1st Time at The Ralph

L7Panda

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be here or in Tailgate Central.

Anyway, I bought Row 1 seats in Section 116 and I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to what sight-lines, if any, are obstructed. Will I be watching a lot of the game on the video board? Do fans stand up the entire game (I watch it on TV and it seems like almost every game all the fans - including those in Row 1 - are standing). I had seats in 122 Row 7, but sold them in exchange for these - same price.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.channel1media.com/bills/seatviews/

Welcome. Please use the above link to click on your section and it will provide an interactive view of your seating location. Bring something to hold out to get the players attention, they might come by after the game to sign a few autographs, or after a TD to give you a little bit of love.

Have a great time at the game. Be sure to go to Hammers lot just after 11 to get a good view for the ketchup and mustard ceremony. Walk around the lot, really get a feel for how great of a tailgate experience the Ralph is - it's the best I've ever seen. Take time to stop by the TBD tailgate section, lots of great folks there. You'll recognize them over at Hammers lot.

http://www.channel1m...ills/seatviews/

Welcome. Please use the above link to click on your section and it will provide an interactive view of your seating location. Bring something to hold out to get the players attention, they might come by after the game to sign a few autographs, or after a TD to give you a little bit of love.

Have a great time at the game. Be sure to go to Hammers lot just after 11 to get a good view for the ketchup and mustard ceremony. Walk around the lot, really get a feel for how great of a tailgate experience the Ralph is - it's the best I've ever seen. Take time to stop by the TBD tailgate section, lots of great folks there. You'll recognize them over at Hammers lot.

I'll be taking my old college roommate to his first ever Bill's game as well on the 17th (happy 57th to me on that day). The ketchup and mustard ceremony is a must see for first timers, and quite honestly it never gets old!!

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be here or in Tailgate Central.

Anyway, I bought Row 1 seats in Section 116 and I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to what sight-lines, if any, are obstructed. Will I be watching a lot of the game on the video board? Do fans stand up the entire game (I watch it on TV and it seems like almost every game all the fans - including those in Row 1 - are standing). I had seats in 122 Row 7, but sold them in exchange for these - same price.

Thank you in advance.

You are going to have a hard time seeing and your depth perception will be all out of whack. Ideally, you want to be at least row 10 or higher. With that being said it is a cool experience to be that close to the action but it is not like basketball or hockey where you see the game better closer.

Thanks everyone.

Yes it's for the Jets game.

And yeah, I know if you're in Row 1 that you do not need to stand, but I see people in Row 1 standing all the time whenever the Bills are on TV down here.

I do plan on tailgating in Hammers Lot, hanging with some of my friends who co-created Bills Mafia.

However, you may not be so welcoming, Stromboli Guy, if you catch my drift. (Jet fan)

I've met and hung out with Pinto Ron before down here at The Meadowlands. Real good dude. I'm interested in seeing the ketchup/mustard thing I saw on tailgate32.

You are going to have a hard time seeing and your depth perception will be all out of whack. Ideally, you want to be at least row 10 or higher. With that being said it is a cool experience to be that close to the action but it is not like basketball or hockey where you see the game better closer.

Yeah, I hear that.

My season tickets for the NYJ are Row 30, but when I saw Row 1 seats online for only $85 a seat I had to jump at the chance to experience something unique. It's $125 here to sit in the LLEZ.

I've heard from my Bills fans pals I'll be with that there's nothing like The Ralph. I'm really looking forward to it -- and yes, I'm prepared to take a good rash of trash talk from you all. I've been all over - Cleveland, New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, - so I've seen the worst and best of fan bases. Nothing will surprise me. But from all the Bills fans I interact with on Twitter they seem like a good bunch of people.

Edited by L7Panda

Thank you in advance.

my advice to you, if your paying any kind of money for a ticket, i wouldnt watch the video board at all except for replys. that just my opinion, if i wanted to watch the video board i would of stayed home, i watch the live action no matter what

my advice to you, if your paying any kind of money for a ticket, i wouldnt watch the video board at all except for replys. that just my opinion, if i wanted to watch the video board i would of stayed home, i watch the live action no matter what

Good point and that's what I will try to do unless other circumstances, such as a camera coming into my way, dictate it. Even then I'll try to look around.

The stadium seems so low to the ground I'm not sure what will happen, but I am excited nonetheless.

Hockey has the same problem being row 1 or 2.

section 116 is the side end zone...the right end zone on the TV screen. A pass/run to that side of the end zone you would be on TV.

From there you will have blind spot on the near sideline to you at the far end of the field. You view will be blocked by the visitors bench area and the players/people on that sideline. From roughly mid field on down you will have trouble seeing sideline plays.

When looking that way you will see the video screen right in front of you that is the broadcast camera feed of the game as seen on TV

Because of your low angle its hard to get depth perception on yardage plays.

http://www.channel1media.com/bills/seatviews/

Good point and that's what I will try to do unless other circumstances, such as a camera coming into my way, dictate it. Even then I'll try to look around.

The stadium seems so low to the ground I'm not sure what will happen, but I am excited nonetheless.

I'm in 116 row 20, it is awesome when the action is on our side but once the play is in the opposite end zone you really can't see much. I would assume it will be even worse right on the field. As much as I try not to I end up watching the stadium board to see the plays.

I'm in 116 row 20, it is awesome when the action is on our side but once the play is in the opposite end zone you really can't see much. I would assume it will be even worse right on the field. As much as I try not to I end up watching the stadium board to see the plays.

Ah. Thank you. I thought this would be the issue. Oh well. Will do what is necessary. Hopefully most plays go towards the left so we won't need the boards. Ha.

I've heard from my Bills fans pals I'll be with that there's nothing like The Ralph. I'm really looking forward to it -- and yes, I'm prepared to take a good rash of trash talk from you all. I've been all over - Cleveland, New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, - so I've seen the worst and best of fan bases. Nothing will surprise me. But from all the Bills fans I interact with on Twitter they seem like a good bunch of people.

Are you going to the game in full Jets apparel ???

Be respectful. Cheering for your team is fine.....taunting is not....trash talking is not.

come 3rd and 4th quarter fights can break out.

The big difference in Ralph wilson Stadium compared to elsewhere....

The stadium is built in a suburban residential area. Foxboro may be similar (unsure of the surrounding area there).

Around the stadium you have people and some small businesses allow people to park on their property for a fee.

There are not many roads to the stadium thus traffic can be bad.

Usually the traffic is bad from 930-1100 because fans want to get there early to tailgate and cook lunch and drink some beer. Around 12:00-12:30 people head to the stadium.

After the game traffic is worse because people arrived from 9am-12pm and then all want to leave right after.

Plan on waiting for about 45 minute to an hour after the game before you try to leave Some opt to set up the grill again and do dinner.

Parking at the houses can be fun...over the season you develop friendships there and you have a group party before or after the game. If you make friends with 3 other cars you may coordinate on food and what to bring.

Are you going to the game in full Jets apparel ???

Be respectful. Cheering for your team is fine.....taunting is not....trash talking is not.

come 3rd and 4th quarter fights can break out.

The big difference in Ralph wilson Stadium compared to elsewhere....

The stadium is built in a suburban residential area. Foxboro may be similar (unsure of the surrounding area there).

Around the stadium you have people and some small businesses allow people to park on their property for a fee.

There are not many roads to the stadium thus traffic can be bad.

Usually the traffic is bad from 930-1100 because fans want to get there early to tailgate and cook lunch and drink some beer. Around 12:00-12:30 people head to the stadium.

After the game traffic is worse because people arrived from 9am-12pm and then all want to leave right after.

Plan on waiting for about 45 minute to an hour after the game before you try to leave Some opt to set up the grill again and do dinner.

Parking at the houses can be fun...over the season you develop friendships there and you have a group party before or after the game. If you make friends with 3 other cars you may coordinate on food and what to bring.

Yes, in Jets apparel, and I am not a trash talker. On the road I keep my mouth shut unless there's a score. As a season ticket holder down here I know how to act and how not to act.

I will definitely be in a parking lot, Hammers is the place I hear to be, by 8am as I'm meeting some of my Bills fan friends and we will tailgate afterwords.

From the Google Maps images and things you said, it sounds very much like Foxboro. Foxboro is one road in, one road out.

Thank you.

Edited by L7Panda

I'll be taking my old college roommate to his first ever Bill's game as well on the 17th (happy 57th to me on that day). The ketchup and mustard ceremony is a must see for first timers, and quite honestly it never gets old!!

I was thinking about that the other day. Pinto guy aught to parlay that into a tide commercial.

Yes, in Jets apparel, and I am not a trash talker. On the road I keep my mouth shut unless there's a score. As a season ticket holder down here I know how to act and how not to act.

I will definitely be in a parking lot, Hammers is the place I hear to be, by 8am as I'm meeting some of my Bills fan friends and we will tailgate afterwords.

From the Google Maps images and things you said, it sounds very much like Foxboro. Foxboro is one road in, one road out.

Thank you.

Are you renting a car? driving to the stadium? driving there that early traffic wouldnt be a problem.

When you leave

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Change-to-parking-exit-process-will-improve-postgame-traffic/40fb5838-e38b-480d-826b-91e2227f0d4e

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdf/stadium-egress.pdf

When you exit the stadium from there you will need to go south to Big Tree....assuming you need to go back to the airport....the easier way would be to go

Left on Big Tree

219 north

I-90 east

rte 33 airport

an alternate if traffic was seriously backed up there is to stay on Big Tree to Buffalo rd (240) and make a left and this will will fork..take the right fork for Union to 400 to I-90

However, you may not be so welcoming, Stromboli Guy, if you catch my drift. (Jet fan)

My season tickets for the NYJ are Row 30, but when I saw Row 1 seats online for only $85 a seat I had to jump at the chance to experience something unique. It's $125 here to sit in the LLEZ.

Then you'll enjoy it since the Jets players/coaches will all be walking right in front of your seats whenever they come on and leave the field. They'll also be warming up in that area. Bring a decent camera, you'll get lots of good close up pictures. Not sure about autographs, if they'll take the time before the game to sign anything, better chance will be after the game.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.channel1m...ills/seatviews/

Way to wheel out the welcome wagon. Great post.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: .

As a matter of fact, where you'll be will be under ground. At least relative to the outside grade of the stadium.

Thank you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Then you'll enjoy it since the Jets players/coaches will all be walking right in front of your seats whenever they come on and leave the field. They'll also be warming up in that area. Bring a decent camera, you'll get lots of good close up pictures. Not sure about autographs, if they'll take the time before the game to sign anything, better chance will be after the game.

Don't pregame warmups start around an hour before kickoff? You might want to consider being in your seats for that.

BTW, besides flying the colors, will you be wearing a jersey?

Oh. And welcome to the board. Hate the Jets but respect to you and yours.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan