With the exception of Gilmore the rest of the defense was Awesome!

littlelouie

With the exception of Gilmore the defense played their best game of the year. The pressure on Tannehill was relentless. They held the Dolphins to 103 yards total offense. And if it wasn't for Gilmore getting smoked by Hartline the Dolphins would have only had 50 yards total offense. That's incredible. It's hard to hold any NFL offense down that low. Petine has turned this defense around they're a lot better than last year. McLovin is having a great year and Roby seems to make a lot of plays. :thumbsup:

Cornerback is arguably the hardest position for us as fans to judge. He could keep his man shutdown like he did all game yesterday but when he allows one big play like the one to Hartline everyone is up in arms saying he's a bust or he wasn't worth the pick. Give me a break, his game is going to skyrocket next year.

McKelvin got burned also, but their QB failed to deliver the ball accurately.

McKelvin should also be let go and burned at the stake, or something.

Just don't re-sign his azz. That'll teach him that we won't put up with his nonsense any longer.

[/s]

Cornerback is arguably the hardest position for us as fans to judge. He could keep his man shutdown like he did all game yesterday but when he allows one big play like the one to Hartline everyone is up in arms saying he's a bust or he wasn't worth the pick. Give me a break, his game is going to skyrocket next year.

Exactly. Unless you're at the game (or watching all-22 afterward) and focusing on one man, like the poster above, the only times you will notice a corner is when there's a big play (either favorable or unfavorable).

OMG !!!! :bag:

Did he allow a score? Was he burned repeatedly?

nuf said

He got beat badly twice but lucked out on one that was dropped which may have went for a score

It was all about the pressure yesterday and the Dolphins stupidity for not running more

Edited by Max997

He got beat badly twice but lucked out on one that was dropped which may have went for a score

It was all about the pressure yesterday and the Dolphins stupidity for not running more

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it was McKelvin on that dropped pass. I only saw Gilmore get "burned" once yesterday.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it was McKelvin on that dropped pass. I only saw Gilmore get "burned" once yesterday.

McKelvin got beat and lucked out on a drop as well . Gilmore got beat earlier in the game in exactly the same way as he did later by Hartline who dropped what prob would have been a TD

Edited by Max997

McKelvin got beat and lucked out on a drop as well . Gilmore got beat earlier in the game in exactly the same way as he did later by Hartline who dropped what prob would have been a TD

Hmmm. I didn't see it, but maybe you're right. I could have been taking a sip of my beer and missed that one...haha. I still feel very fortunate to have Gilmore though. Looking at his body of work.

With the exception of Gilmore the defense played their best game of the year. The pressure on Tannehill was relentless. They held the Dolphins to 103 yards total offense. And if it wasn't for Gilmore getting smoked by Hartline the Dolphins would have only had 50 yards total offense. That's incredible. It's hard to hold any NFL offense down that low. Petine has turned this defense around they're a lot better than last year. McLovin is having a great year and Roby seems to make a lot of plays. :thumbsup:

Gilmore had a great day too. Every CB gets beat. He had his man in check for the most part. And he gave up no TD’s either. Even on the long pass he gave up he caught Hartline and prevented a TD. I remember after the KC game people saying Gilmore was a bust and the guy gave up, what, 65 yards and no TD's? LoL.

Newsflash: outside of Deion Sanders every CB will give up multiple catches a game. Sometimes, a long pass too. Doesn’t mean they aren’t good players. The other team gets paid too. Now Justin Rogers was a problem. Gilmore, not so much. Just stop.

Edited by purple haze