McCarron Thread

section122

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea how Blake bottles gets 9+ pages and McCarron hasn't gotten one.

This game is surprisingly a ban burner and mcCarron has thrown 2 picks so far. I'm in the camp of wanting him in the 3rd if he is still available. Love his leadership and think he slides around the pocket well. He also is very accurate with prototype size.

I definitely get the knock of being surrounded by incredible talent but he has done exactly what you're supposed to do with it, win.

Not sure where Alabamas defense is for this game. Maybe stoops was on to something about the overrated sec defenses.... (I don't actually agree)

because Bortles is awesome and McCarron is not prototype, that said he is poised and accurate and the third would be a good spot for him.

Knight is a redshirt freshman playing in his 8th career game.

He split time with Blake Bell at QB.

I believe this was Knight's 4th career start.

He was 32-44 for 348 yards and 4 TDs against a team that was a 17 point favorite in a major bowl game.

You guys weren't impressed?

I liked him a lot. McCarron not so much, no reason to spend a pick on him.

No idea how Blake bottles gets 9+ pages and McCarron hasn't gotten one.

This game is surprisingly a ban burner and mcCarron has thrown 2 picks so far. I'm in the camp of wanting him in the 3rd if he is still available. Love his leadership and think he slides around the pocket well. He also is very accurate with prototype size.

I definitely get the knock of being surrounded by incredible talent but he has done exactly what you're supposed to do with it, win.

Not sure where Alabamas defense is for this game. Maybe stoops was on to something about the overrated sec defenses.... (I don't actually agree)

McCarron is a guy that won't hold up at all in the combine / scouting process. He'll fall to the 5th or 6th... the talking heads will extoll his virtues, say team X got a steal, say he's a winner and how can you discount that. He'll then go on to do nothing, and everyone outside of Alabama will forget about him.

McCarron will be doing SEC pregame telecasts by 2016. He is a third day prospect. Probably makes it through cuts if the team he goes to keeps three QB's. Ask yourself, is he any different than Greg McElroy? I will answer. He is 2 inches taller and not as smart.

Well he does have that girlfriend.

Seems like he's got a strong arm though.

McCarron looks like a product of the system. One with a lot of good oline and not a lot of need to bring a team from behind with his arm. We'll see how he does for the rest of the game.

He's somewhat better than this.

As I HUGE Tide Fan, I do know a bit about McCarron and the team.....

This particular team is of course good, but nowhere near as good as 2012. Not even close. If they didn't have the greatest coaching staff on the planet their record would have been far worse.

The 2012 Tide had the best offensive line ever assembled imo. I wondered why they played Kouandjio at LT when I viewed him as the 4th best blocker on that line. Last night what I suspected became clear.....Saban knew that he would need him at LT this season. Not even Coach Saban could replace the likes of Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, and DJ Fluker, who might wind up as a literal top 5 RT in football history.

Additionally, the Tide lost a ton of defensive stars over the last couple of years. One after the other.

My point? McCarron had a cakewalk last season, but NOT this year. He is a good young quarterback. He is smart, very coachable and tough. His life sure does look great now but he came up very poor and is a fighter. I would like to see him, or for that matter Murray on the Bills. I am no expert but I imagine their chances of success are fairly similar to those of Manuel.

He's somewhat better than this.

As I HUGE Tide Fan, I do know a bit about McCarron and the team.....

This particular team is of course good, but nowhere near as good as 2012. Not even close. If they didn't have the greatest coaching staff on the planet their record would have been far worse.

The 2012 Tide had the best offensive line ever assembled imo. I wondered why they played Kouandjio at LT when I viewed him as the 4th best blocker on that line. Last night what I suspected became clear.....Saban knew that he would need him at LT this season. Not even Coach Saban could replace the likes of Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, and DJ Fluker, who might wind up as a literal top 5 RT in football history.

Additionally, the Tide lost a ton of defensive stars over the last couple of years. One after the other.

My point? McCarron had a cakewalk last season, but NOT this year. He is a good young quarterback. He is smart, very coachable and tough. His life sure does look great now but he came up very poor and is a fighter. I would like to see him, or for that matter Murray on the Bills. I am no expert but I imagine their chances of success are fairly similar to those of Manuel.

But doesn't that bring up the broader point that McCarron has played his whole career on a talent-stocked team second to none in college football and his performance should be judged with that in mind? Even with their losses YOY they seem to restock every season with top recruiting classes. I hate Saban, so was glad to see them lose. McCarron doesn't strike me as anything particularly special (didn't watch much of last night's game, but did see his second (awful) pick) and neither did McElroy....

When you lose your shot at a 3-peat on a pretty random play it has to take a lot of the players, not judging any Bama player on tonights game.

I agree here. It takes a team a long time, whomever they are, to overcome a stunning "turn of event" type of play.

Regarding McCarron, I would have him as a Bill any day and hope that the Bills select him in Round 3 or later. I feel he has a bright future in the NFL