Mike Pettine

Man, I love what this new DC has done to this Bills defense. :worthy:

This week the Bills defense did their job and held the Chiefs offense to 3 FG's!! The Chiefs QB Alex Smith managed their game with 19 of 29 for a measly 124 yards, no TD's, no INT's.

In a world where everyone says you need a dominate franchise QB to win games. The Chiefs didn't need a 300 yard passer, or even a 200 yard passer. They didn't have a 100 yard rusher either.

The Bills are #3 in sacks in the NFL, #3 in interceptions.

The Jets won with very pedestrian passing yesterday and Tampa almost shocked Seattle with sub 200 passing yardage. The key with a good defense is not having your QB make game killing turnovers! KC is doing a fantastic job of winning games like this. It's frustrating that Buffalo is wasting some excellent rushing games and defensive games bevause our QB's are making game altering mistakes..

The Jets won with very pedestrian passing yesterday and Tampa almost shocked Seattle with sub 200 passing yardage. The key with a good defense is not having your QB make game killing turnovers! KC is doing a fantastic job of winning games like this. It's frustrating that Buffalo is wasting some excellent rushing games and defensive games bevause our QB's are making game altering mistakes..

Agreed. The biggest thing about having a defense heavy and reliant team is the necessity to have a clean offense and QB. It is unfortunate that all of our QB talents have merely rookie experience because we would have won some key games this year otherwise. But this is to all be expected from Rookie QBs. They need a year or two to develop and make these mistakes before we see consistent game managers who don't commit turnovers, and turnovers in key situations. But I agree that Pettine has instituted a successful system for our defense. While it may not be air tight or domineering as was the Bucs super bowl defense, it could very well be on its way there.

This.....times 1000!!! I am hoping that once EJ is back (which he finally is) he will settle in and start playing like everyone expected him too. If this happens, I can definitely see the Bill's taking the division next year. Their Defense is looking top 10 and the offense once they stop making :wallbash: mistakes, could be top 10 as well.

BigPappy

This.....times 1000!!! I am hoping that once EJ is back (which he finally is) he will settle in and start playing like everyone expected him too. If this happens, I can definitely see the Bill's taking the division next year. Their Defense is looking top 10 and the offense once they stop making :wallbash: mistakes, could be top 10 as well.

BigPappy

And what's your plan for keeping Pettine around next year. Everyone knows this D is vastly improved from the one yielding 1200 yards over 2 games last year?

While the defense did a very good job yesterday, don't put them on a pedestal just yet. If you rightly throw out the Jax game, KC has scored only 2 offensive TDs in their last 3 away games. In fact, their defense has scored more TDs. They are not a good offensive team.

Offer Pettine big bucks and hope he stays longer than next year. He's going to be a head coach unless somehow he just loves buffalo, our defense and Marrone. I just pray that one of our position coaches is trying to soak it all up and get promoted when Pettine leaves. I see a scheme that I love. I want to see it in buffalo for the next 20 years.

Pettine is about to get a lot of (presumably positive) publicity when Nicholas Dawidoff's new book about the Jets' 2011 season comes out this month. See brief description of the book, and Pettine's role in it, in this weeks MMQB column by Peter King.

The Chiefs will be exposed very soon for what they are. They will not win one playoff game. They are be far the most unimpressive 9-0 team in the history of the NFL. I think the D played great yesterday, but if the Bills had been playing against a good O the score would have been different. A. Smith is not bad or great, he is average. The Chiefs will lose to Denver once for sure, probably twice. I feel bad for the let down Chiefs fans are going to get soon. I am also jealous of them for having the false hope they are better then they are. We know that feeling all too well. Pettines D looked good yesterday. i do like where the entire team is headed. I think once the Bills put it all together they are going to be a good team for a long time.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

And what's your plan for keeping Pettine around next year. Everyone knows this D is vastly improved from the one yielding 1200 yards over 2 games last year?

Not all coordinators make good head coaches. I'm guessing he's here for a couple more years

Is it to early to start talk about him becoming the Bills new HC?

HC Doug Marrone & his OC Nathaniel Hackett have made some very questionable game decisions, player decisions, and play calling decisions. All this off season, this pre season, during games. This team could easily be 6-3 this year if they planned things out differently.

Score KC 3 to Bills 10. ON 3rd down, and goal on the KC one yard line bring up any memories to anyone? :sick: Just hand it off, and if that fails kick the FG.

Did Pettine bring anyone from the Jets with him who could feasibly be learning the DC role?

It's so nice having a DC with firing neurons...I'd hate to see him leave after a year. Make him asst head coach or something...