Favorite Candy

ajzepp

Cadbury Creme Egg.

I wasn't a big fan but ate them by the stack just to get The Mallow Cup "money".

I remember collecting the paper coins and sending them in to get a free box of Mallow Cups in the mail. Unfortunately, after eating enough Mallow Cups to get a bunch of free Mallow Cups, their arrival felt much like I'm sure Ralphie felt when his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring message said "Drink More Ovaltine."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember flying saucers, wafer things filled with little round candies? In grammar school, we would go across the street to the deli and buy them for the walk home. And those muti colored button candies stuck to ribbons of paper...you had to bite them off the paper. Candy cigarettes too!

sour Pez - they come in packs of 6 (at Cracker Barrel) and I can't eat anything less than all 6 in a sitting.

Now and Laters - Wegmans has them in bulk and I overdose on those too.

Chewy Spree

Dark salted chocolate (85% cacao) - hard to find, but it's awesome when it's available.

Cadbury Creme Egg.

I remember collecting the paper coins and sending them in to get a free box of Mallow Cups in the mail. Unfortunately, after eating enough Mallow Cups to get a bunch of free Mallow Cups, their arrival felt much like I'm sure Ralphie felt when his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring message said "Drink More Ovaltine."

That's right all you did was get more mallow cups. What a rip. :angry:

Cadbury Creme Egg.

Have you seen the Cadbury "Screme" Eggs that they now put out at Halloween? It's great and all that they are now available at another time of the year, but it still just seems so wrong to me. They're not as special now that they've added a second season.

I've never been a huge candy guy, but there are some that I have a sweet tooth for from time to time. One of my favorite candies - Mike and Ikes - recently underwent an upgrade to their ingredients or whatever. The package says "now with real fruit juice", so I'm assuming that was the main change...but whatever they did, these are even more delicious than before. If anyone decides to pick some up, I highly recommend goign with the pouch over the box. They are much fresher in the pouch.

51xiXifKZ3L.jpg

Also, for those of you who shop on Amazon, I highly recommend the gummi peaches from Haribo. Haribo is a German candy company that has been around forever (and like that infomercial guy says, we all know the Germans make good stuff) and these are pretty amazing creations.

haribo_peach_ledig_web.jpg

If you like grapefruit, they also have a gummi grapefruit candy that is pretty remarkable, as well.

What are some of your favorite candies?

A forgotten classic! Mike and Ike rank up there on my non-chocolate favorite list. Twix is my #1 and 3 Musketeers my #2. Used to love Skor bars but haven't seen them in years.