Ethanol is ''good'' and ''green''

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you !@#$s blame farmers for this then I will do absolutely nothing...you'd not be worth it

We had a topic like this come up recently here. In NC we get dictated by out west. The farmers there plant corn because they have to make money. Not any other reason. This is a free market country. Here we get the left over scraps. We ship our corn across the country then have it sent back to us as food and other goods

Don't blame the farmers for trying to make a dollar.

If any of you !@#$s blame farmers for this then I will do absolutely nothing...you'd not be worth it

We had a topic like this come up recently here. In NC we get dictated by out west. The farmers there plant corn because they have to make money. Not any other reason. This is a free market country. Here we get the left over scraps. We ship our corn across the country then have it sent back to us as food and other goods

Are you drunk? No one is blaming the farmer here. I blame the government for the mandating of ethanol in the first place.

Are you drunk? No one is blaming the farmer here. I blame the government for the mandating of ethanol in the first place.

I wish I was drunk. But I am waiting for some retard to come in and say something. I've already seen people protesting and speaking out against the farmer for this and many similar things

I wish I was drunk. But I am waiting for some retard to come in and say something. I've already seen people protesting and speaking out against the farmer for this and many similar things

I don't blame farmers unless you count ADM and Cargill as farmers, I know they get their share of fame subsidies does that make them farmers?

I don't blame the farmers for trying to make a buck.

I do blame the industrial agriculturists who try to maximize their profits by lobbying for ersatz subsidies on corn. Because, frankly, as a source for an ethanol-based economy, corn sucks. It only works in the US because we're leveraging an already-existing system that separates the sugars (corn syrup) from the byproducts (used as feed - except by inbred redneck hicks like you).

And has anyone ever checked to see how much CO2 is produced in producing corn ethanol? Fermentation does produce CO2, after all...

I don't blame the farmers for trying to make a buck.

I do blame the industrial agriculturists who try to maximize their profits by lobbying for ersatz subsidies on corn. Because, frankly, as a source for an ethanol-based economy, corn sucks. It only works in the US because we're leveraging an already-existing system that separates the sugars (corn syrup) from the byproducts (used as feed - except by inbred redneck hicks like you).

And has anyone ever checked to see how much CO2 is produced in producing corn ethanol? Fermentation does produce CO2, after all...

that's it. I'm a good poster. And I don't have to take this anymore.

Corn is a terrible source for many things. there is not much better for an option. That's the problem. Corn can do a lot and that is why it is so valuable.

I don't blame farmers unless you count ADM and Cargill as farmers, I know they get their share of fame subsidies does that make them farmers?

it depends how you want to play the game. When you buy IBM do you realize they made Nazi weapons? Do you buy Apple and support Chinese labor camps? What about Walmart closing main street? Did you fill you car up with blood tainted oil from the middle east? What about buying Nike and supporting child slaves?

If you want to point a finger in any type of industry you'll find the dirt. This is a horribly stated argument but when you voice frustration with ADM for selling you something it is backward from Apple. The ADM slave is the farmer. The whip driving them is some faux government subsidy and the lock on the door is consumer always fussing about what they read on Whole Foods Vegan Douche Weekly

that's it. I'm a good poster. And I don't have to take this anymore.

Corn is a terrible source for many things. there is not much better for an option. That's the problem. Corn can do a lot and that is why it is so valuable.

it depends how you want to play the game. When you buy IBM do you realize they made Nazi weapons? Do you buy Apple and support Chinese labor camps? What about Walmart closing main street? Did you fill you car up with blood tainted oil from the middle east? What about buying Nike and supporting child slaves?

If you want to point a finger in any type of industry you'll find the dirt. This is a horribly stated argument but when you voice frustration with ADM for selling you something it is backward from Apple. The ADM slave is the farmer. The whip driving them is some faux government subsidy and the lock on the door is consumer always fussing about what they read on Whole Foods Vegan Douche Weekly

I think you and Tom should have a beer summit. I'd leave lyrbob out though, he's very boring.

I think you and Tom should have a beer summit. I'd leave lyrbob out though, he's very boring.

tom is on my bucket list of posters to see at a tailgate... Hell, as loved as he is we could raise the money to all pitch in for his tickets. The scared bassturd wouldn't show though, fearing _____ to show up.

The cost of corn and anything made from it or fed by it went up dramatically as soon as the feds subsidized it. If I'd been a farmer I'd have plowed over whatever I had been growing and planted corn instead...anyone with a head on their shoulders would have done the same. The mandating of ethanol added to gasoline is complete bullcrap IMO, but the last person I'd hold accountable for it is the farmer.

The cost of corn and anything made from it or fed by it went up dramatically as soon as the feds subsidized it. If I'd been a farmer I'd have plowed over whatever I had been growing and planted corn instead...anyone with a head on their shoulders would have done the same. The mandating of ethanol added to gasoline is complete bullcrap IMO, but the last person I'd hold accountable for it is the farmer.

Isn't it kinda like super sizing a meal? For 50 cents more, you can have a double sized meal. But should you really have that meal? Pack in all those calories? One's economic sense would say: "Sure look @ all you are getting." But in the end, you are killing yourself. Is that having a head on your shoulders? Even if the gov't was enticing farmers to plow under their fields left fallow for conservation (more money made on corn than conservation), shouldn't the farmer have had enough sense to say: "No! That just too dangerous." Afterall we learned coming outta the Dust Bowl years... We are doomed to make the same conservation mistakes again... Of course the gov't isn't helping.

Quite a shame and tragedy. Competition gets the best of us.

It does all start with the farmer first and foremost.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

tom is on my bucket list of posters to see at a tailgate... Hell, as loved as he is we could raise the money to all pitch in for his tickets. The scared bassturd wouldn't show though, fearing _____ to show up.

Why bother? If I showed up at a tailgate, someone would make me sit in a corner for 15 days.