Bills Release Brad Smith from IR, Signs with Eagles

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets did not have a problem in using him before he came to the Bills

Here's the strange thing:

Brad Smith was brought in by the previous regime who never learned how to fully use him.

Then the new regime brought him to camp and subsequently put him on ice. Bringing him to camp means that they felt that he was a possible fit on this roster.

However they finally released him at a time when their top two receivers are injured.

Among several questions in my mind are these ones:

Where has Smith been all these weeks? Was he with the team? Was he attending WR meetings? Why did they decide to jettison him instead of working him into the mix?

Here's the strange thing:

Brad Smith was brought in by the previous regime who never learned how to fully use him.

Then the new regime brought him to camp and subsequently put him on ice. Bringing him to camp means that they felt that he was a possible fit on this roster.

However they finally released him at a time when their top two receivers are injured.

Among several questions in my mind are these ones:

Where has Smith been all these weeks? Was he with the team? Was he attending WR meetings? Why did they decide to jettison him instead of working him into the mix?

Just bad luck? We released him prior to last weeks game. At that time we were healthy at WR.

I'm figuring that it was determined that the potential of the young WRs made Smith's place on the roster counter productive to the young WRs development.

Just bad luck? We released him prior to last weeks game. At that time we were healthy at WR.

I'm figuring that it was determined that the potential of the young WRs made Smith's place on the roster counter productive to the young WRs development.

Smith was waived on November 8th.

Stevie has been nagged by injuries all season long (as per usual).

Woods was injured in the Kansas City game on November 3rd.

So I don't think it had anything to do with bad luck (timing).

FYI, Smith was on I-R and ineligible to play for the Bills this season.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz