in Orchard Park, Bills stay in playoff contention and so that Miami game sells out.

You always like to throw out the lack of December sellouts during the successful 90s when the capacity was clear over 80,000. But since the renovation made the capacity more reasonable you can't make that correlation. You can only really point to maybe Titans 2006/2011 and Jax 2012 as meaningful late-season games that weren't sold out. And if you consider sellouts like Brownies/Steelers 2004, Fins 2007, SF 2008 and ironically Rams 2012 (among a couple others), it really is a wash. Not gonna say December sellouts are guaranteed if the Bills are alive but you can't claim they aren't a decent possibility.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk

I do like the prospect of a guaranteed late-season sellout in case of a terrible season. But Atlanta loses if that game's in Orchard Park, Bills stay in playoff contention and so that Miami game sells out.

You always like to throw out the lack of December sellouts during the successful 90s when the capacity was clear over 80,000. But since the renovation made the capacity more reasonable you can't make that correlation. You can only really point to maybe Titans 2006/2011 and Jax 2012 as meaningful late-season games that weren't sold out. And if you consider sellouts like Brownies/Steelers 2004, Fins 2007, SF 2008 and ironically Rams 2012 (among a couple others), it really is a wash. Not gonna say December sellouts are guaranteed if the Bills are alive but you can't claim they aren't a decent possibility.

Atlanta loses if Stevie and Chandler hang on to the damn ball!! Or maybe they were stunned by all the Falcons jerseys and forgot not to fumble. :doh:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's always been about the money. They have it, and Ralph wants it.

Rogers is calling all the shots, and since they recognize that their time and facility have better profit potential without the BILLS, I expect there to be an amicable exit announced. As a Fan, I will be happy to see that!

Once this ends I'm sure Bills fans will pack the house in December.

YEAH, RIGHT!

PTR

Still banging the drum for the Toronto series, huh? You might be the last one eventually. So tell me, do you still honestly believe the Toronto series benefits this team, or do you just enjoy the attention that comes with being a contrarian?

yes, because deciding not to sell a win per season is the same as not being cheap.

Hey, no one ever said the "Ralph is Cheap" crowd was logical (or sane).

Still banging the drum for the Toronto series, huh? You might be the last one eventually. So tell me, do you still honestly believe the Toronto series benefits this team, or do you just enjoy the attention that comes with being a contrarian

put me down as in FAVOR of the toronto series.

attendance wise, southern ontario fans just exceeded fans from rochester who attend games in Orchard Park.

that happened because of the toronto series and all the free & paid promotions via newsprint, radio & TV coverage.

losing a home game to essentially a nuetral site is a high price to pay. but it is worth it long term.

with Toronto we are the 4th largest NFL market.

without Toronto, we will be the 2nd largest market after relocating to L.A. .....and don't think a measly $400 million penalty is going to deter anything....... a franchise in L.A. is worth over $2 Billion. the Bills will sell for $900,000 & $400,000 penalty = $1.3 Billion.

embrace southern ontario.....7 home games are much better than none.

attendance wise, southern ontario fans just exceeded fans from rochester who attend games in Orchard Park.

that happened because of the toronto series and all the free & paid promotions via newsprint, radio & TV coverage.

losing a home game to essentially a nuetral site is a high price to pay. but it is worth it long term.

without Toronto, we will be the 2nd largest market after relocating to L.A. .....and don't think a measly $400 million penalty is going to deter anything....... a franchise in L.A. is worth over $2 Billion. the Bills will sell for $900,000 & $400,000 penalty = $1.3 Billion.

Bottom line: 65k less seats that have to be sold.

Not many seem to like the TO series, particularly Toronto fans. It is overpriced. And it is not fun; i.e. bad in-house atmosphere, no tailgating. The Bills won't lose Canadian fans

if the TO game is discontinued because it seems, for the most part, the real Bills fans from Canada prefer to get on the QEW to see their team in their natural habitat. They enjoy the

tailgaiting and the in-house atmosphere. Even if the Bills are bad, the experience is NFL level. In TO the experience is bush league and that is NOT because the Bills aren’t that good. The 90’s Bills could have gone there and the price gouging, sterile atmosphere and lack of true NFL experience would still turn off the fans of the team who have been to Buffalo and know what it is supposed to be like.

TO seems to lack consistent, passionate, support for any of their teams, outside the Leafs. And the Leafs are as bad as the Bills for an even longer period of time. The difference is that the Leafs are the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Bills do not belong to TO; they know it and so do we. TO It is a great city with a lot to offer, but pro sports do not seem to be a passion in general. Their attitude seems to be that they like having the Jays or the Raptors or the Argos, but they don’t NEED them. The Leafs are the team they need. Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New York, Boston etc. those cities NEED their teams. It’s just a different relationship with sports in the two countries. Sports is a part of the fabric of America. Especially football. That said, the fans who are died in the wool can’t pay the exorbitant prices or don’t feel compelled to and I understand that totally. And, as I said earlier, prefer to come to Buffalo anyway. I understand that too. Watching a game at the Ralph is an experience.

I contend that reclaiming that TO game would not cause a loss of souther OT fans. It might increase them.

Edited by purple haze

Exactly, I'd like to know how Papazoid or the Bills or whoever can claim that the TO series has increased fans from Southern Ontario. I've yet to see on this board or talk to a Canadian at a game who even LIKES the TO series, much less became a Bills sth because of it.

I've never liked theToronto series. It's one less opportunity to see the Bills at home. Going to see them in Toronto isn't even practical for many season ticket holders. Rochester folks have to drive 3 or more hours just to get there, and of course you have to clear customs too. It's an all-around p.i.t.a.

Even Russ has stopped drinking this kool aid.