Official First Half Thread: Week 10, Bills at Steelers

Beerball

5th game is 5th game.

With very few exceptions, a rookie QB is gonna look like a rookie QB.

I understand and accept that some people have no patience.

I agree. Patience is needed. Give him pass plays that he will be successful with.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5th game is 5th game.

With very few exceptions, a rookie QB is gonna look like a rookie QB.

I understand and accept that some people have no patience.

A rookie QB should be able to complete basic passes

I think the downfall of this offense is the read-option. NFL defenses figured it out. Period.

Not to mention that EJ is terrible at it.

We've abandoned the read-option for the most part over the last couple weeks. EJ comes back and we are doing it again.

Steelers average 73 yards rushing a game and already have 83

That happens when you give your offense the ball inside enemy territory twice and the offense gets three points out of it and forces you right back on the field again.

I think the downfall of this offense is the read-option. NFL defenses figured it out. Period.

Not to mention that EJ is terrible at it.

We've abandoned the read-option for the most part over the last couple weeks. EJ comes back and we are doing it again.

EJ isn't quick enough for the read option so running it with him is dumb to begin with

Edited by Max997

A rookie QB should be able to complete basic passes

Some are easier than others. Gotta be smart as an OC. The guy hasn't practiced in a month, much less played. Give him easy throws early, like in the flat to the RB's maybe a go route where it's take 5 steps and fire. get some confidence. Timing routes should be later after he's completed some balls.

I'm telling you. It seems like Hackett doesn't trust EJ. Rust or not. We have seen more exciting offenses from both Lewis and even Tuel. What's that about?

You're 100% correct, I mean the guy isn't going to learn by handing the ball of 85 perce nt of the time. Hackett needs to mix it up and put the game in EJ's hands. If he's going to be our future QB he can't coddle him the whole way.