3-13 Is A Possibility

Bryce Paup

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is actually more possible than 3-13. There are no gimme games in the NFL, but check this out.

PLAYOFFS! Not even kidding. Look at our schedule. There is not a single game we can't win if we execute and play well. Steelers, win. Jets, we can beat them, they are playing over their heads and are due for a letdown. Then Atlanta, we can win that game....Ryan should be rushed all day. Just need to blanket Gonzolaz. Tampa, win. Jacksonville, Win. Miami and/or New England: one win out of there. that puts us at 9-7, should get us a wildcard, we win, and then play the top team in the AFC record wise (KC, haha), beat them, and make the AFC Championship game. Pull an upset over Denver when Manning throws INT's due to pressure, and go to the Superbowl, where Seattle can't handle playing away from home, and we win the Super Bowl.

EJ looks like he will be back, still not sold but hoping he can be the guy. Jameis Winston's success at FSU worries me...

Ok I'm going to do this again.

I posted in another thread today. I live in Florida. Yesterday I was with a number of FSU Alumni, one of whom was a knowledgeable football fan. When I asked about Manuel vs Winston. He said EJ was in a program at FSU that was in a rebuilding faze, he never had the supporting cast that Winston has. Winston, according to him has a much better o line than EJ ever had, his receivers are much better and all three FSU running backs could play in the NFL. He agreed with the premiss that the FSU offense is more complicated than people think and that some of the things EJ was blamed for were because his receivers were young and inexperienced.

With inept QB play and the team's inability to finish games . As I look at the rest of the schedule no game a gimme besides Jacksonville I hope I'm wrong and we upset some teams along the way and make it to 8-8

Go Bills!!!!

How bout the Steelers. I think the Bills win that game regardless of who the Bills QB is.

I don't know about 8-8, but I'd very happily put some money on the Bills finishing better than 3-13.

Edited by CodeMonkey

this is actually more possible than 3-13. There are no gimme games in the NFL, but check this out.

PLAYOFFS! Not even kidding. Look at our schedule. There is not a single game we can't win if we execute and play well. Steelers, win. Jets, we can beat them, they are playing over their heads and are due for a letdown. Then Atlanta, we can win that game....Ryan should be rushed all day. Just need to blanket Gonzolaz. Tampa, win. Jacksonville, Win. Miami and/or New England: one win out of there. that puts us at 9-7, should get us a wildcard, we win, and then play the top team in the AFC record wise (KC, haha), beat them, and make the AFC Championship game. Pull an upset over Denver when Manning throws INT's due to pressure, and go to the Superbowl, where Seattle can't handle playing away from home, and we win the Super Bowl.

hahah that just made my day bro...good stuff

...Sounds reasonable, the Defense can lead us there as long as the offense doesn't screw it up. Worked for the Ravens albeit with a better D atleast statistically.

I posted in another thread today. I live in Florida. Yesterday I was with a number of FSU Alumni, one of whom was a knowledgeable football fan. When I asked about Manuel vs Winston. He said EJ was in a program at FSU that was in a rebuilding faze, he never had the supporting cast that Winston has. Winston, according to him has a much better o line than EJ ever had, his receivers are much better and all three FSU running backs could play in the NFL. He agreed with the premiss that the FSU offense is more complicated than people think and that some of the things EJ was blamed for were because his receivers were young and inexperienced.

I'm not claiming to be more knowledgeable than the FSU alumnus that you refer to, but a quick search seemed to indicate to me that the offensive supporting cast is pretty similar this year to what EJ had last year. The o-line from 2012 to 2013 has 4 of the same players, with the difference being 2nd round draft pick, RT Menelik Watson. The receivers and backs look to be virtually the same. You can definitely make the argument that the continuity and improvement from last year make this year's offense a better unit, but I don't think the difference in supporting cast is that vast.

That said, I don't think you can ever compare two teams from different seasons apples-to-apples, so even if I don't think the talent gap is that vast, I don't think we can make any real conclusions about EJ from this.

And you can ask the other 99 out of 100 FSU fans that are stunned someone took EJ in the 1st round

Not saying EJ won't work out, there's some promise, but his college career was lacking