Regarding Robey...

Rubes

I know he's had some struggles this year, but how do you not just love this guy? In my mind, he's one of the bright spots on the team this year.

For a rookie, and a small one at that, playing one of the most difficult positions for a rookie--he's shown to me that the game is not too big for him. He's given up a few TDs, yes, but he's also making some big plays. Yesterday, he had 6 combined tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery. Not bad for a guy who plays nickel corner at 5'7" and, maybe, 165 lbs.

Love seeing this guy out on the field. Hopefully the experience makes him even better next year.

I'll say this, Robey must be from Florida b/c he had one helluva large group of fans at the Tampa game. All these folks entering with me were wearing T-shirts with his picture on it and some wearing his USC jersey. Pretty cool. He's been great although it sucked when he got turned around on the one long TD pass from Glennon to Jackson. Not his best moment.

I'll say this, Robey must be from Florida b/c he had one helluva large group of fans at the Tampa game. All these folks entering with me were wearing T-shirts with his picture on it and some wearing his USC jersey. Pretty cool. He's been great although it sucked when he got turned around on the one long TD pass from Glennon to Jackson. Not his best moment.

Glennon got outta the pocket, giving him extra time and threw a jump ball to 6'4" VJax being covered by a 5'8" Robey. His cards were stacked against him, almost surely gonna lose that battle.

I think Robey has been tremendous this year. Definitely a bright spot.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

This ^

Robey is a baller. I think they call him Lil Big Man. He has been making plays all year. His positives out weigh his negatives. His stat line was awesome Sunday. Wish he was 3 inches taller but he uses his body well for his size.

This draft class -free agent class has produced this year. E.J., Goodwin, Robey, Summers, Woods, Kiko, Hughes .

That lots of production from those guys. They draft , find free agents this spring like they did this year we gonna be good next year, possible playoffs if it all jells together and we get lucky for once.

He is from Florida. Considering he was a UDFA, I also give props to the scouting dept for scouting/signing him. He is someone who works in certain packages with Pettine, as long as he doesn't get caught in bad matchups (like Vincent Jackson, Roddie White) he is a great asset. That will be on the def coaching staff to ensure that he is utilized properly. They have done that well many times with him. If you haven't seen - this is a great article on him:

http://www.buffalobi...08-5e3209bc9d5f

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I know he's had some struggles this year, but how do you not just love this guy? In my mind, he's one of the bright spots on the team this year.

For a rookie, and a small one at that, playing one of the most difficult positions for a rookie--he's shown to me that the game is not too big for him. He's given up a few TDs, yes, but he's also making some big plays. Yesterday, he had 6 combined tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery. Not bad for a guy who plays nickel corner at 5'7" and, maybe, 165 lbs.

Love seeing this guy out on the field. Hopefully the experience makes him even better next year.

i billieve that at least 150 of that is heart!

Glennon got outta the pocket, giving him extra time and threw a jump ball to 6'4" VJax being covered by a 5'8" Robey. His cards were stacked against him, almost surely gonna lose that battle.

I think Robey has been tremendous this year. Definitely a bright spot.

He got burned on a similar play against New Orleans too. If I recall, in both instances, there was major pressure, and the QB's escaped it.

If we have to live with QB's escaping huge blitzes, buying an extra 5 seconds, and then throwing up 40-yard jump balls in Robey's direction, that's a small price to pay for his otherwise stellar rookie season.

I really like Robey too. I actually think his size is an advantage in that he's more in the mold of today's classic slot receivers (small, shifty guys like Welker, Amendola, etc.). Sometimes it takes a quick little guy to cover a quick little guy.

I have been pleasantly surprised with our secondary this year. We all knew Byrd was a stud, but A. Williams has proven his worth at safety, McKelvin is a totally different player and Gilmore, despite struggles, seems to be headed back in the right direction. Robey, however, must be the most pleasant surprise of them all. He outplays his size, great in coverage, big hitter... What a UDFA signing!

He should be a very good nickel corner going forward for the Bills. If they had him last year, they might have had a chance against Welker.

He is a very good ' football player ' too !

I loved the kid since St John Fisher. A keeper.

Go Robey !