Why is Graham used more than Goodwin?

Jerry Jabber

The Bills are not effectively using Goodwin, as they continue to throw an occasional deep pass to him every game. In the last Jets game (where SJ & Woods were out), Goodwin had his best receiving game of the year (and IMO, the Bills had one of the best offensive outputs of the season), as he was catching passes all over the field. So far, Graham has proven to be very inconsistent as he has dropped numerous passes, and does not get the same consistent separation as Goodwin does. At this point, I would rather see Woods and Goodwin as the Bills top 2 WR's. I feel Manuel has more chemistry throwing to those 2 than he does with SJ and Graham.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham gets open and has a good blocking game. He had several key blocks yesterday. This board just likes to hate on him

what good is getting open if you have stone hands? and goodwin is a very good blocker (see the block on Spiller run yesterday where spiller got flagged for facemask as evidence)

The Bills are not effectively using Goodwin, as they continue to throw an occasional deep pass to him every game. In the last Jets game (where SJ & Woods were out), Goodwin had his best receiving game of the year (and IMO, the Bills had one of the best offensive outputs of the season), as he was catching passes all over the field. So far, Graham has proven to be very inconsistent as he has dropped numerous passes, and does not get the same consistent separation as Goodwin does. At this point, I would rather see Woods and Goodwin as the Bills top 2 WR's. I feel Manuel has more chemistry throwing to those 2 than he does with SJ and Graham.

I've assumed it was because TJ is currently better than Goodwin at reading a defense and adjusting to what they’re showing.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

what good is getting open if you have stone hands? and goodwin is a very good blocker (see the block on Spiller run yesterday where spiller got flagged for facemask as evidence)

that facemask was bs. They hardly call it on offensive players but did there.

I Have pure speculation that graham is a good practice player and Goodwin is a game day player. Graham shows effort, see below and that is something very important. Effort alone can get you in to college but not the NFL. I still have good hope for Graham. Ibdont dislike Goodwin at all eithrt

I don't care as much about TJ's blocking. He's a wide receiver who hasn't had a catch in 3 games. That's awful. I realize he doesn't have Peyton throwing him the ball but obviously he's not a productive NFL receiver. He's like a 5th stringer out there.

I dont disagree with you much.....but I have to here....Graham is a LOUSY blocker....Goodwin gives much more effort in that department

Graham has effort and heart. Hardly a play occurs where you will not see him near or at the ball. He has a problem, though. When he fails its big time oops. He whiffs at critical times on blocks and other times just consistent as can be.

Plus like 3-10 said. Graham is a smart player. He just lacks some skills that are coach able. Don't give up on hjn yet. I see Hos potential

Never confuse effort with results.

that's a good bumper sticker but doesn't apply in this case. Ej is not throwing graham the ball when he is open. He does not throw it to woods or chandler when they are open either. He won't throw outside the hash

Graham gets open and has a good blocking game. He had several key blocks yesterday. This board just likes to hate on him

It's not just this board. Everyone thinks Graham sucks.

TJ has definitely improved his route running this year, and he's been noticeable in blocking as mentioned. When he can get off the line, he does get open more than his catches suggest. But, the guy has awful hands, really struggles tracking the ball and lacks an NFL body to consistently break jams. He's like DHB without the size. TJ seems like a great guy and all, but he just can't play.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix