EJ Manuel IS our franchise QB

HSerotte

If The NFL is the big show, the ultimate in the field of football, why should we as fans be willing to wait years for the players there to develop and mature?

Would you be willing to let your United Pilot be a rookie and learn how to fly on your flight from Buffalo to LA?

Would you let your Brain Surgeon operate on your brain tumor when he was as clueless and did his job as poorly as EJ has?

Would you let your oral surgeon learn how to pull a tooth by pulling your wisdom teeth?

Would you want to visit NYC and find out your cab driver just arrived in NYC for the first time two weeks ago, and just got his learners permit?

We rightly all expect and demand minimum experience and competency from those that we pay full price to provide us with professional services.

The NFL is the big league. We as fans pay big bucks to see professionals play professional football.

Enough is enough, if the player isn’t ready for prime time, then he shouldn’t be on the field as a starter.

EJ has done little to earn a place as a starter, and certainly has done nothing to show he has any potential to be a Franchise QB. Just sucking the least of those currently on the roster, when they all suck, does not make him a decent QB.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, plus EJ needs a good QB coach to teach him the mechanics and how to read a defense

The player either can retain the mechanics he's been taught or not. Right now, E.J. has poor mechanics, and that's not easily correctable when the game is being played. And as for reading a defense, a coach can teach all they want. If the guy panics at the first sight of a rush and isolates on one receiver, then he's not going to succeed.

Spiller has the potential to be one of the top weapons in the NFL, and Lynch is a complete idiot. And you can play 2 rbs together.

You're talking about potential after the guy's played almost 4 complete seasons? When does he reach that? And should we wait around for a QB to develop 2-3 years before declaring he can't get it done? After all, isn't that what Nix did with Fitzpatrick and it put the Bills in a position to draft a QB in a year when it doesn't appear many good ones were available?

I'll bet you $100 if you can find anything before the draft about me wanting to draft Spiller. I want Bryan Bulaga. And I'm very happy to admit I'm wrong because Bulaga is very average, Spiller has the potential to be one of the top weapons in the NFL, and Lynch is a complete idiot. And you can play 2 rbs together.

You don't give up on a QB after one year. We might have a top 5 pick. How is that improving the team if we use that valuable resource on another QB? What if the new guy struggles, like most rookies? We spend another 1st round pick on a QB? You give EJ another year and if it's clear he's not the answer, draft a guy the following draft. But if your coaching staff flip flops on a QB they picked in the 1st round after a year, then that's not coaching staff you want.

I didn't say you posting anything before the draft. What I meant was that once the pick was in you were in favor. You neglected to answer the question. Why is it that you can get behind drafting a first round RB when RB was the most stacked position on a very weak team yet you are dead set against competition at the most important position on the football field?

from the limited amount of clips i've seen of Seminole EJ, he seemed to be comfortable running when he was uncomfortable passing.

after two injuries sustained in his short Bill career, i'm guessing he's been coached up to shut that down as much as possible. it's probably the second most preached sermon in practice after ball security. so now, when the rookie QB's not confident throwing to a covered receiver, and battles his instincts to run, what's left?

Freddie on the circle route.

every week we see NFL QBs chucking the ball 40-50 yards downfield to covered receivers - confident they'll make the play. remember those sideline passes EJ throws to the ballboys? he's more concerned with ball security than making a play. if he isn't by now, he never will be a consistently accurate passer - but he can throw. so next year get him some 'go to' guys that make these other QBs look so wonderful each weekend.

in the mean time, limit the number of 'live' receivers to throw to on a given play. this will limit his pre-snap reads and the adjustments needed immediately after. and encourage him to follow his instincts when he's not comfortable with how the plays developing. the kid's a playmaker that could become a winning NFL QB. right now, i think he's just wound too tight

EJ will be alright. Like some people have said he missed some of camp and even during camp he was sharing reps with Kolb.

Then he got hurt so more reps missed. then his WR's started to get hurt.

It's clear he is gonna need some more time. but we have seen some good flashes. We know he is tough, already coming back from 2 knee injuries. We know he is calm under pressure , leading us back against Carolina and should have had another vs ATL.

Just about everything else will come with time. He will get his first pro offseason and that will help him more than people think. Then next year in camp he will be the guy no matter what happens during these next 3 games so he will get most of the reps.

We have to be cool Bills fans because its a learning curve he is going though right now. Maybe Hatchet is hurting his progess a bit with some shady playcalling. The line could be better. He needs a go to WR in the clutch as well. ( A Bolden type, a big beast WR ).

This is gonna take time and I think we all knew this coming in.

Keep drafting QB's.... Manual might be the man.... but keep stacking talent until he proves it.

If he proves it, trade the others away.

If he fails.... We have the next man up on the roster. Enough is Enough already.

and we dont address other, critical areas on the team while we are drafting these other QBs? unless your suggesting drafting another QB in like the fourth round, then sure, im all for that....

im not all for drafting another QB high, forcefully, if there isnt a guy worth drafting high (like in this upcoming draft)

The player either can retain the mechanics he's been taught or not. Right now, E.J. has poor mechanics, and that's not easily correctable when the game is being played. And as for reading a defense, a coach can teach all they want. If the guy panics at the first sight of a rush and isolates on one receiver, then he's not going to succeed.

You're talking about potential after the guy's played almost 4 complete seasons? When does he reach that? And should we wait around for a QB to develop 2-3 years before declaring he can't get it done? After all, isn't that what Nix did with Fitzpatrick and it put the Bills in a position to draft a QB in a year when it doesn't appear many good ones were available?

A lot of folks would argue that a running back who goes over 1,200 yards while averaging 6 ypc and over 10 yards a catch has reached his potential. He had a bad injury, yet he had some monster games. He put up over 100 on a top 3 defense in Carolina. CJ Spiller is a very good weapon who has been slowed by injury and the scheme at times. We have not found enough ways to get him involved in the passing game. That has been my major criticism with Hackett.

It would be nice to have certainty one way or the other, but right now, I don't see how anyone can claim to have certainty. Unfortunately it's kind of a worst case scenario, but what you would expect out of a rookie QB. EJ has shown some flashes at times and has been flat out horrible at others. So, it's a wait and see and hope situation.

Not so sure EJ is the guy. Even in the wins, he doesn't really impress me. Maybe year 2 we see something. The team is mailing it in around him, so this year is effectively over.

Yeah, leading a comeback and nearly throwing for 300 yards against a 9-4 team that has a top 3 defense isn't impressive. Neither is leaving the field with a lead against Tom Brady in your first NFL start. And that game where he was throwing bombs all over the Jets in 40 mph winds without his top 2 wrs sucked as well.

He was flat out awful against TB. No one is disputing that. But there have been plenty of positives to go with the negatives. He's a rookie learning the hardest position in sports.

Which other critical position is there which affects a game's outcome as much as your QB? If you don't have one, you have nothing.

I agree this is very true, however, we dont know if we have our QB or not - if you think we do or we dont, your wrong, we dont know anything after 10 games, and wont know until next year

drafting another QB if theres value in the 3rd or 4th round then sure, take a shot at another QB, but not at the expense of upgrading other positions on the team that drastically need it (all of the o-line, WR, TE, LB)

drafting another QB if theres value in the 3rd or 4th round then sure, take a shot at another QB, but not at the expense of upgrading other positions on the team that drastically need it (all of the o-line, WR, TE, LB)

This was the line sold by Buddy & Co, and what caused Bills to elect not to draft Dalton, Kaepernick & Wilson.

This was the line sold by Buddy & Co, and what caused Bills to elect not to draft Dalton, Kaepernick & Wilson.

Buddy and Co never had a guy they drafted that has only played 10 games in the NFL (after missing an entire preseason) and believe has Franchise QB ability, so your argument is moot