10-6, why so hard to believe?

Hail Flutie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel like looking it up but how many 7 game winning streaks has the franchise had? '65? '88? '90? '91? Likely only 2 of those years. I'll check back in after a few hours after someone does the research.

Ah yes, the annual 'why can't a 3-6 team run the table' thread. I look forward to this one every November!

I aspire to be mathematically alive in December. That is the true test of a great season in this era.

With Manuel coming back, CJ seemingly healthy, our D improving, and a cushy schedule left, why not?

I feel like if this coaching staff is the real deal, they should be firing this team up to play to their potential and win out the season. They've been in every game except one. If they can go 5-6 before their bye, what's stopping them from being 9-6 going into Foxboro? Imagine that? It would be the most meaningful game this franchise has played in 10+ years. Between Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, and Eric Wood this has to be floating around in the locker room.

In my opionion its up to Doug Marrone to prove he's not just a PR sound bite machine like every other loser coach who talks a big talk but can't motivate his players.

Am I being delusional, or who else has silently had this conversation with themselves?

How bout we focus on winning 1 game and then doing something we haven't done yet this season. Win 2 straight....lets give that a whirl first.

No way they beat the Jets

I think they can, and actually should beat them! I also think the Bills could go on a tear and win all 7 games.

BUT! It will depend on whether this offensive coaching staff can change their philosophy of allowing the QB more passes then the RB's run. The "elite" players on the Bills offense are still Spiller & FJax, and those two along with Choice / Summers should be seeing 2x the number of carries vs passes. 50-60 runs a games vs 20-25 passes.

Take the ball out of the rookie QB's hands and give it to the star RB's.

Woody Hayes / Darrell Royal said, "Three things that can happen on a forward pass, and two of them are bad."

The Redskins were 3-6 following Week 9 last year. After a week 10 bye, they won 7 in a row to make the playoffs against a relatively soft schedule. Eagles and Cowboys twice each, the Browns, the Giants who sputtered down the stretch, and the Ravens.

I don't feel like looking it up but how many 7 game winning streaks has the franchise had? '65? '88? '90? '91? Likely only 2 of those years. I'll check back in after a few hours after someone does the research.

I aspire to be mathematically alive in December. That is the true test of a great season in this era.

I do, too. That will make it a great winter. But what about the Bills?

I figured to be mainly mocked for posting this, there is really no precedent to think the bills have this in them. I know its a one game at a time mentality in sports, I just want to believe this locker room hasn't given up on the playoffs and will play that way.

I was listening to WGR this week and someone made a comment about how Marrone's frustration after the Chiefs game lies in the fact he hasn't had his team out there, meaning no EJ and CJ with a bum ankle. If those pieces are in finally in place, maybe this team can do something special and its up to Marrone and his coaching staff to make it happen.

No, I wouldn't bet on it. I was just wondering if anyone else has unrealistically thought the same thing.

Can't get to 10-6 without passing through 4-6. I will happily talk about going 5-6 on Sunday late afternoon if we are in position to.

I think CJ healthy, the team settling into the system, and EJ coming back, along with our remaining schedule we are in good position for a better back end of the season than front end, but it all starts by getting our fourth win.

With Manuel coming back, CJ seemingly healthy, our D improving, and a cushy schedule left, why not?

I feel like if this coaching staff is the real deal, they should be firing this team up to play to their potential and win out the season. They've been in every game except one. If they can go 5-6 before their bye, what's stopping them from being 9-6 going into Foxboro? Imagine that? It would be the most meaningful game this franchise has played in 10+ years. Between Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, and Eric Wood this has to be floating around in the locker room.

In my opionion its up to Doug Marrone to prove he's not just a PR sound bite machine like every other loser coach who talks a big talk but can't motivate his players.

Am I being delusional, or who else has silently had this conversation with themselves?

one game at a time. don't forget, Pittsburgh probably wants to salvage their season too. and they are going to show up. same with every other game on our schedule. there are NO gimmes. Tampa almost beat Seattle last week!

One game at a time. I don't see any reason to look ahead to the end of the year at this point.

This. And also add that it's already the playoffs for us. One more loss all but puts us out of the playoffs unless the rest of the AFC wild card chasers just shut down.

I believe it's already the playoffs for us and we need to play as if one loss means the season is over...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Because we have to win 7 games in a row this will not happen. They are not there yet.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/163376-we-can-still-win-9-games/

This conversation seems familiar. Sure, we could run the table, and I would even agree that we are in a better position than most of the league to do so when considering our remaining schedule. The problem is that so far we have shown we win ~50% of the games we could / should (see Cleveland, KC, Cincinnati.) So it seems highly unlikely that we go 100% for the rest of the season. Yes you are delusional. But I appreciate your enthusiasm.

@Pittsburgh. 200 yards rushing and 5 sacks later Bills 23 Pittsbugh 14.

NYJETS. 3 Interceptions lead to 17 points. Bills 24 NYJets 17.

Atlanta, Rare Toronto win as Manuel throws 3TDS. Buffalo 31 Atlanta 17.

@Tampa, Close game last second FG by Carpenter does not go wide right, Buffalo 16 Tampa 14.

@Jacksonville, Bills post first shut out, Buffalo 24 Jacksonville 0.

Miami, 5 sacks and 4 turnovers freeze fish, Buffalo 28 Miami 20.

@New England, Pats mail it in and rest starters for playoffs, Buffalo 23 New England 13.

Bills Make Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: