MNF Thread - Cam Newton vs. Tom Brady

boyst

Tonight could be one of the best Monday Night Football games this year. (No, I am not going).

I watch the Panthers board and it is funny to me that they are believing Cam Newton is a better QB then Tom Brady. They're saying Tom has lost a step and Newton is the superior QB. I find this laughable because Brady just plays a whole different ball game. Brady has been without his top 3 weapons in every game this year but gets them back tonight. Ridley, Gronky, and Amendola will be playing. While Newton is good you just cannot compare the two and while one will win tonight I still would not put Brady behind anyone except Manning or Brees at this point - and that is arguable.

My money, though, is on Carolina. Their D is much better then they were when they played us and their offense finally has confidence. This is a big game for Carolina for being out of conference - if they can win this they'll remain atop in the hunt for a wildcard and convince many naysayers that they are turning out to be one of the hottest teams in the league.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight could be one of the best Monday Night Football games this year. (No, I am not going).

I watch the Panthers board and it is funny to me that they are believing Cam Newton is a better QB then Tom Brady. They're saying Tom has lost a step and Newton is the superior QB. I find this laughable because Brady just plays a whole different ball game. Brady has been without his top 3 weapons in every game this year but gets them back tonight. Ridley, Gronky, and Amendola will be playing. While Newton is good you just cannot compare the two and while one will win tonight I still would not put Brady behind anyone except Manning or Brees at this point - and that is arguable.

My money, though, is on Carolina. Their D is much better then they were when they played us and their offense finally has confidence. This is a big game for Carolina for being out of conference - if they can win this they'll remain atop in the hunt for a wildcard and convince many naysayers that they are turning out to be one of the hottest teams in the league.

Agree. People said (and say) the same thing about Peyton Manning. Sure, they may have lost a step but their wisdom more than makes up for it. Comparing Cam to Brady is a stand-up comic act IMO. Cam has a long way to go, if he ever gets to that level at all.

Love the Carolina D though. If they win (and I dont believe they will) it'll likely be because of their defense. They are a good bunch for sure.

Edited by jaybee

This game has NE victory all over it. The Panthers are due to come back to Earth...

When you say Panthers, do you mean Newton? He's been playing lights out. I saw somewhere his 3rd down % is almost perfect in the last 3 games.

When you say Panthers, do you mean Newton? He's been playing lights out. I saw somewhere his 3rd down % is almost perfect in the last 3 games.

Given the low scoring nature of the game against the 9ers, that surprises me. I knew he's been playing well but I'd not have guessed he converted thirds at a great rate during it.

Given the low scoring nature of the game against the 9ers, that surprises me. I knew he's been playing well but I'd not have guessed he converted thirds at a great rate during it.

Panthers fans do not know the Pats like we do. It could be a real painful shocker if it goes the way it easily could - a NE route.

I will be very surprised if the Panthers win this game. Hear a lot of folks saying, "but the Panthers defense is just awesome." Uh huh. Sounds like the same thing people were saying about the Chiefs defense yesterday, and how they were going to stop P. Manning......how'd that work out? LOL

Pats by 10.