How about Josh McCown?

bufffan031

Please explain why. What has Cousins ever done to prove he is a starting NFL QB? Be a 4th round draft pick? But hey anyone is better than EJ obviously.

We're going to see over the next few weeks, as he will likely be starting for the 'Skins for their last three games. It seems likely he will be available, he played well in his few games last season. I said "intrigued" btw. Not, "lets bench EJ for him."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh McCown is 34 years old. Not exactly a long-term solution. I would be more intrigued with Kirk Cousins.

That's the purpose of the team getting a veteran backup. They don't want him to be a long-term option over EJ. No threat to our EJ.

I think McCown may have played himself out of that spot with his play this year, though.

His numbers are very similar to SJ and he had a better QB throwing him the ball.

i think id take nicks over stevie easily when healthy, but i wouldnt be upset with anyone for disagreeing due to the health issues.

nicks worst YPC 13.1, career YPC 15

nicks best 2 seasons (28 games) 2350 yards, 18 tds

stevies best YPC 13.2 career YPC 12.8

stevies best 2 seasons (not consecutive, 32 games) -- 2100 yards 16 tds

nicks has more upside, but his health would certainly be a risk. that said, long term i dont know about stevies health either.

Look at the trade record of free agent wrs. IT's pretty terrible. The Giants were phasing Nicks out anyways. He lost a step and he struggles with injuries. not worth the money IMO.

I agree that the Giants are phasing him out, which is why he's even available in the first place. It's a classic risk/reward scenario. He's only 25 years old and has the size and playmaking ability the Bills need. However, he's been a injury mess the last couple years.

I guess you have to qualify every statement here, but I thought it went without saying that I wouldn't want to Bills to sign him for ludicrous money or extremely long term. Nor do I expect Calving Johnson to come walking though that door.

His numbers are very similar to SJ and he had a better QB throwing him the ball.

haha…really? You're comparing Hakeem Nicks to Stevie Johnson?

First, they are completely different types of receivers.

Second, it's not like you can only have one. We have Stevie locked up so you can have both.

Second, it's not like you can only have one. We have Stevie locked up so you can have both.

It is JMO, but the odds of the Bills paying SJ 6 million dollars or more next season are slim to none. Their track record shows that they are less concerned about cap space than actual spending.

They let their best offensive lineman walk and replaced him with Brown/Legursky. Levitre was a better guard than SJ is a receiver. This, while they were bringing in a rookie QB!!!

Yeah, from where I sit the odds of SJ being on the Bills in 2014 are virtually non-existent.

It is JMO, but the odds of the Bills paying SJ 6 million dollars or more next season are slim to none. Their track record shows that they are less concerned about cap space than actual spending.

They let their best offensive lineman walk and replaced him with Brown/Legursky. Levitre was a better guard than SJ is a receiver. This, while they were bringing in a rookie QB!!!

Yeah, from where I sit the odds of SJ being on the Bills in 2014 are virtually non-existent.

I'm sure they will pay Stevie all but 25,000 of his 2014 salary to play elsewhere. They've already got $12.5 million in dead money, what's another 6 or 7 on top? That strategy seems to be working real well in Dallas, Oakland and Washington

I'm sure they will pay Stevie all but 25,000 of his 2014 salary to play elsewhere. They've already got $12.5 million in dead money, what's another 6 or 7 on top? That strategy seems to be working real well in Dallas, Oakland and Washington

I think the issue with Stevie is he's just miscast as a número uno. He's a good slot receiver but wouldn't be a number one on many teams. I'd be hopeful that if buffalo had a true number one, Stevie would be a much better fit.

i think id take nicks over stevie easily when healthy, but i wouldnt be upset with anyone for disagreeing due to the health issues.

nicks worst YPC 13.1, career YPC 15

nicks best 2 seasons (28 games) 2350 yards, 18 tds

stevies best YPC 13.2 career YPC 12.8

stevies best 2 seasons (not consecutive, 32 games) -- 2100 yards 16 tds

nicks has more upside, but his health would certainly be a risk. that said, long term i dont know about stevies health either.

I think it's extremely deceptive to compare numbers like this. Nicks has been playing with Eli Manning for the last five seasons, on a team good enough to beat the Patriots in the 2012 SB. Of course his numbers are going to be higher. If Nicks' numbers were identical to SJ's, you would have to assume that SJ was the better receiver.

I think it's extremely deceptive to compare numbers like this. Nicks has been playing with Eli Manning for the last five seasons, on a team good enough to beat the Patriots in the 2012 SB. Of course his numbers are going to be higher. If Nicks' numbers were identical to SJ's, you would have to assume that SJ was the better receiver.

has eli manning as a regular season qb been that consistently good? sure id take him over fitz, but i think many still focus on his strong January performances and forget how weak some of his september, october and novembers were.

cutler to start this week, also.

Edited by NoSaint

has eli manning as a regular season qb been that consistently good? sure id take him over fitz, but i think many still focus on his strong January performances and forget how weak some of his september, october and novembers were.

cutler to start this week, also.

Where Eli has consistently shined throughout his career is in the 4th quarter (so many clutch comebacks in the 4th quarter in the regular season) and his play in December and January. I would coin Eli as a clutch quarterback which is very rare in this league. He is kind of the opposite of Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys who put up great numbers early in the year and in quarters 1 -3, flops in the 4th quarters and implodes late in the regular season.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

That's the purpose of the team getting a veteran backup. They don't want him to be a long-term option over EJ. No threat to our EJ.

I think McCown may have played himself out of that spot with his play this year, though.

I hope you guys noticed that Dallas dropped 3 Ints right in their hands that night. Right in their hands. This guy is just like Fitz. He makes 3-4 bone headed plays a game. If he's lucky(like he was the other night) he gets away with it. I don't think he would be an upgrade over Lewis as a backup.