JFK -- 50 years later

KD in CA

Who shot JFK?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Did Oswald kill JFK?

• Yup, he saw the parade route in the paper and just decided to do it.
    • Nope, it was a big Oliver Stone-type conspiracy, multiple shooters, etc.
    • Other (fill in your theory)

Great thread to start.

Here is Oliver Stone's latest on the assassination, evidence and everything else:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/11/20/oliver-stone-jfk-conspiracy-assassination-oswald-column/3657321/

It's interesting but I don't buy it. A guy on my hockey team is really into guns and he said the magic bullet would not have been mangled. I saw a show on history channel not long ago and they were doing ballistic tests and explained how the bullet when it left Kennedy's neck tumbled and entered Connolly flat and then hit his wrist flat like that and the bullet is flattened...not mangled. The grassy knoll argument to me is pretty weak. That people in a crowded plaza didn't know where the shots came from is no evidence at all. Obviously it was a confusing situation. Stone's contention that Oswald couldn't get the three accurate shots away in 6 seconds just doesn't sound right but I don't know.

Now was Oswald part of a conspiracy? I'd be more inclined to accept that theory.

"Back, and to the left."

Funny about that...on one of the Kennedy shows the other night and a guy was discussing how in the very first frame where the head shot impact occurs, you can see his head actually pitching forward. It's after the shot where it recoils back.

Last spring I was in Dallas for the first time ever, stayed just a few blocks from Dealey Plaza so walked over. I got a real different sense of the size of the area, difficulty (or lack thereof) of the shot, etc.

Funny about that...on one of the Kennedy shows the other night and a guy was discussing how in the very first frame where the head shot impact occurs, you can see his head actually pitching forward. It's after the shot where it recoils back.

Last spring I was in Dallas for the first time ever, stayed just a few blocks from Dealey Plaza so walked over. I got a real different sense of the size of the area, difficulty (or lack thereof) of the shot, etc.

History had a good show about the last 48 hours of Lee Harvey Oswalds life. It was funny because at several points they seem to insinuate but not directly say that Oliver Stone was completely wrong about a few things.

Also saw where the Kennedy family has the Chanel suit Jackie was wearing locked up another 75 years belonging to a trust and it will not be revealed to the public until then. Brain matter still all over it, she refused to change so the world could see what was done to her husband.

That's all I have heard from anyone who has been there. That it was a simple shot. No harder then taking a squirrel out at 40 yards. My brother lives in Dallas so if I ever go back to Texas I will be sure to go check it out.

I've been there. Stood about where Kennedy got hit, and it didn't look so hard, looking up at the window........For somebody who had LHO's shooting credentials.

I just wish Ruby had been a few minutes later into the jail so we'd have got more answers.

That's all I have heard from anyone who has been there. That it was a simple shot. No harder then taking a squirrel out at 40 yards. My brother lives in Dallas so if I ever go back to Texas I will be sure to go check it out.

That, and the size of the plaza. I walked all around it; the area is much more condensed than it feels on TV or in the movies. I just can't see how another guy could have been shooting from the fence or elsewhere at ground level without at least a dozen people clearly seeing him.

I've been there. Stood about where Kennedy got hit, and it didn't look so hard, looking up at the window........For somebody who had LHO's shooting credentials.

I just wish Ruby had been a few minutes later into the jail so we'd have got more answers.

I got the same impression looking down from the 6th floor museum. They have the corner sniper nest glassed off, recreated the way he set up the boxes, but the next window is just a few feet away so you get a pretty good idea. Clear shot and a slow moving target. I presume marines hit targets like that every day in training.

LHO did it. He got off 3 shots and killed kennedy. All the conspiracy stuff is just something to talk about. Just like how FDR knew about Pearl Harbor and the WTC was rigged with bombs... The real answeris. Hiding in plain sight. Oswald, a trained marine, killed a sitting duck. Like fish in a barrel.

I'm surprised I haven't seen that on FB this week. Seems perfect for the younger set to think it was true.

I forgot what I was watching, but I was amazed at how much access there was at the police station, for the public and reporters, compared to today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bIRkv29xk

Bill tells the truth...again.

I never even heard of this assclown until people here start posting about him. Not only is he a moron, but he is not funny in the least.............Bill Maher must be happy he died, so he could take over that position.

okay, saw a program last night that suggests that a secret service agent riding in the car behind Kennedy, shot him. Never heard that one before

This is the newest one, it seems like. I heard Bill James, the father of analytics, on Bill Simmons yesterday. He's big on the whole JFK thing, and he believes in this one.