Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 pages and counting on Da'Rick Rogers is pretty impressive. By comparison the other players threads on page one: Dareus- 2 pages, Kiko- 2 pages, Nickell Robey- 3 pages, Byrd- 3 pages.

As if Byrd hasn't had hundreds of pages since August and kiko 15 pages of chuck Norris jokes alone

Hogan wasn't a training camp hero. He was just a very consistent player.

UDFAs with checkered pasts, inconsistent play, difificulty grasping the offense, and questionable attitudes don't necessarily make good NFL players, either.

It wasn't a good fit. Nothing flawed in that line of thinking at all.

GO BILLS!!!

True.

What I disagree with is the fit. Our staff decided it wasn't a fit. Doesn't mean they were correct.

Like I said a few time, I like them. In fact I can envision the likely scenario in which the decision was made to cut him. I just happen to think that they put too much stock in "the Marrone Way". Got caught up too much in a "culture" and made a mistake.

As if Byrd hasn't had hundreds of pages since August and kiko 15 pages of chuck Norris jokes alone

I wonder if you add up the Kiko pages if you get to 54. I doubt it. I don't really care. It's just bizarre what catches fire around here.

I wonder if you add up the Kiko pages if you get to 54. I doubt it. I don't really care. It's just bizarre what catches fire around here.

There are three threads with his name in the title totaling 10 pages since the the season ended. If we went back months there'd easily be much more than 50. It's likely closer to 40 threads for a couple hundred pages though instead of 1 totally consolidated conversation

If Buffalo went 10-6 and made the playoffs there would be 0 pages of Da'Rick Rogers threads

If he was as good in camp and pre-season as he was as a sophomore at Tennessee, he would have made the team. Too many drops, too many incorrect routes, too many wrong answers. He didn't perform well enough. Please don't confuse his few spectacular moments with consistent play in camp. EVERY other receiver had just as many circus catches at one time or another. And for as much as everyone wants to make this an issue about Hogan, which is simply ignorant btw, Hogan didn't seem to drop a single pass all camp, regardless of which QB was throwing to him. He consistently found soft spots in the zone to exploit. It was readily apparent that Rogers needed work on that aspect. But run a go route and out-muscle a DB? Well, Rogers can do that. Unfortunately, the position is a bit more nuanced. And he seemed to RESENT having to play special teams. Especially gunner on the punt team. His reps were greatly reduced as a result, too.

Letting him go was about as an informed a decision to release a player as their ever was.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm assuming that the Hogan comment is a shot at me. I like to think (and have proven) to be an informed poster. The guy does not belong in the NFL and he would not be making a positive impact on any team. I don't apologize for holding my team to higher standards than street free agent scrubs.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

If the Bills had a QB like Luck the passing production would have been great, and everyone would be talking about how great the Bills receivers are!

Maybe Rogers is smarter than we think, when he saw how poorly the QBs threw the ball he wanted out!

When I was in high school I had a friend who was a big kitty. At the time a new candy bar called PB Max had just come out. I started calling this guy PB Max (PB stood for kitty Boy) hoping it would catch on. After about a week no one else picked up on it and I was about to give up on the name. Then one day we found a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest and we went back to PB's house to call my dad to ask him what we should do with it. PB was afraid the bird would contaminate his house and didn't want me to go inside with it so I asked my cousin to call my dad for me. He said "Me? why don't you call him?" I respnded, "Because PB Max won't let me go in his house." To which my cousin (who wasn't as big as PB or me) said "Aw come on, PB." PB erupted, bucked up, and said in a threating confrontational way "DON'T CALL ME PB! DON'T !@#$IN CALL ME PB!" From that moment on his name was PB.

The moral of the story is, often times things that would fade away on their own are kept alive by protest.

I'm assuming that the Hogan comment is a hot at me. I like to think (and have proven) to be an informed poster. The guy does not along in the NFL and he would not be making a positive impact on any team. I don't apologize for holding my team to higher standards than street free agent scrubs.

I agree. When opponents run plain vanilla defenses, like in preseason, it's a little easier for below average receivers to shine.

Edited by dubs

What do the Da'Rick supporters want?

You want Marrone to resign?

No

Whaley to apologize to Rogers?

Hell No

You want a public statement assuming complete responsibility for cutting a player that has gone on to catch a few passes from Andrew Luck?

.. .. I'd settle for some short under his breath statement from Marrone saying Da'Rick may be better than he thought.

You want the GM to state that "Because of the Da'Rick situation, were are re-evaluating all aspects of the way we evaluate talent"?

I hope that the GM had no say at all in Da'Rick getting cut. Coaches better be able to keep/cut the players they think can win the most games.

What do you want?

I want everyone from here on forth and forever to stop saying the words "character issues" and "Da'Rick Rogers" in the same sentence. Unless of course Da'Rick does something in his NFL career that were to indicate he has anything even close to resembling character issues. I want the world to stop stringing this guy up as some sort of hellboy trouble-maker because he smoked a little weed as a kid in his second year of college. If anyone ever brings up his failed drug tests they must immediately acknowledge the two years straight after that where he passed every single drug test.

Edited by conner

Based on every rep by every receiver in camp and preseason action, he was telling the truth. He was outplayed and outperformed at a time when he could least afford to be outplayed and outperformed. His attitude vis a vis playing special teams didn't help him either.

GO BILLS!!!

Doesn't this kind of say it all?

I'm assuming that the Hogan comment is a shot at me. I like to think (and have proven) to be an informed poster. The guy does not belong in the NFL and he would not be making a positive impact on any team. I don't apologize for holding my team to higher standards than street free agent scrubs.

While I don't exactly think Hogan's a star, I'd call your attention to the Jets game at home, in which Hogan had 3 catches for 29 yards...all of which resulted in first downs (2 of them coming on 3rd downs) during TD drives. I would call that making a positive impact.

Doesn't this kind of say it all?

While I don't exactly think Hogan's a star, I'd call your attention to the Jets game at home, in which Hogan had 3 catches for 29 yards...all of which resulted in first downs (2 of them coming on 3rd downs) during TD drives. I would call that making a positive impact.

Just curious why Rogers is always compared to Hogan and Graham? Both of these guys made the active roster whereas Rogers didn't even make final cuts. I would think he would be compared to guys they signed to the PS? Or are we saying he should have actually made the active roster instead of Hogan or Graham?

He also had a costly drop in that game if I don't recall. I am glad that we hold our players to such a high standard. How many guys in the world could you find that could equal his career production? I am assuming that his career will end with 10 catches and 83 yards. There are PS guys, CFL guys, DIII guys, FCS guy and a few guys on UB's roster that could give you that if given the chance.

He also had a costly drop in that game if I don't recall. I am glad that we hold our players to such a high standard. How many guys in the world could you find that could equal his career production? I am assuming that his career will end with 10 catches and 83 yards. There are PS guys, CFL guys, DIII guys, FCS guy and a few guys on UB's roster that could give you that if given the chance.

Who are the WRs on our PS? I am trying to remember... Kauffman was one, Roberson? None of them ended up playing in a reg season game if I recall. Just wondering who is out there to compete for a spot for next season. Kevin Elliott was looking OK until he tore his ACL in PS but not sure if he would have made the team.

Just curious why Rogers is always compared to Hogan and Graham? Both of these guys made the active roster whereas Rogers didn't even make final cuts. I would think he would be compared to guys they signed to the PS? Or are we saying he should have actually made the active roster instead of Hogan or Graham?

I would have kept him on the active roster because I dd not think that you would be able to sneak him onto the PS. In hindsight, you would have been able to but we didn't know that at the time. I have said if it came down to Rogers or even Graham for example I would have kept Graham. A case could have been made that he could develop into a contributing NFL player. I would not have kept Easley or Hogan over him. Easley had never been able to stay healthy but has become a ST ace. He has carved out a role. Hogan to me is limited athletically and has never proven anywhere (check his college stats at Monmouth) that he can play. I do not understand why you would use any resources on someone like that. If not Rogers, I would have liked to have seen Brandon Kaufman get that spot.

I just don't see a reason to keep Hogan, Sam Young or Colin Brown. I would rather try to find a project like a Mike Jasper type to fill that spot. The way that I view it is that if they are not going to get any production from a particular spot they should use that spot on someone that has potential to develop into more. If those guys don't develop you can always find someone to for you what Sam Young gives you.

Who are the WRs on our PS? I am trying to remember... Kauffman was one, Roberson? None of them ended up playing in a reg season game if I recall. Just wondering who is out there to compete for a spot for next season. Kevin Elliott was looking OK until he tore his ACL in PS but not sure if he would have made the team.

Kaufman is one of them. I think that he may be able to help the team. He can kind of fill that David Nelson role.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's amazing that this thread is still alive. It's clear that the cutting of Rogers was just another dose of Buffalo Bills organizational disfunction. For Pete's sake, there are boarders on here that weren't even alive during the Bills's last winning season, but still people want to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt? It truly amazes me.

You can marginalize it if you'd like; I don't think it's necessary in order to make the point you've been making for 10+ pages now (and I happen to think you're above it).