Falcons forum

Thirdborn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very good friend who is a Falcons fan (actually played a LITTLE bit for them in the early 70s). Trust me - the smack he was laying down back in August was ruthless. I kept my powder dry, particularly once I saw that the game was in Toronto. UGH!!

A funny thing happened on the way to the bragging rights. Injuries. We spoke last week about the impending game, and he said "You know, I've listened to you complain about the injury bug's effect on the Bills in years past, and I used to think you were just whining. I don't think you were whining now".

That Falcons team is BANGED UP. And I don't care about their stupid "mini-bye" - that team needs a whole off-season in order to be back to speed. The Bills, on the other hand, are FINALLY going to be fielding the team (to rip off another poster from another thread) that the Front Office and Coaching Staff envisioned back in April, May and June. This is the first time the entire starting team will be on the same field (and hopefully on the same page) since training camp.

The Bills Haters on this board can hate away. I'm cool with it - I'm one of those people who stays off this board after a loss, because I figure the suicide hotlines are pretty much jammed. But I think that the Falcons won't have faced a defense like this one all friggin' year. Between Pettine's schemes, the FINALLY healthy secondary, Kiko-The-Monster and the Bills Front Four, Matt Ryan is not just going to be confused. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the stadium on a cart. The only thing the Bills have to watch is Ryan-To-Gonzales. Shut that down with Kiko, and bye bye.

I can't WAIT for this game.

http://boards.atlant...2693-the-bills/

consensus seems to be that our defense is going to eat their children.

:thumbsup:

hard to believe that have fallen so far. I haven't watched them this year so I'm not sure why they are doing so bad as it seems that have all their weapons, maybe the O-line got worse.

My favorite was the western New York native who moved to Georgia and reduced us to jerks because we are "Yankees".

nice, friggin wussy afraid those rebels will thump him.

no

I think he was joking

I have a very good friend who is a Falcons fan (actually played a LITTLE bit for them in the early 70s). Trust me - the smack he was laying down back in August was ruthless. I kept my powder dry, particularly once I saw that the game was in Toronto. UGH!!

A funny thing happened on the way to the bragging rights. Injuries. We spoke last week about the impending game, and he said "You know, I've listened to you complain about the injury bug's effect on the Bills in years past, and I used to think you were just whining. I don't think you were whining now".

That Falcons team is BANGED UP. And I don't care about their stupid "mini-bye" - that team needs a whole off-season in order to be back to speed. The Bills, on the other hand, are FINALLY going to be fielding the team (to rip off another poster from another thread) that the Front Office and Coaching Staff envisioned back in April, May and June. This is the first time the entire starting team will be on the same field (and hopefully on the same page) since training camp.

The Bills Haters on this board can hate away. I'm cool with it - I'm one of those people who stays off this board after a loss, because I figure the suicide hotlines are pretty much jammed. But I think that the Falcons won't have faced a defense like this one all friggin' year. Between Pettine's schemes, the FINALLY healthy secondary, Kiko-The-Monster and the Bills Front Four, Matt Ryan is not just going to be confused. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the stadium on a cart. The only thing the Bills have to watch is Ryan-To-Gonzales. Shut that down with Kiko, and bye bye.

I can't WAIT for this game.

They have and got beat pretty bad by Seattle(better D than the Bills) and Carolina(as good as Buffalo's).

The Falcons seem to be getting healthy to me. Roddy's expected to play most snaps for the first time in a while. Their defense is back except for Biermann, and this is their first chance to really practice together for some days. I'm kinda worried that Atlanta finds their game this week.

no julio, no care.

http://boards.atlant...2693-the-bills/

consensus seems to be that our defense is going to eat their children.

Anyone who thinks a rash of IR type injuries to key position groups (O Line, QB, DB) don't utterly kill seasons look no further than this years Atlanta Falcons. In a repeat of what happened to a very very good Jax 3 years ago, the O Line has been blown up by injury and the team has struggled for the last 6 games. You simply cannot plug in a bunch of backups and practice squad guys and win any games. Cannot do it. not in this league. "Next Man up" is a bunch of garbage.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I've traveled to the South quite a bit (was in Mississippi) last week and find the people there to be much nicer than up North. Sure, you have the few, "what are you doing down here" types, but they are the minority. Overall, it seems the Falcon's fans have the same feeling about the game most Bills fans do: (our D should destroy them, and is EJ good, bad, somewhere in the middle, etc.). I'm seeing a TON of sacks from our D, and a lot of running for Freddie, CJ, and a couple nice passes from EJ (about 15).

Until I see some real quality consistency from EJ, and this offense, I'll not even begin to predict wins - even against the likes of Atlanta, Jacksonville, or Tampa. We should have destroyed the Steelers - it was a "good matchup" for us, and we got smoked. Now, I believe our team has quality talent across the board, and is good enough, and in some areas exceptional, that IF EJ plays a good game, then I think we can play with anyone. Its just that EJ has to stop his Jeckyll and Hyde routine.

Until I see some real quality consistency from EJ, and this offense, I'll not even begin to predict wins - even against the likes of Atlanta, Jacksonville, or Tampa. We should have destroyed the Steelers - it was a "good matchup" for us, and we got smoked. Now, I believe our team has quality talent across the board, and is good enough, and in some areas exceptional, that IF EJ plays a good game, then I think we can play with anyone. Its just that EJ has to stop his Jeckyll and Hyde routine.

He's a rookie. This is what rookies do. Ups and downs. Especially considering it was his first start back after missing 4 weeks, it was to be expected.

I refer to my avatar, and implore you to

"Just Try Saying It"

I feel that you've already taken a good first step in acknowledging that EJ may play well, or poorly. That's excellent progress. The next step is to say "EJ Is a Rookie", out loud. After that, we can try saying it to other people. This treatment has worked well for many Jets fans, who have finally been able to say "Mark Sanchez is not Tom Brady and he's not even our QB, he's just an ESPN contraption", and gained a new-found self-respect as a result. Self-respect is the goal. Self-esteem is merely about forcing others to accept your masked and unresolved insecurity. Remember, our next session is scheduled for this coming Monday morning. See you then.

:lol:

And, we need to remind ourselves that "hunting people down and finishing this" is not a healthy way for us to resolve conflict. That is what PPP is for.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Here's some hilarity from that board:

"I don't know where my team is playing this week, but I'm a big fan for 25 years"(says that in the other thread he started, link below).

Yeah, we're the ones who shouldn't have a message board. :lol:

Nice to see that playing in Toronto does have 1(one) advantage besides $ = causing confusion, humiliation, and derision amongst our opponent's fan base. The "Wind Direction: Straight out of the Vents", "weather report" is great stuff.

As I said above, the same guy posted this: What is a troll?

:lol: I believe my number has been called. I may just have to sign up, and educate these clowns on precisely what a troll is.

The only problem? They seem too apathetic for it to work. Perhaps I could start a "Buffalo could trade Mario Williams to Atlanta" thread? I mean, it's not like they are aware of the trade deadline, right? Perhaps a nice "Falcon owner wants new stadium or is moving the team" thread?

I might be able to tell them that Toronto is a city that is competely underground, and uses the process of Leaf fan preseason arrogance/midseason angst conversion as their renewable source of energy?

Edited by OCinBuffalo