TJ Graham

PNW_Bills_Fan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your argument JBoyst. Don't completely disagree. There's obviously much more to the long jump than only speed. Power is huge. That's why the combine has the broad jump as well. But to say that speed isn't a huge factor in the long jump would be a lie.

Also, not quite sure, but wasn't he an alternate in the 4x100? Not sure.

Either way, he is world class fast. He's probably the fastest man in the NFL today and that's nothing to be taken lightly, and that's something we can all agree on.

Edited by mrags

I understand your argument JBoyst. Don't completely disagree. There's obviously much more to the long jump than only speed. Power is huge. That's why the combine has the broad jump as well. But to say that speed isn't a huge factor in the long jump would be a lie.

Either way, he is world class fast. He's probably the fastest man in the NFL today and that's nothing to be taken lightly, and that's something we can all agree on.

Especially when you consider that the NFL has guys like Chris Johnson who ran a 4.24 Forty at the Combine. BTW, I think you're right about him being an Olympic sprint alternate.

He is! See the article I posted above... fastest guy in the NFL today and fastest since Bob Hayes. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

landing is the biggest factor. Jumping second. Speed third.

I ran in high school. 110HH, 400H, HJ, LJ, TJ, PV, 100, 200, 400, 4x100, 4x400, 60HH, 55HH and I disagree with this.

I was state worthy in the PV, 110HH, 55HH, 60HH and of the best in WNY in the TJ. My resume (although word of mouth, but SJBF can vouch for) should give credit to that.

As I said, I don't disagree with your point that fast sprinters aren't always good jumpers, and vice versa, but they usually coincide with one another.

The guy who went to the Olympics for track doesn't have Olympic speed? Or he doesn't have Olympic 100m speed. It's kind of a stupid argument. Also, to say speed isn't important is like saying talent isn't. The form is all and good, but if you don't have the god given speed, it doesn't matter how good you're form is.

Olympic speed? Do you even know what that means? He was a long juniper! That's not speed. He is fast but saying he has Olympic speed is like saying someone is an Olympic swimmer because they did high dive in the Olympics

I'm not hating in the dude. But this line is repeated way too much. He did not run the 100m. 200m. Anything. If anything say the guy was an Olympic athlete. Speed is not a big deal foe long jump...

Of course it's a big deal. Show me a slow Olympic long jumper. Just 1.

Long jump is about velocity. Not speed.

A helpful link.

www.dictionary.com

speed=velocity period. But I am sure this is meant to be an angular momentum point or something.

Olympic speed? Do you even know what that means? He was a long juniper! That's not speed. He is fast but saying he has Olympic speed is like saying someone is an Olympic swimmer because they did high dive in the Olympics

I'm not hating in the dude. But this line is repeated way too much. He did not run the 100m. 200m. Anything. If anything say the guy was an Olympic athlete. Speed is not a big deal foe long jump...

Speed is MOST DEFINITELY key to the long jump. My friend, how do you think they jump so far? The buildup of speed is critical; especially at 'Quise's size. One can have Olympic caliber speed and not run sprints in the Olympics. It's not like there aren't others with that same talent level. Technique: lift, extension, landing are also vital to the long jump, that's why every sprinter can't do it well. BUT, make no mistake, all the technique in the world won't make up for a lack of speed down the runway. There ain't no slow long jumpers.

Edited by purple haze

Some WR's take time to develop. It took Eric Moulds a few years to develop into the good WR that he became. Graham is in his 2nd year, while Goodwin is a rookie. Right now, Goodwin is ahead of the learning curve than Graham is. IMO, there's no reason to be down on Graham so far, he's still young, plus he has a rookie QB throwing to him.

I thought this thread was about TJ Graham and not the definition of "olympic speed."

For as much negativity as there has been about Graham, I haven't noticed that Marrone is particularly critical. Graham should be evaluated on his own merits not compared to Goodwin. We may have found an elite deep threat in Goodwin. If so, kudos to the FO, but it should not diminish Graham per se.

I see the Bills developing a WR corps not unlike what Payton has done in New Orleans. They have had a lot of high end talent and a lot of depth at WR, but historically it has been Colston (and now Graham) who has put up the big numbers.

TJ could develop into a guy that catches 35-40 balls a year with a 15.0 - 17.0 YPC and if you combine that with production from SJ, Goodwin, Woods, and the athletic TE we all know this team needs … well, then you have a passing game.

You're the biggest blowhard on this forum. Just shut up already!

good idea. I don't care if I don't change anyone's opinion. Ill keep mine. They'll keep theirs. I don't really care as long as anyone in a Bills uniform contributes ti the best of their ability.

Yea I think it's about having the talent but it's about having the right Quarterback to get them the ball as well. One of the things that I've always thought separates Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Brees from the pack is the way they spread the ball around. They trust all of their receivers to make plays. Of course you need talented guys as well but you need to be willing to throw it to your second or third read rather that just thinking "my first read is my top receiver I'm throwing to him come what may." That way even when you have guys go down it doesn't destroy your season because your quarterback has a trust with the other guys. Look at Matt Ryan without Julio Jones this year, look at Stafford the game Megatron missed and look at Dalton throwing picks trying to force the ball to AJ Green practically every time he drops back to pass.

One of the most pleasing things about Sunday was the number of guys we got involved in the passing game.

Yea I think it's about having the talent but it's about having the right Quarterback to get them the ball as well. One of the things that I've always thought separates Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Brees from the pack is the way they spread the ball around. They trust all of their receivers to make plays. Of course you need talented guys as well but you need to be willing to throw it to your second or third read rather that just thinking "my first read is my top receiver I'm throwing to him come what may." That way even when you have guys go down it doesn't destroy your season because your quarterback has a trust with the other guys. Look at Matt Ryan without Julio Jones this year, look at Stafford the game Megatron missed and look at Dalton throwing picks trying to force the ball to AJ Green practically every time he drops back to pass.

One of the most pleasing things about Sunday was the number of guys we got involved in the passing game.

I was thinking the same thing the other day when I saw eli Manning's stats. When he had all those targets in the championship year it made a huge difference. Oneof the things iI like most about Brady and Brees is their ability to find the RB for YAC. I am hoping we find a way to add that wrinkle. That with a rotation of 3 good WR's behind our number one would be a valuable thing.