Which team do you want to win the Super Bowl, now that our bills are o

major

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order:

Packers - my aunt was a huge packers fan and passed away this year. This would mean the most to me.

Broncos - if manning gets a second I think he passes Brady in the GOAT conversation. I would like that.

Panthers - wouldn't it be great if the Bills had a w over the sb champs. Also all the Cam haters could eat crow.

Saints - gotta keep the streak of losing to the NFC representative alive!

Bengals - Great Lakes, owner who puts money over winning, kinship with them.

NFC. Cardinals. Always been a closet Cardinals fan. So them.

AFC. Chargers. Just love the intensity of Phillip Rivers game

Panthers. Big fan of that defensive unit, and their head coach.

Team I'd least like to see: Seattle. Reason: Pete Carrol

Mostly I route that whoever gets into the playoffs give us some entertaining competitive games. And...we are all lucky to have seen Peyton and Tom Brady. Love em or hate em they will go down as historical greats, and we got to see it live.

1) Seahawks - I was stationed in Seattle for 5 years, was at the playoff game for the Romo fumbled snap and loved seeing them beat the Cowboys

2) Broncos - Manning is just too damn likeable to pull against. And I have a soft spot for the Broncos because they got the AFC off the SB snide back in the day

3) Bengals - My regional team and lots of friends and acquaintances are fans

In order:

Packers - my aunt was a huge packers fan and passed away this year. This would mean the most to me.

Broncos - if manning gets a second I think he passes Brady in the GOAT conversation. I would like that.

Panthers - wouldn't it be great if the Bills had a w over the sb champs. Also all the Cam haters could eat crow.

Saints - gotta keep the streak of losing to the NFC representative alive!

Bengals - Great Lakes, owner who puts money over winning, kinship with them.

??

I can't believe most of you are just listing one or a few teams. Don't you know there is an established science to this?

It goes something like this, from strongest opposition to weakest opposition.

1. Division rivals are the worst. New England, Miami, and the NJ Jets are absolutely, positively NOT allowed to win.

2. Next comes teams that close friends, family, or coworkers are fans of. Why? Because I'm a miserable son of a B word, that's why. So for me, that means Chicago, Green Bay, and Miami (again) are ruled out.

3. Next comes teams that have beaten the Bills in the SB, so that rules out Dallas, Washington, and the NJ Giants. However, this is fading a bit with time. I still hate Dallas with a passion, but the Giants get a pass because of the fact that they bitchslapped New England twice.

4. And finally, the teams that have not yet won a SB because, as someone else pointed out, I don't want to see the Bills be the last team to have never won a SB. So that removes a whole slew of others. It includes Cincinnati, Cleveland, San Diego, Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville, Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Arizona. However, as mentioned, this is the group I oppose the least, and it wouldn't be that terrible if one of them won it. Of course, if the Bills ever do win a SB, this group is immediately absolved, and my life can return to normal.

So who does that leave, really?

Basically, it's any team that has already won a Super Bowl who isn't one of those teams mentioned above, which means: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa, San Francisco, or St. Louis. Not a big list, but again, I'm not categorically opposed to any of the teams in #4 above.

So...yeah. There you go. This is the mental illness I deal with on an annual basis.

But it would be funny to see them go and get toasted again!:-)

I have a close friend who is a die-hard Patsies fan...He's always been kind of a douche about it too...Each year we gather for the SB, and watching him squirm and cry during, and after, those 2 losses was absolutely the best...We had so much fun at his expense my jaw was sore from laughing on Monday...While I don't want to see the Patsies go to the SB, thinking about watching my friend suffer another loss almost makes it worthwhile for me to pull for the Pats...But I don't want to chance it...Because if they win I'm in for a terrible year from that idiot... ;)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I'm surprised that so many people want the Seahawks to win. I can't stand their arrogance.

Neither can I. I do like Russel though. Most people bandwagon to the team they think will win. Its human nature. I'm not human though ! LOL !