12/1 Bottom Line: Who we want to win this weekend

OCinBuffalo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be Miami. If we win out we become 9-7......and the best they could be would also be 9-7. We would hold the better division record.....so if we win out, Miami is a non-factor.

Sorry I misread what you meant by biggest threat. I thought you meant biggest threat in regards to our remaining 5 games. In terms of the playoff race I would have to say either San Diego because they have a good qb or Ravens just because they have one game up on us and have been here before.

Who at this point do you guys think is the Bills biggest threat if they were to win out?

Chargers look like they're actually going to make a solid push. Other than that, even with the head-to-head, Ravens seem capable of winning out to 10-6.

Chargers look like they're actually going to make a solid push. Other than that, even with the head-to-head, Ravens seem capable of winning out to 10-6.

I thought that SD beating KC last week was a killer. They should still lose at Denver and maybe Cincy or the Giants will knock them off.

Yes, 2 for 2 already! And very important games. I'd say the other two winners we need are Cinncy and Indy. Cleveland isn't really a threat and the Jets or Dolphins losing will help either way. If the Jets win I don't think Gino is good for too many more wins anyway and if the Dolphins win we can take care of them if need be. Of course, there is that other important game!

I like them over Miami and Cleveland. Cincy is maybe a toss up, depending on which cincy team shows up.

But simply playing the odds - unless you like them as HUGE favorites every week, odds are they lose one. If there are 3 games that might be 60-40 splits in their favor, you'd pick them to win all 3 individually but not say they are likely to go 3-0

Can't be Miami. If we win out we become 9-7......and the best they could be would also be 9-7. We would hold the better division record.....so if we win out, Miami is a non-factor.

We'd also have swept them head-to-head which is the first tie breaker.

It's not too far fetched to come up with a scenario where the Bills can clinch a spot after week 16 with the NE game becoming moot. Cincy over SD is critical this weekend, Indy over TN is also up there based on remaining schedule. TN with only 7 losses is a problem since they'd have a tie breaker over us. TN with 8 losses makes a lot of 3 way tie scenarios that we lose.

Basically, all 3 and 4 way tie situations are bad for us. TN, OAK, SD, Miami, NYJ, Baltimore, and PIT can all make them for us - we want ALL of them to end up with 9 losses or more.

We are big Miami fans right now. We strongly want them to win on Sunday and then again next week vs. Pittsburgh.

Who at this point do you guys think is the Bills biggest threat if they were to win out?

I'm not sure how to answer - are you asking who is the biggest threat on the road to winning out, or are you asking who is the biggest threat AFTER winning out?

Edited by Thurmal34

Yes, 2 for 2 already! And very important games. I'd say the other two winners we need are Cinncy and Indy. Cleveland isn't really a threat and the Jets or Dolphins losing will help either way. If the Jets win I don't think Gino is good for too many more wins anyway and if the Dolphins win we can take care of them if need be. Of course, there is that other important game!

The one hurdle is that the Steelers play 3 of their last 4 at home where they are pretty damn good. Of course, that last five minutes of today's game took a HUGE toll on their starting line up.

Chargers look like they're actually going to make a solid push.

Why? Because they had one solid win? Before that they lost 3 in a row - two of them to the flailing Dolphins and Redskins. They have a tough schedule with the Bengals, Giants, Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs. There is no way they escape that schedule without a loss or two.

Why? Because they had one solid win? Before that they lost 3 in a row - two of them to the flailing Dolphins and Redskins. They have a tough schedule with the Bengals, Giants, Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs. There is no way they escape that schedule without a loss or two.

4 of 5 at home though

Somebody said they wanted "the bottom line" each week on who to root for. So, with nothing else to do this morning, here it is for today/this weekend. If you want details/debate go to the "playoff scenario" thread. This is the "Bottom Line" thread. That's because: it's the Bottom Line on this, period. :lol: (Home team is listed first):

Indianapolis vs Tennessee

San Diego vs Cincinnati

Baltimore vs Pittsburgh

Houston vs New England

Cleveland vs Jacksonville

Dallas vs Oakland

NY Jets vs Miami

(Jets win subtracts .1% from our chances. Miami win does nothing. So, we've "got that going for us". Dalai Lama. Bills Fan? :lol:)

Extra Stuff:

If you want to know how I know this, you can do it yourself, just go here: http://www.sportsclu...st/Buffalo.html

No, this is not the "scenario site". This is the statistical projection of what each team winning means for the Bills, based on a whole lot of math. Math explanation doesn't belong here either, as it is not Bottom Line.

I will write a more in-depth post in the playoff thread if poster's want to know more.....

and yes, I am aware that the Bills need to win out. However, I have constructed a "lose to the Pats and still get in" scenario....which is not for here either.

We actually want Pats to win next four. So that they have nothing to play for in week 17. At least may not have anything to play for in week 17.

I broke down to this, if Bengals and Bills win out and Pats go 4-1. The Bills are in the playoffs.

I'm not sure how to answer - are you asking who is the biggest threat on the road to winning out, or are you asking who is the biggest threat AFTER winning out?

Sorry for the confusion. I was asking after winning out. Which teams are we most concerned about out that would have tiebreakers over us?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

But simply playing the odds - unless you like them as HUGE favorites every week, odds are they lose one. If there are 3 games that might be 60-40 splits in their favor, you'd pick them to win all 3 individually but not say they are likely to go 3-0

thats true. I would make them heavy favorites in the Miami and Cleveland games, but only something like 60/40 favorites in the GB and Cincy games. So, you're probably right that odds are they won't win all four, but then again, the odds are we won't win the rest of our games either!

Indianapolis vs Tennessee Check

San Diego vs Cincinnati

Baltimore vs Pittsburgh Check

Houston vs New England Disagree with this one but whatever.

Cleveland vs JacksonvilleCheck

Dallas vs OaklandCheck

NY Jets vs MiamiCheck

So far so good. We need a win this week.

So far so good. We need a win this week.

This is math. There is no disagree.

I get the "Pats give the players a rest" point.

However, we are talking pure math in terms of "best chance to make playoffs". I think the swing is .1 anyway, so it doesn't matter. But, if the Pats had lost, then it definitely would have, as we might have been able still win the division...which...is why the .1% difference. :lol:

So we lose that scenario, but, it wasn't likely anyway.

Indianapolis vs Tennessee Check

San Diego vs Cincinnati

Baltimore vs Pittsburgh Check

Houston vs New England Disagree with this one but whatever.

Cleveland vs JacksonvilleCheck

Dallas vs OaklandCheck

NY Jets vs MiamiCheck

And we lose in hideous fashion. :bag:

Adding insult to injury, the Bengals beat the Chargers. :wallbash: