Anyone want to discuss the Jags?

YoloinOhio

If the Bills have another awful game, then I think it's seriously time to question Marrone. Because there is not a single reason to be positive about him if he proves to not be able to motivate and properly prepare the team.

Quite a few people are already questioning Marrones viability as a HC at the NFL level. Because quite frankly he really hasn't shown anything to prove otherwise thus far. However if you are seriously thinking he will or should be fired after one season my advice would be to put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard because that simply does not happen. ;)

ESPN analysts are 12-1 in favor of the Jags.

CBS with spread (Jax + 2.5) all 8 take the Jags.

CBS without spread all 8 still take the Jags.

Why does vegas feel the need to entice betting on the Jags in this one by giving them the points??????

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacksonville started slow but are 4-1 in the last 5 games. They like, Tampa Bay, are winning by playing tough run defense and rushing the QB. 6 weeks ago these looked like easy wins but the tables are turned. Bills will lose in Jacksonville. I will be watching anyway. Snowing all weekend here in Indy.

Jacksonville started slow but are 4-1 in the last 5 games. They like, Tampa Bay, are winning by playing tough run defense and rushing the QB. 6 weeks ago these looked like easy wins but the tables are turned. Bills will lose in Jacksonville. I will be watching anyway. Snowing all weekend here in Indy.

I'm not saying the Bills will win by any means. But I'm sorry, Jax is not a good NFL team. Their 4 wins are against TN, Cleveland, and Houston 2x. They play worse at home than on the road. But again, not saying the Bills will win.

I don't like the Bucs comparisons. The Bucs were talented underachievers. I don't think the Jags have anywhere near the talent level that the Bucs have. The Bucs have stars on offense and defense and some thought they were a playoff team heading into the year. The Jags have Jones Drew. Shorts is decent but I think they're both injured. Their wins aren't that impressive either though there isn't much that I wouldn't give to be able to beat other garbage teams like they have.

I do believe the Bills will win this week. I'm looking for a good bounce back game from EJ so he can attempt to silence the naysayers for a week. I'm realistic though. I know that even if he does have a good game, TBD will still be bombarded with the "he only did well because they played Jacksonville" or "where was it when we were still playing for something" posts. In any event...

GO BILLS!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

... if you are seriously thinking he will or should be fired after one season my advice would be to put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard because that simply does not happen. ;)

The Seahawks fired Jim Mora Jr after the 2009 season and hired Pete Carrol. 2009 was Jim's 1st and only season as Seahawks HC.

1983 Bud Grant retired as HC of the Minnesota Vikings. Les Steckel coached the team in 1984 to a 3-13 record at which point he was fired. Bud Grant came out of retirement in 1985.

Sometimes it happens.

Edited by reddogblitz

However if you are seriously thinking he will or should be fired after one season my advice would be to put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard because that simply does not happen. ;)

No, I don't think they'll seriously fire Marrone this offseason. There's not nearly enough negativity around to cause that yet.

But, I do think losing to the Jags would be embarrassing to the point where immediate change may happen. It's not a coincidence that Marrone's been babbling about accountability and PR Man Chris Brown is *hint hint* Stevie will be gone. The scapegoats are being lined up.

If Marrone has a shaky start to next year, I think he's next on the hot seat. Or he may have to sacrifice his buddy, Nathaniel. People aren't ready to give up on EJ yet, and this team is talented enough to where people know they're not terrible.

No, I don't think they'll seriously fire Marrone this offseason. There's not nearly enough negativity around to cause that yet.

But, I do think losing to the Jags would be embarrassing to the point where immediate change may happen. It's not a coincidence that Marrone's been babbling about accountability and PR Man Chris Brown is *hint hint* Stevie will be gone. The scapegoats are being lined up.

If Marrone has a shaky start to next year, I think he's next on the hot seat. Or he may have to sacrifice his buddy, Nathaniel. People aren't ready to give up on EJ yet, and this team is talented enough to where people know they're not terrible.

That is not why they won't fire him. It is because contracts are more than for one year. Unless he does something like conduct detrimental to the team or more aggregious, they would need to pay him the rest of the contract. Coaches do get fired before their contract is up, but it is not a wise move, financially or otherwise, by any means after year 1 unless something has severely gone wrong. W-L record won't do that in year one.