Inexcusable loss

Big Turk

With the game on the line, both SJ & Chandler blew the Bills chances with back to back fumbles. Those are inexcusable!! Chandler's was much worse than SJ's. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chandler is a backup TE at best and the Bills need a better option at TE. SJ is a good slot WR, but his mistakes are at the absolute worst times. The Bills need a true #1 WR.

Now everyone can stop the playoff nonsense for good as there is no way the Bills can make it. 14 years in a row of missing the playoffs is an embarrassment and a disgrace!!! We deserve much better than this!!

The two veterans of the receiving corps come up small at the most inopportune time to blow the game and kill the season. :doh::censored::sick:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

45 years of hoping and trying to believe through bad decisions and bad luck. I don't have much left. The irony is being set up. A few more bad years in Buffalo and then they'll move to Toronto, LA or London and then they'll suddenly be SB contenders.

well, if you're right then there's only one man to blame...

The two veterans of the receiving corps come up small at the most inopportune time to blow the game and kill the season. :doh::censored::sick:

Can there be any question? Bills must cut SJ and his big contract and spend that money to re-sign Byrd - not that Byrd was spectacular today, but he is FAR FAR more clutch than SJ.

1st or 2nd round pick should be spent on a TE who is better than the scrap-heap reclamation project that Chandler is.

This team isn't ready to jump up into the playoffs. They are getting better, but need a few things to happen. EJM needs more experience, and the coaches need more experience.

They need a truly clutch, go-to receiver (SJ isn't that guy, though he is a good receiver). It could be a TE, or another WR, but someone that is gonna make the clutch play more often than not.

A lot of the problems are mental, emotional mistakes. Gotta get more guys that thrive under pressure into the lineup.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Defense choked.

SJ choked.

Chandler choked.

Refs made a couple bad calls.

The crowd was rooting for Atlanta.

This team is an embarrassment, year after year.

For whatever reason I keep coming back. I'm an idiot.

I'm a big !@#$ing idiot.

Don't be so hard on yourself dork. We are all idiots together.

This team isn't ready to jump up into the playoffs. They are getting better, but need a few things to happen. EJM needs more experience, and the coaches need more experience.

They need a truly clutch, go-to receiver (SJ isn't that guy, though he is a good receiver). It could be a TE, or another WR, but someone that is gonna make the clutch play more often than not.

A lot of the problems are mental, emotional mistakes. Gotta get more guys that thrive under pressure into the lineup.

Pathetic. TWO FUMBLES cause the loss?

I'm convinced, you simply cannot rely on Stevie.

That was exactly what I thought after his fumble. This guy just isn't dependable. He isn't a playmaker. Chandler isn't either but we already knew that. When is the last time you have seen two fumbles caused by the defender puching the ball out of their arms. I figured ball carriers were taught to protect the ball in Pop Warner. Its a team loss, I blame everyone including Marrone.

This. :(

How was this loss even remotely EJ Manuel's fault. He threw two perfect passes in clutch situations that could have set the Bills up for a win and both times his recievers coughed it up. I don't get how anyone could blame EJ for this loss.

The game was right up there among the worst regular season losses that I can remember--and I'm going back to the late Sixties era. Truly sickening, and sad when you're hoping for your team to just hold on instead of winning the game.

Still, there's a good core of players on this team. I've been on this roller coaster too long to get off now.

Edited by Rivermont Mike

Why isn't anyone mentioning Manuel? His stats look good until you see how few yards passing the Bills had. 18 completions for 210 yards, or less than 12 yards per completion. He threw three or four deep balls that wouldn't have been catchable even if the Falcons DP hadn't interfered with the Bills receivers, primarily Goodwin. Otherwise it was dink and dunk. He generally had time to pass but was not looking deep enough.

So for next year. I do not agree with the "cut SJ" talk. He's still a very talented receiver ideal for the slot. What we STILL need is a primo #1 guy. Woods will be a solid pro for years to come, but we still need the Megatron type guy who scares the bejeezus out of the DBs. Goodwin is a good receiver but is not The Guy.

I am worried about RB. Fred Jackson might be my favorite all-time Bill, going back to when I can remember (1963). But he's going to slow down. Spiller is great when the holes are there and he's not nicked up. So, almost never. Today is the exception that proves the rule. If he was healthy and was getting holes all year, imagine what could have been, but hasn't been. On this team, and with his medical history, especially if Jackson falls off a cliff.

I think Emanuel might still be They Guy at QB. He's lost a lot of his rookie season so it's not fair to judge yet. I still think he, and not Jackson or Chandler, is the reason the Bills lost today. Well, that and giving up a home game.

The O-line is average against weak defenses and incompetent against good ones. We need new guards and a new right tackle, going after free agents if necessary.

Once again, a team having trouble running the ball got healthy against our guys. The two long TD runs for the Falcons were I think a case of Alonso reading the play wrong and filling the wrong gap, leaving too much room. Still I think Alonso will be a stud for the Bills for 10 years. I think Hughes and Lawson are pretty good but not good enough. Time for at least one new LB. The DBs can't stop slants. Why not? Except for Byrd they can't intercept. Why not? I think they need a really solid CB and must re-sign Byrd, although today's loss might have been the last straw for Byrd. I think he walks so he can play with a better team.

This team is not snake bit, it suffers from a greedy front office that puts profits ahead of wins. Aside from the abomination of playing in Toronto to earn a few more million, the Bills are $20M under the salary cap. Every weakness they have they could have addressed in free agency, just by using the full cap. Nope, that's $20M more for the lawyers to hide from taxes when Ralph passes. And the Bills lose again.

I mean those two last drive calls were straight BS (phantom illegal contact, PI in the EZ).

I rarely blame the refs, but we got jobbed today. SJ13 and Chandler sure didn't help...

Robey did pull the WR's front collar in the end zone. Stevie gave the game away. From that point it would have been a 1st down and the Bills could have got under a 40 yard FG.

I've never bashed Stevie through all of his ridiculousness over the years, but as of now, I am done with him.

He is nothing but a CLOWN, and he's responsible for more Bills losses than he is for Bills wins.

He's the Fitz of WR's....he does enough to make you think he's good, but always comes up small in the clutch.

Does anyone seriously think that Robey didn't commit interference? That gets called EVERY time. And it was interference.

I agree it was pass interference. When they showed the replay it was clear. It wasn't that play. It was the way they let Atlanta drive 65 yards with the game on the line that sickens me. If you watched the Houston/New England game the Patriots shut down Houston on their last drive. Plan and simple that is what winning teams do. They win.

This. :(

There were a couple of bad throws, but he had an 86.7 rating, a very nice rushing TD that very few QBs can make, ZERO sacks, and a game winning drive that was stolen from him. I'm not quite sure what your point is. By just about any measure - zero sacks taken (partly because he knew when to roll out), a nice rushing TD, a better than average QB rating, and a game winning drive -- he had a very good game.