Question for everyone....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills were to move, (I would be crushed if they did) would you still be a fan even though they wouldnt be the Bills anymore?

CBF

No, unless it is just to Niagara Falls. Anywhere else, then my interest in football would be limited to fantasy and I would focus my attention on Tottenham Hotspur in the EPL.

Yes.. I very much agree...

I have suffered through Bills fandom because of their connection to the city / region. If they move they become dead to me ... Not unlike the Clippers ... Who cares about them? (with all due respect to our resident board Clippers fan)

I even think moving them to Toronto is a travesty for both cities. Toronto is a city with its own character, traditions and sports. I could support putting the Bills in NF on either side of the border making them a truly shared team with one big if - if they remain the Buffalo Bills.

Nice!

how many L. A. Clipper fans here ?

Just one.

Ask the Cleveland fans if they are now Ravens fans? Answer: No! and it was no before they were given another team.

Ask the Baltimore fans if they now cheer for the Colts? Answer: No! and again, it was that way before they were given the Ravens (Browns).

Ask fans in LA if they still cheer for the Rams, or Raiders? Answer: No! why would they?

I live in La. The raiders basically never left. Raider nation is strong in La. Your assumption is dead wrong. Just so you know.

If you're a talker like me, then you will know this. Oh and the hats and stuff give it away too.

If (hopefully not when) the Bills leave Buffalo, for Toronto or any other city, whether they keep the name or not I am done. The Buffalo Bills are part and parcel of the culture of the area, and those who grew up there and grew up with the Bills being part of that fabric will probably feel as I do. Moving the team would rip the heart out of Buffalo. I am not an NFL fan - I am a Buffalo Bills fan, so I doubt I would spend much time, if any, watching the NFL. I simply would not care, and more than that, would be too pissed to do so.

I live in La. The raiders basically never left. Raider nation is strong in La. Your assumption is dead wrong. Just so you know.

If you're a talker like me, then you will know this. Oh and the hats and stuff give it away too.

I do not know about LA, but I live in Maryland and he is dead right about Baltimore. The day the Colts left is the day people in Baltimore stopped being fans of the team going forward. It was actually worse that they kept the name and pretended they could carry the Colts legacy to Indianapolis. It would be the same in Buffalo I believe.

If they went to the playoffs their 1st year, I would root for that new team. Dont care if they are the new Ethiopian Bills. Just make the damn playoffs every 14 years. Dammit!

To each their own, but man I just can't understand this. Not only would I not be a fan anymore, I'd probably dislike the new team even more. I would hope they wouldn't keep the Bills mascot/logo/etc to add insult to injury (see: Colts, Baltimore, as mentioned above). At least that way we could keep this board strong with hope that we'll be the next Browns-style expansion, ha.

If the Bills were to move, (I would be crushed if they did) would you still be a fan even though they wouldnt be the Bills anymore?

CBF

If the Bills move out of WNY, I’m done with them. I could never root for this team if they called another city home. My love would turn to hate in an instant. I would hate them more than I hate the *Pats, Jets and Fins combined. I don’t think I would start to hate the NFL because I do love football but it’s hard to say. I’d probably become a Panthers fan since I’ve lived in the Charlotte area for about 10 years now and have no real allegiance to any college team.

If they did ever leave, I would hope the name, stats, history and logo will stay with Buffalo like it did with the Browns.

If the Bills move out of WNY, I’m done with them. I could never root for this team if they called another city home. My love would turn to hate in an instant. I would hate them more than I hate the *Pats, Jets and Fins combined. I don’t think I would start to hate the NFL because I do love football but it’s hard to say. I’d probably become a Panthers fan since I’ve lived in the Charlotte area for about 10 years now and have no real allegiance to any college team.

If they did ever leave, I would hope the name, stats, history and logo will stay with Buffalo like it did with the Browns.

Why hate them worse than the pats? I can understand just not following them. But strong dislike??? I dont get that.

Ps. You and a few posters feel the same way. I just dont get it.

I have a similar experience with the Seattle Supersonics. I first started rooting for them when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington and followed them for years even though I never lived in the Pacific Northwest again. When they moved to OKC, I was okay with that because I was stationed twice at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma and my boys went to junior high and high school in Oklahoma. Not sure I could have a similar carryover if it were the Bills. If they moved to Toronto maybe because I now live in Newfoundland, but anywhere else I 'm not so sure. Regardless I hope they always stay in Buffalo right where they belong. People in WNY deserve to have an NFL team even though they drive us crazy.

Why hate them worse than the pats? I can understand just not following them. But strong dislike??? I dont get that.

Ps. You and a few posters feel the same way. I just dont get it.

I wish unhappiness on a girl who has dumped me. I'm just a bad person.

Not a chance. Football would effectively end for me.

I'd probably still watch a few games here and there, but I wouldn't be rooting for anyone, much less the team that moved.

Same with me. Probably watch the NFL the way I watch the NBA now.

How pissed would everyone be if they kept the logo and uniform and just called them WhateverCity Buffaloes?

e.g. LA Buffaloes?

Red white and blue us freaking classic. Since they got rid of the UFL dark blues they have got to have top 3 jersey in the NFL (not white on white)

Classy, classic, sharp the team is doing the jersey a disservice by being such a craptastic franchise.

If the new city kept the Jersey and Logo it be rough. You'd have to see all the time.