Inexcusable loss

Big Turk

Does anyone seriously think that Robey didn't commit interference? That gets called EVERY time. And it was interference.

They both slipped. The argument saying that Robey pulled on the collar is far fetched since the ref that threw the flag was looking at the receivers' back and couldn't possibly see the collar pull, which didn't have that much of an effect in my opinion. And since they both slipped at the same time, I don't see how there was an advantage gained by Robey; they both had their arms extended out, fighting for position.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't anyone mentioning Manuel? His stats look good until you see how few yards passing the Bills had. 18 completions for 210 yards, or less than 12 yards per completion. He threw three or four deep balls that wouldn't have been catchable even if the Falcons DP hadn't interfered with the Bills receivers, primarily Goodwin. Otherwise it was dink and dunk. He generally had time to pass but was not looking deep enough.

So for next year. I do not agree with the "cut SJ" talk. He's still a very talented receiver ideal for the slot. What we STILL need is a primo #1 guy. Woods will be a solid pro for years to come, but we still need the Megatron type guy who scares the bejeezus out of the DBs. Goodwin is a good receiver but is not The Guy.

I am worried about RB. Fred Jackson might be my favorite all-time Bill, going back to when I can remember (1963). But he's going to slow down. Spiller is great when the holes are there and he's not nicked up. So, almost never. Today is the exception that proves the rule. If he was healthy and was getting holes all year, imagine what could have been, but hasn't been. On this team, and with his medical history, especially if Jackson falls off a cliff.

I think Emanuel might still be They Guy at QB. He's lost a lot of his rookie season so it's not fair to judge yet. I still think he, and not Jackson or Chandler, is the reason the Bills lost today. Well, that and giving up a home game.

The O-line is average against weak defenses and incompetent against good ones. We need new guards and a new right tackle, going after free agents if necessary.

Once again, a team having trouble running the ball got healthy against our guys. The two long TD runs for the Falcons were I think a case of Alonso reading the play wrong and filling the wrong gap, leaving too much room. Still I think Alonso will be a stud for the Bills for 10 years. I think Hughes and Lawson are pretty good but not good enough. Time for at least one new LB. The DBs can't stop slants. Why not? Except for Byrd they can't intercept. Why not? I think they need a really solid CB and must re-sign Byrd, although today's loss might have been the last straw for Byrd. I think he walks so he can play with a better team.

This team is not snake bit, it suffers from a greedy front office that puts profits ahead of wins. Aside from the abomination of playing in Toronto to earn a few more million, the Bills are $20M under the salary cap. Every weakness they have they could have addressed in free agency, just by using the full cap. Nope, that's $20M more for the lawyers to hide from taxes when Ralph passes. And the Bills lose again.

one of the best, most truthful posts i've seen here. if byrd walks, your last point is carved in stone. well, it really already is but that would carve it in granite.

How was this loss even remotely EJ Manuel's fault. He threw two perfect passes in clutch situations that could have set the Bills up for a win and both times his recievers coughed it up. I don't get how anyone could blame EJ for this loss.

Don't get suckered in by that poster's entries. The guy hates EJM and every game the Bills lose while he is here will be his fault. This is because the Bills should have drafted some other QB or waited until next draft for this absolute can't miss franchise prospect he is so certain about. Funny, but if it were THAT easy to draft a franchise QB, many an NFL team would have a plethora of these players 3 deep on the bench, for excellent trade bait to some forlorn franchise that doesn't employ the services of Edwards arm talent scouts INC. Seriously, it's some sort of nutty crusade for this guy. The Bills blow a great look at a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt with two spectacular fumbles by vets, and he wants to talk about EJM. That says all you need to know...

There were a couple of bad throws, but he had an 86.7 rating, a very nice rushing TD that very few QBs can make, ZERO sacks, and a game winning drive that was stolen from him. I'm not quite sure what your point is. By just about any measure - zero sacks taken (partly because he knew when to roll out), a nice rushing TD, a better than average QB rating, and a game winning drive -- he had a very good game.

C'mon man! Don't you know, EJM doesn't make the "big boy throws" that prove you are an NFL caliber QB? He's supposed to look like Johnny football playing VS the sisters of the poor out there in his rookie season. Stevie and Chandler probably fumbled due to their lack of confidence in EJM. At least we can draft our can't miss QB in the 2014 selection meeting.

Top 10 pick would actually have netted us a good QB this year. Instead we'll waste 3 years trying it develop Manuel.

I really don't get this comment...

He's a rookie QB, and if you made a list of the players responsible for this crap loss, EJ would be close to the bottom...He lead an Offense that scored 31 points and should have had at least 34...He threw a nice deep pass to Goodwin on the sidelines, Goodwin gets interfered with, and for whatever reason the Ref ate his flag...That could have gone for 6 easy...He throws two nice passes to Stevie and Chandler and they fumble...The Bills could have scored 50 points this game with a couple more good breaks...

Get off EJ...He's a rookie that missed most of training camp and four games this season...He's going to struggle at times...That's what young QB's do...He's got a QB rating over 80 as a Rookie and that is not bad at all in this league...In fact if EJ were to finish this season with his current QB rating (82) it would actually put him in good company...You loving Luck and Griffin this year? Young QB's struggle at times...It's going to happen...Peyton Manning had a 71.2 QB rating as a rookie...Luck was at 76.5 last year...Griffin is 81.8 this year...Again...Young QB's are going to struggle at times...That's just about a guarantee...

EJ threw the pass to win us this game and Stevie coughed it up...Give the kid a break... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

He's a rookie QB, and if you made a list of the players responsible for this crap loss, EJ would be close to the bottom...He lead an Offense that scored 31 points and should have had at least 34...He threw a nice deep pass to Goodwin on the sidelines, Goodwin gets interfered with, and for whatever reason the Ref ate his flag...That could have gone for 6 easy...He throws two nice passes to Stevie and Chandler and they fumble...The Bills could have scored 50 points this game with a couple more good breaks...

Get off EJ...He's a rookie that missed most of training camp and four games this season...He's going to struggle at times...That's what young QB's do...He's got a QB rating over 80 as a Rookie and that is not bad at all in this league...In fact if EJ were to finish this season with his current QB rating (82) it would actually put him in good company...You loving Luck and Griffin this year? Young QB's struggle at times...It's going to happen...Peyton Manning had a 71.2 QB ratting as a rookie...Luck was at 76.5 last year...Griffin is 81.8 this year...Again...Young QB's are going to struggle at times...That's just about a guarantee...

EJ threw the pass to win us this game and Stevie coughed it up...Give the kid a break... B-)

You don't get it because it's a ridiculous post. Not worthy of your keystrokes in reply.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

There were a couple of bad throws, but he had an 86.7 rating, a very nice rushing TD that very few QBs can make, ZERO sacks, and a game winning drive that was stolen from him. I'm not quite sure what your point is. By just about any measure - zero sacks taken (partly because he knew when to roll out), a nice rushing TD, a better than average QB rating, and a game winning drive -- he had a very good game.

He absolutely disappeared in the second half. We should never have been in a position to lose. Dink, dunk then a long pass. No consistent intermediate routes and checks down to RBs behind the line almost every play. He may develop into a decent QB, but. eh screw it I don't care anymore, I'm sick of this crap every year.

They both slipped. The argument saying that Robey pulled on the collar is far fetched since the ref that threw the flag was looking at the receivers' back and couldn't possibly see the collar pull, which didn't have that much of an effect in my opinion. And since they both slipped at the same time, I don't see how there was an advantage gained by Robey; they both had their arms extended out, fighting for position.

I thought Douglas initiated the contact

Falcons do not have a good record but they have players, hell they were going to beat the Saints last week until THEY fumbled. We are not good enough yet- EJ played well, Spiller nice game- some good plays on defense. We are short 2 Lb's and TE and do not have a true #1 wr. Gut wrenching loss - time for Stevie to SHUT UP and play enough of the character focus on being a football player and not trying to be a mr interview. This Falcons team was in the NFC championship game last year.

He absolutely disappeared in the second half. We should never have been in a position to lose. Dink, dunk then a long pass. No consistent intermediate routes and checks down to RBs behind the line almost every play. He may develop into a decent QB, but. eh screw it I don't care anymore, I'm sick of this crap every year.

2 intermediate routes for big gains and fumbles. Just sayin'.

Matchups. The Bills lack a big WR or elite TE to expose mismatches in the middle of the field. EJM can only take what the defense gives. An elite TE or Brandon Marshall type would give us the middle of the field. OC Hackett is calling the plays, and those routes just aren't there because he doesn't have the horses.

Get off EJ...He's a rookie that missed most of training camp and four games this season...He's going to struggle at times...That's what young QB's do...He's got a QB rating over 80 as a Rookie and that is not bad at all in this league...In fact if EJ were to finish this season with his current QB rating (82) it would actually put him in good company...You loving Luck and Griffin this year? Young QB's struggle at times...It's going to happen...Peyton Manning had a 71.2 QB rating as a rookie...Luck was at 76.5 last year...Griffin is 81.8 this year...Again...Young QB's are going to struggle at times...That's just about a guarantee...

His rating is up to 82.7 now!

Falcons do not have a good record but they have players, hell they were going to beat the Saints last week until THEY fumbled. We are not good enough yet- EJ played well, Spiller nice game- some good plays on defense. We are short 2 Lb's and TE and do not have a true #1 wr. Gut wrenching loss - time for Stevie to SHUT UP and play enough of the character focus on being a football player and not trying to be a mr interview. This Falcons team was in the NFC championship game last year.

No excuses. This Falcon team is a mere shell of itself in comparison to the 2012 NFC Championship participant. They have a horrible OL, no pass rush, and a shaky run D. If the Bills were serious, they kill this team after going up 14-0.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I thought EJ stepped it up in the clutch and that is the best thing that came out of this game. His development is the only important thing left in this season.

I thought Atlanta did not play like a 2 win team today, especially on offense.

It was great watching a franchise quarterback (Ryan) work.

It was great watching a well coached, fundamentally sound team (atlanta). Very impressed with how they tackled correctly the first time.

Stevie has proven most of the time not to be reliable in the clutch. Do we really want him?

Agree that Chandler should be a back up.