Bills Release Brad Smith from IR, Signs with Eagles

The facts suggest otherwise, but I won't get into a pissing match. Brad Smith doesn't deserve the venom that has been directed his way on this board.

It's all water under the bridge at this point. I hold no hard feelings, and wish the guy well. He seems like a decent guy. Just disappointed that he didn't do as well as I expected.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all water under the bridge at this point. I hold no hard feelings, and wish the guy well. He seems like a decent guy. Just disappointed that he didn't do as well as I expected.

was he given the chances you wanted?

Not to me. He would get so many first downs when he first came here. What happened???? It is ridiculous to think he had like a 75% conversion rate at line point.

was he given the chances you wanted?

Not to me. He would get so many first downs when he first came here. What happened???? It is ridiculous to think he had like a 75% conversion rate at line point.

Probably not. I thought he was mis-used. We paid a lot for him; I figured the staff would try to devise ways for him to get a lot of touches (reverses, screens, more wildcat).

That said, when he did play, I just didn't think he was very effective. As a wildcat option, he seemed to convert some 3rd and shorts-- but I was expecting him to break off long runs out of the wildcat. I don't think he ever did that.

Probably not. I thought he was mis-used. We paid a lot for him; I figured the staff would try to devise ways for him to get a lot of touches (reverses, screens, more wildcat).

That said, when he did play, I just didn't think he was very effective. As a wildcat option, he seemed to convert some 3rd and shorts-- but I was expecting him to break off long runs out of the wildcat. I don't think he ever did that.

im still disappointed they spent SO much time with him in the QB room. it just wasnt needed if only a handful of passes were going to be expected. somewhere the plan didnt meet execution and value/production ended up being the victim. i dont think hes a guy lacking talent as much as a player that was let down by his leadership and the situation

I just wanted a few passes from him in the wildcat. I don't know who's call that was, though

I could actually see him returning to the Jets, at leas for the rest of the season...he is well loved in NY (kind of like we are with Moorman), and they can certainly use some WR help.

Was never really sure what to make of him as a Buffalo Bill. Best of luck to him...honestly, I had almost forgot about him.

I could actually see him returning to the Jets, at leas for the rest of the season...he is well loved in NY (kind of like we are with Moorman), and they can certainly use some WR help.

Was never really sure what to make of him as a Buffalo Bill. Best of luck to him...honestly, I had almost forgot about him.

Can't see it since the Jets already have Josh Cribbs in Smith's former role.

I wonder if he was a bully ?

I agree with the guys here saying he was more a victim of the leadership than personal failure. I liked having him around and yes...also get tired of all the "venom" spewed at him......(and many other non-deserving Bills) from our "cut everybody" type of fans.

probably sign with the patsies

With what they are going thru, and Tebow's failed efforts there...it'd be a mistake. They need to address D. There is little Smith would offer the Patriots going forward. If he was 3 or 4 years younger - yes, I could see it. But, he's not going to help Brady.

I wonder if he was a bully ?

btw, that was so stupid of a comment that it made me laugh. :wallbash: haha (i am not saying you're stupid, just that it was so funny and so stupid that it was funnier)

fwiw, there is no way Smith is a bully on this team, he's been known as a leader.

With what they are going thru, and Tebow's failed efforts there...it'd be a mistake. They need to address D. There is little Smith would offer the Patriots going forward. If he was 3 or 4 years younger - yes, I could see it. But, he's not going to help Brady.

btw, that was so stupid of a comment that it made me laugh. :wallbash: haha (i am not saying you're stupid, just that it was so funny and so stupid that it was funnier)

fwiw, there is no way Smith is a bully on this team, he's been known as a leader.

Actually I was joking there so I'm glad it gave you a chuckle !! Given the NFL network has been re-named to the Incognito network and all. I cant even watch the football shows this week...I'm so sick of the media milking this bullying thing...I just want to hear team / game analysis even if its not our team. Not the entertainment tonight take that I've suffered thru all damn week !!

Edited by jaybee