1st half thread Bills at Cheatriots

BuffaloBill

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the problem was our DLine getting manhandled every week, I would be screaming for a big NT as well.

But the real problem is that our defensive players are undisciplined and unfocused... Overrunning plays, hitting the wrong gaps, missing tackles, etc.

no that's not it. They're getting their asses handed to them today. They're playing soft as usual against the pats!

The pats are so ahead of us its embarrassing

And the beat goes on...

Nothing has changed here...This game, IMHO, is an opportunity for the Bills to show they have taken steps in a positive direction under Marrone...No one is expecting them to win...But playing the Patsies tough on the road would mean something...Instead we're a half away from being right where we have been forever...And that's no where near the Pats level... B-)

no that's not it. They're getting their asses handed to them today. They're playing soft as usual against the pats!

This week, I would agree. The whole front 7 looks like garbage.

However, the recurring problem with our run defense Weeks 1-17 has been discipline.

And the beat goes on...

Nothing has changed here...This game, IMHO, is an opportunity for the Bills to show they have taken steps in a positive direction under Marrone...No one is expecting them to win...But playing the Patsies tough on the road would mean something...Instead we're a half away from being right where we have been forever...And that's no where near the Pats level... B-)

The Patriots are a criminally overrated team. If I could trust our team to play decent on the road, I would fully expect them to walk away from New England with a win.

If the problem was our DLine getting manhandled every week, I would be screaming for a big NT as well.

But the real problem is that our defensive players are undisciplined and unfocused... Overrunning plays, hitting the wrong gaps, missing tackles, etc.

Not so much - I see defenders on the line where they need to be, but they are not strong enough. They are getting pushed to one side and the other creating huge holes to allow Blount to get a head of steam. He is hitting the secondary running downhill.

A big 2-gapper does not get moved and forces the ball carrier to stop and try to bounce it outside and it is easier to take running backs down in that situation - just look at Spiller.

This is one of the reasons I can't excited about this team's future. The Buffalo Bills just don't have the mental makeup to compete.

They put together an excellent game at home against Miami - at times even looking dominant.

Then they go on the road, and all I see is undisciplined play - missed tackles, defenders going to the wrong gaps, dropped passes, fumbles, etc.

NE is NOT MIami. Did you really expect this team to go into New England and beat a team that is playing for a 1st round bye and home field advantage? New England is just a better team. There was no way the Bills were ever going to win this game. 6-10 again and really no indication of progress for this team this year. Hopefully next year will be better.

NE is NOT MIami. Did you really expect this team to go into New England and beat a team that is playing for a 1st round bye and home field advantage? New England is just a better team. There was no way the Bills were ever going to win this game. 6-10 again and really no indication of progress for this team this year. Hopefully next year will be better.

I don't think anybody would have a problem if it was Brady who was doing the damage because he's the big difference between the two teams. The problem is the Bills are getting abused by another pedestrian running team.