Well as of right now we draft 6th

Kellyto83TD

You would be absolutely amazed at how these perceived weaknesses vanish if you line up a Brees, Brady or Manning behind Center. The defense would improve immediately because it would not constantly be trotting out there in poor field position after 3 and outs. Those "midget" receivers would constantly be open, and the running game would terrorize defenses that were set up to stop the pass. Even the coach might appear to be competent. The importance of having a great QB cannot be overstated.

Who exactly is this "elite type" QB going to it throw to? Both Brady & Brees check down a lot, and would be doing so constantly with this receiving corps.

WR's Stevie Johnson playing hurt all season, Robert Woods out, Marquise Goodwin out. TJ Graham stinks, Chris Hogan hurt. Marcus Easley running the wrong routes.

Do you happen to know who the leading receiver was for the Buffalo Bills against the Steelers? 7th round pick, & 3rd string TE Chris Gragg with 4 catches, that's who!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if this team had Peyton Manning as QB, we would be 7-3 or better (right now 5-4 gets you in the playoffs).

you keep drafting a QB in the first or second rounds until you get it right.

I love EJ, but he ain't good enough. i'm not waiting another 2-3 years to see if EJ becomes a franchise QB.

10 - 0 !!!

I've seen him play too much and not that impressed. Reminds me of ken Dorsey and matt lienert with JD Booty mixed in.

You must smoking some special plants down on the farm B-)

And he plays NOTHING like those guys; think Vick and Brees combined.

At QB, it's Bridgewater or BUST! If not Bridgewater, it's Khalil Mack/Sammy Watkins in the 1st. That Fiedorowicz kid from Iowa would be good in the 2nd(another CJ).

I didn't know those guys (except TB) could play QB

I guess I will just have to watch more of him. 40-50% of what I have seen of him come in clips, and highlights. Watching entire games is something I seldom have time to do

He really does play like a young Favre. He runs around and does things like throwing the ball underhanded with his left hand. He makes plays that no one else makes. Then the next play he will throw off his back foot into double coverage. He makes tons of plays and a few mistakes. If he keeps the mistakes down and stays healthy he will be a great player at the next level.

He really does play like a young Favre. He runs around and does things like throwing the ball underhanded with his left hand. He makes plays that no one else makes. Then the next play he will throw off his back foot into double coverage. He makes tons of plays and a few mistakes. If he keeps the mistakes down and stays healthy he will be a great player at the next level.

Agree, although I would compare manziel to Flutie at BC, who remains the best college QB I have ever seen.

He has other fundamental problems as well, such as not seeing the field, looking for secondary receivers, and being a very passive "leader."

I don't know about that. Sumlin has stated several times Manzel is the most competitive player he has ever coached.

I guess I will just have to watch more of him. 40-50% of what I have seen of him come in clips, and highlights. Watching entire games is something I seldom have time to do

Just as an FYI...I do shop local and frequent farmer's markets as often as possible...in the spring, summer, and early fall (that's what's available around me), that's the only place I buy my produce, dairy and baked goods...meat is a little different, but do what I can...just to change up the topic a little

Just as an FYI...I do shop local and frequent farmer's markets as often as possible...in the spring, summer, and early fall (that's what's available around me), that's the only place I buy my produce, dairy and baked goods...meat is a little different, but do what I can...just to change up the topic a little

thanks

thanks

One of my favorite commercials of all time was the Ram Truck Superbowl commercial last year, "God Made a Farmer"...shared it several times on FB...simply, awesome....and while I'm not a farmer, my maternal grandfather and his family were all farmers...it's the heart of America and the bedrock for which this country was founded upon...a great deal of respect goes to the farmers of our country for their sacrifice and hard work...

The Bills need to clean house from the owner on down. Get a damn good GM that can draft worth a ****, cut over 90% of the team and start over

Thankfully you have no input on what decisions this team makes or we'd be 0 - 16 every year. I know it's just exaggeration but over 90%??? Wow. If you can't see that we have a lot of talent and are just missing a couple key elements, namely healthy and consistent QB play, then I guess we aren't watching the same team. I understand your frustration though.

I don't get the love for Manziel as an NFL QB. He's a great college QB with horrible off the field issues. He is a tiny QB who floats the ball. NFL corners will eat up his passes all day.

Also, it would amaze me if he could ever make it through one season without being injured. EJ has been injured, and he has the size to take a beating. And if he doesn't get injured, the kid seems to be a meat head when he has too much time on his hands. Suspensions seem as likely as injuries.

Maybe I'm wrong. If we do draft him, it will be funny a year from now seeing the same people calling for a new qb after he gets 6 starts and we KNOW he'll never possibly get better.

One of my favorite commercials of all time was the Ram Truck Superbowl commercial last year, "God Made a Farmer"...shared it several times on FB...simply, awesome....and while I'm not a farmer, my maternal grandfather and his family were all farmers...it's the heart of America and the bedrock for which this country was founded upon...a great deal of respect goes to the farmers of our country for their sacrifice and hard work...

that was radio news caster Paul Harvey and his speech to an FFA conference a long time ago

I would have no problem drafting a QB in round 1. If nothing else we can always trade him or EJ.

I totally agree but it will never happen.

This years crop of QB's has at least 4-5 guys who are MUCH better than EJ and a few others that are right around where he was graded. If Manziel, Marriota and Hundley all come out (have hunch Marriota who is most talented of bunch, may stay in school 1 more yr after the debacle vs. Stanford and want another shot at them and a national title next yr) and then guys like McCarron who is 4 yr starter and may win 3 straight national titles and has build, and skill set to be a better version of an Alex Smith, Taj Boyd who may have better numbers than EJ, but is a very similar QB to EJ but I think has more upside as runner and passer. He throws a nice deep ball and is also experienced and played in a ton of big games.

Then u have guys like Carr who is much better than his older bro and playing in "system' is not as much as a deterrent as it used to be cuz so many NFL teams play with alot of spread systems too. And then there's Petty who was very highly recruited out of HS was at odds with Kiffin and left and had to sit out a yr and putting up better numbers than RG3 did and is unbelievably accurate and Baylor throws ball downfield alot and has a strong arm.

I would take ALL those guys over EJ except maybe Carr and i think EJ, once his footwork gets better or shall i say IF it gets better can be more accurate. When a guy misses so badly so often on balls shorter than 10 yards, its SCARY... EJ seems like he overthinks and "aims and kinda "pushes" ball rather than setting his feet and guiding ball and the other misses is when he DRILLS ball cuz he seems scared that if he doesnt throw it hard enough defender will get to it when he HAS guy opened and just needs to get him ball rather than throw it so hard and leads to few drops.

He just doesnt read a defense well. When he has zero pressure , he rushes throws when he has no need to. Is a terrible judge of how hard to throw the ball and either throws it too hard and on the touch throws is not very accurate. A lot of this can be fixed and it all starts with footwork and i'm just hoping he was a bit nervous and tentative vs Steelers cuz if not, he has regressed and is not showing he has the tools to improve.

If he doesnt start playing better and show signs of improvement and show with a season under his belt along with a full offseason that he can be not only a viable QB but a guy who can be a franchise QB, then we are really better off using ANOTHER 1st rounder on a QB cuz crops like this dont come along often..

http://www.bucsnatio...first-for-a-day

I would normally see this as a bright spot in ANOTHER crap season, but we have the same clowns picking players so even that is a downer. I would say tank the rest of the season for the #3-4 pick, but what would it matter. These clowns will screw it up.

And you KNOW what is going to happen right? Manzel comes out and is #1 and there will still be 2-3 NFL ready type QB's (unlike EJ who had no business being picked in the first) and Buffalo will bypass them because they have EJ.

And why not? isn't that how it normally goes for the Bills fans?

Um, for serious? The same clowns that drafted Robert Woods and Kiko Alonso, and turned one pick into both Alonso and Manuel?

You write as if the book is closed on Manuel, which is ludicrous. Manziel is no gimme as an NFL QB... and few are. I will take my chances with Manuel over Johnny Football. Manziel will be facing defenses that won't allow him to just run around and chuck it up to tall targets in the NFL. His best hope is to get drafted by somebody that has a 6'5 receiver with amazing speed and hands.

Besides, if we're there and we don't want Boyd or whomever is slotted at where we draft, we hold a HUGE trade chip to pick up more good players. This team is better positioned than the crybabies think.

Indy barely tanked enough to get Luck.....but they are now set for 10-15 bloody years

They are seriously the luckiest team out there... No pun intended!

To have Peyton that long and to suck for just 1 year.... They land Luck and now have a franchise guy for another 10+ years... Outside of that 1 yr where Peyton missed season, they will have just 2 QB's over 20 yr span! Simply amazing..

Actually I think we would go best drafting Austin Seferian-Jenkins with our first and trading back into first for Mack. Our offense and defense would be very improved

WOULD LOVE THIS.

The Bills need to clean house from the owner on down. Get a damn good GM that can draft worth a ****, cut over 90% of the team and start over

04a.jpg

I don't get the love for Manziel as an NFL QB. He's a great college QB with horrible off the field issues. He is a tiny QB who floats the ball. NFL corners will eat up his passes all day.

Also, it would amaze me if he could ever make it through one season without being injured. EJ has been injured, and he has the size to take a beating. And if he doesn't get injured, the kid seems to be a meat head when he has too much time on his hands. Suspensions seem as likely as injuries.

Maybe I'm wrong. If we do draft him, it will be funny a year from now seeing the same people calling for a new qb after he gets 6 starts and we KNOW he'll never possibly get better.

Look, as a posted a couple months ago, Manziel will be the most polarizing prospect in this draft. His talent and flair for the dramatic are huge, but there are a lot of naysayers who raise legitimate concerns regarding his off-field issues, size, and likely durability in the NFL. Having watched him play 6 or 7 college games, I think he has plenty of arm strength and that he, like Doug Flutie, will tend to avoid serious injury because he is so elusive. Many teams will not want to make him the face of their franchise, given his perceived attitude problems. For me, that's not much of a concern. He is definitely a brash and confident guy, but that's the kind of guy I want leading my team. Even though he is controversial, I have no doubt that a QB-starved team will roll the dice on Manziel with one of the top 6 picks, possibly even J-ville, one of the few franchises for whom selling tickets is a real issue. Edited by mannc

that was radio news caster Paul Harvey and his speech to an FFA conference a long time ago

awesome...glad to know that...even better to know the context of such a speech...although, it makes total sense as you can hear the conviction in his voice