Oregon-Stanford Tonight

yungmack

It really is a shame that they had to lose to a bad Utah team because I think this is the one team that could actually beat Alabama.

It really is a shame. That was the most furious I've been at a football game in a long time. I'm still mad. Ruined the season (probably).

Stanford is one of those college jobs that I think I'd keep over any NFL gig. He won't get the annual salary that NFL coaches get, but he will have longevity and a work environment that he won't ever see in the pros. His quality of life will be much better at Stanford.

Completely agree.

Having seen that game-- which was the only time I have seen Stanford play this year-- I would agree with you. I was impressed at their power running game, and their defense.

I wonder though how well they could run on an Alabama, or another stout SEC defense.

Would love to see it. Still mad about Utah.

I think even without a top QB, the current Stanford team is quite a bit better than the Luck era teams. They seem to have more superior athletes, especially on defense, and the coaching is even better than it was under Harbaugh. I remember thinking how much better Luck would have been in college with some decent wide-outs to throw to. They seem to have a lot more weapons now. That kid Ty Montgomery is an absolute beast as a receiver and on special teams . I have no idea how that team lost to Utah. They must have gone pass-happy or something. The upcoming game against USC will be interesting. USC has a lot of talent and seems to be getting its act together now that they have gotten rid of Kiffen. They probably match up better against Stanford than Oregon does.

They did get pass happy, ugh. Also, I'm not sure I want Ty Montgomery on the Bills. Talk about a frustrating player. He is definitely not a 'beast' as a receiver. He's doing better this year, but there are plenty of frustrating plays.

Edited by NickelCity

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official. Johnny Football, welcome to Bustville. Say hello to the Mr. Blaine Gabbert, Mr. Levi Jones, Mr. Ryan Tannehill, and the head of the class, Mr. John Skleton. You have been anointed by the BB. :nana:

Side note, Mariota and Bridgewater have risen on my draft board as a result.

Who the hell his levi Jones?

Gabbert was getting sucked into the talking heads which I have vowed to go with my own instincts since.

Skelton is my only major screw up.

and again lets look at my successes; Luck, Kaepernick and Tannehill.

and don't try to throw last years nubes into it as I went from QB to QB trying to find a good CONSISTENT one and ultimately settled on none.

Manziel is the man and small players have proven they can play in the league.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Guys in that profession aren't usually known for not having ambition, or for taking the job with which they will be most "comfortable." They want challenges and they want to make a name for themselves. There is NO way a guy chooses to stay at Stanford rather than becoming an NFL head coach.

You may counter with someone like Nick Saban, but he's a different cat altogether. Saban took the bait and went to the NFL, but then realized he couldn't mold professional players the same way he could college kids.

He also realized that instead of the Dolphins signing Drew Brees as he requested, they stuck him with Dante Culpepper. Imo, Saban could come into the NFL today and win. He would bring Kirby Smart with him once again, and build yet another winner.

Who the hell his levi Jones?

Gabbert was getting sucked into the talking heads which I have vowed to go with my own instincts since.

Skelton is my only major screw up.

and again lets look at my successes; Luck, Kaepernick and Tannehill.

and don't try to throw last years nubes into it as I went from QB to QB trying to find a good CONSISTENT one and ultimately settled on none.

Manziel is the man and small players have proven they can play in the league.

Wow, you thought Luck was going to good. :worthy:

And I meant Landry Jones who you had as the guy you wanted the Bills to draft in the 1st round!

And how is Tannehill a success? Career 59%, 23 tds, 21 ints, 17 fumbles in 24 games.

I think you're probably a good guy but when you rip Manuel or the Bills' FO, I think a little perspective is need. Enjoy your weekend. :beer:

Wow, you thought Luck was going to good. :worthy:

And I meant Landry Jones who you had as the guy you wanted the Bills to draft in the 1st round!

And how is Tannehill a success? Career 59%, 23 tds, 21 ints, 17 fumbles in 24 games.

I think you're probably a good guy but when you rip Manuel or the Bills' FO, I think a little perspective is need. Enjoy your weekend. :beer:

thanks for the ribbing but Manuel has proven nothing yet and has been quite erratic and Tannehill is better than him, he's still young he'll get there.

Knew Luck would be good when Tobby Gerhart was running over dudes (would like to have him here for short yardage and when Fred leaves.

have a good one :P

I am guessing that you are pulling my leg. :)

No, never heard of him, not to up on college FO guys

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I actually wouldn't mind Hogan in the later rounds. I doubt he'd ever be a top flight QB, but he could be an ideal long term b/u. He's big & smart, and pretty mobile for a big dude, doesn't make a lot of mistakes, & has enough arm that Ds have to at least consider the deep ball. That's exactly what you want if you've got a good run game and D & your QB just got hurt.

Also, I'm not sure I want Ty Montgomery on the Bills. Talk about a frustrating player. He is definitely not a 'beast' as a receiver. He's doing better this year, but there are plenty of frustrating plays.

I'll defer to you on that; I've only seen him play a handful of times but he's looked very good.

thanks for the ribbing but Manuel has proven nothing yet and has been quite erratic and Tannehill is better than him, he's still young he'll get there.

Knew Luck would be good when Tobby Gerhart was running over dudes (would like to have him here for short yardage and when Fred leaves.

have a good one :P

No, never heard of him, not to up on college FO guys

OK.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Smart

Uh...aren't you the guy who wanted to Tyler Bray #1 overall? And trade draft picks to Denver for Tebow? And draft Landry Jones in the first round? I'm sure there were more gems.

At one point but last year as I have said repeatedly we shouldn't draft a QB last year bc none of them were consistent enough. I don't recall if I said we should trade for Tebow, just that he deserved to start that year he took them to the playoffs. He can't be any worse than EJ, at least he could rally the troops for big plays and comebacks. It would be interesting to see how he would have turned out if Peyton never showed up. Once he got traded to the Jet's Rexy was never going to give him the time of day same with NE. He needed all the reps he could get to work on his accuracy and timing with WRs, once that was taken away he regressed dramatically. I hope he tries Canada and pulls a Flutie.