Kyle Williams: "There will be changes here"

26CornerBlitz

How do they magically overcome it? What influences help the to mature?

Explain, please, in great detail, how early human development works, as it relates to full grown men in NFL locker rooms.

You're correct, every player that isn't an angel turns into Aaron Hernandez and Travis Henry. Some people change and others don't, MD is an elite talent and should be given the benefit of the doubt.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they magically overcome it? What influences help the to mature?

Explain, please, in great detail, how early human development works, as it relates to full grown men in NFL locker rooms.

Also explain why teams that win championships avoid these types of players, but that they are wrong to do so.

Thats why teams like the pats avoid players like Aqib Talib, correct?

Any statement about Fred Jackson getting cut is utterly retarded. People need to think before they write ignorant statements.

Regardless of his age, he is the heart and soul of the Bills, a leader on and off the field, and had nearly 1300 total yards, averaged 4.3 yards per carry, and had double digit TD's splitting time with another running back and running behind a pathetic line at times.

If you saw the TD run vs. the Patriots on Sunday it's obvious he hasn't lost his moves.

It doesn't make sense to cut a player like that. If it makes sense to you, than THANK THE LORD you don't run the team!!!!

Edited by dezertbill

Kyle Williams isn't good?

I wish more people who knew anything at all about football posted here.

Kyle Williams is in the Pro-Bowl because his peers put him there. The guys he dominates.

believe whatever you want. Your the self proclaimed "smartest man in the room"

There are countless players that were/are D-Bags that have won. Winning teams have HC that can motivate elite talent, even if that talent comes with negatives. HC like Marrone draw a line in the sand and have a "my way or the highway" mentality. That may work in syracuse, seems like a recipe for disaster in the nfl.

Jimmy Johnson said it right when he cut a bum LB for sleeping or being late to a meeting, but if troy aikman fell asleep hed nudge him and tell him to wake up.

This isnt HS. Benching Dareus DOES NOT help the team on Sunday. Ezpecially if its over something silly.

There are countless players that were/are D-Bags that have won. Winning teams have HC that can motivate elite talent, even if that talent comes with negatives. HC like Marrone draw a line in the sand and have a "my way or the highway" mentality. That may work in syracuse, seems like a recipe for disaster in the nfl.

Jimmy Johnson said it right when he cut a bum LB for sleeping or being late to a meeting, but if troy aikman fell asleep hed nudge him and tell him to wake up.

This isnt HS. Benching Dareus DOES NOT help the team on Sunday. Ezpecially if its over something silly.

this.

Even though I feel about as good about Dareus as I do about Kyle Williams. Pretty darn good as rushing the passer but I don't care what kind of defense your in, a DT is there to take up blockers and stuff the run first and foremost. The sacks come as a plus to the run stop. If you can't stop the run, you have no business being called a Pro Bowler at the DT position.

this.

Even though I feel about as good about Dareus as I do about Kyle Williams. Pretty darn good as rushing the passer but I don't care what kind of defense your in, a DT is there to take up blockers and stuff the run first and foremost. The sacks come as a plus to the run stop. If you can't stop the run, you have no business being called a Pro Bowler at the DT position.

KW and DT both like to get up field which may be the issue against the run. Nix from Notre Dame might be the move in the 1st and then rotate MD and KW at the other DT spot and DE on occasion.

KW and DT both like to get up field which may be the issue against the run. Nix from Notre Dame might be the move in the 1st and then rotate MD and KW at the other DT spot and DE on occasion.

Good post. However, I think the biggest problem we have against the run is a LB corps that is extremely subpar. We have a rookie LB and two other LB that should be nothing more than special teams. They are unable to fill the gaps and a 3-4 yard run easily turns into a 10-15 yd run.

Good post. However, I think the biggest problem we have against the run is a LB corps that is extremely subpar. We have a rookie LB and two other LB that should be nothing more than special teams. They are unable to fill the gaps and a 3-4 yard run easily turns into a 10-15 yd run.

I love Kiko and like Hughes and Lawson, the combination may not work since there is no true run stuffer and instead there is 3 combo guys.

Edited by NDBUFFCUSEFAN

I don't doubt the Bills would improve vs the run by getting a player like Nix, but I seriously doubt they go that way...Just too much invested in the D-Line already...They are going to have to figure out a way to make it work with what they have now, and hopefully add an ILB who can plug the middle and chase sideline to sideline so Kiko can swing to the weak side... B-)

I believe this statement from KW is a captain that sees things in the locker room that we don't. I also see it as he believes in Marrone and will count on Marrone to change whatever players need to be changed.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dareus was part of that discussion, although not sure what you can do with him. You can't cut him and I don't think his trade value is where you want a 3rd overall pick to be.

I also believe that Stevie Johnson is part of that discussion. Call me crazy, but I sense some vets in the lockerroom are tired of some of the comments he has made about his lackluster play on the field.

Should be interesting.

oy vey

I will play this with you. Ok he is not good at his position. You have to admit he is talented. His sack total and abilities cannot be denied. Ok so he is not a NT for sure and not really a DT. But he is something and in his 8th year he is still someone we could build around. A solid contributor and good performer we can find a place for him on the field with the best 11 defenders on our team. Maybe that means we get a big face eating mauling monster NT to put in the mix and make room else where for Kyle. But after today I know I am not optimistic on seeing more Corbin Bryant or Stefan Charles.

Yeah Charles sucked today with the sack and the forced fumble we couldnt get to in his 1st NFL season

He plays good.

Has issues.

His salary is accommodating.

No doubt the run defense improved when Dareus stepped into the lineup. We are already eliminated from playoffs, so why not bench him as punishment? Coach is appealing to his pride. Not a bad attempt to fix the problem right now.

No doubt the run defense improved when Dareus stepped into the lineup. We are already eliminated from playoffs, so why not bench him as punishment? Coach is appealing to his pride. Not a bad attempt to fix the problem right now.

Exactly, I acted a fool in HS and got benched (obviously worlds apart haha), it was a big wake up call for me and I hope Dareus has a similar reaction.