What We Should Fear The Most

I am with a majority of the posters here that believe the Bills are playing with a different flare/attitude that we haven't seen in years past. Our young team is developing and players who we thought deserved to be cut (Mckelvin, AW) are finally coming into their own.

But how long until the players throw in the towel on this regime?

I truly think winning CAN and SHOULD be happening right away. Other franchises have shown that by implementing a new regime and changing the culture, winning can take place right now. There is no turning the corner, give it time, and have faith.

We have done 2 out of 3 and when your not winning right away it is human nature to lose faith as players.

It should definitely be a concern for everyone regardless of the positives we can take away every Sunday. Losing remains the same and that essentially is the only way to decipher a new corner and change. (Regardless of the stats, positives from film and the "moral" victories)

The major concern is the players getting frustrated, defeated, and flashbacks of the end results of previous regimes starting to creep in.

Edited by Luis Mendoza

You have to put this season in the proper context by acknowledging that their quarterback has missed half the games with an injury. I think everyone in that locker room believes they are a winning team with Manuel under center. They were 2-2 and heading toward 3-2 when he went down. They also know the schedule has been rough up until now and now gets easy. If EJ returns for Sunday, I think this team will be reinvigorated and pumped up for the rest of this season and the immediate future. I fully expect them to finish strong. I will predict 5-2 for an 8-8 season and an overall good feeling in the locker room that this team will be a playoff-caliber team next season.

Edited by Right Manuel for the Job

I am with a majority of the posters here that believe the Bills are playing with a different flare/attitude that we haven't seen in years past. Our young team is developing and players who we thought deserved to be cut (Mckelvin, AW) are finally coming into their own.

But how long until the players throw in the towel on this regime?

I truly think winning CAN and SHOULD be happening right away. Other franchises have shown that by implementing a new regime and changing the culture, winning can take place right now. There is no turning the corner, give it time, and have faith.

We have done 2 out of 3 and when your not winning right away it is human nature to lose faith as players.

It should definitely be a concern for everyone regardless of the positives we can take away every Sunday. Losing remains the same and that essentially is the only way to decipher a new corner and change. (Regardless of the stats, positives from film and the "moral" victories)

The major concern is the players getting frustrated, defeated, and flashbacks of the end results of previous regimes starting to creep in.

You Sir are soured.

As so many fans are it seems.

I would wish you let the season ride and find the highlights.

If the team gives up on Coach then they do. Lets not hurry that along brother : )

ps watch Kyle Williams as a tell. when he gives in Marrone is skirting dangerous territory i think.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

After that, EJ not being a good QB.

I can hear Roosevelt now over the radoigraph

Incredibly ridiculous posts about our QB situation.......

at this point Manuel is no saviour and overated by some. Injuries are setbacks to a rooks development

But i do have hope he will develop into the Franchise QB we all wished for :thumbsup:

If you are making a million playing a kids game for 3 months, don!t you owe it to your

teamates, coaches, management, and fans to show up and be a professional. Someone once said,

winners never quit and quitters never win.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

After that, EJ not being a good QB.

This. I'm mostly concerned with everyone's optimism that EJ will lead us to salvation. Yes he was better than Thad with a lot of room to grow, but what if he doesn't improve? What if he just spins his wheels and we're no better off than we were before? If EJ is not our franchise QB, and we don't draft one in 2014, this will be a long 3 years.

edit: I should note that I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I like EJ and hope he bring it.

Edited by BillsClinton

After the team is mathematically eliminated from any chance to make the playoffs, the season has a different feel to it (at least it seems that way to me).

I always wonder if the players are starting to think more and more about not wanting to get hurt. Some players start to pout and sulk (at least it seems like it to me). Different players and schemes are emphasized more (such as starting Brohm and giving Fitz a week to rest his nagging injuries). I always wish they would try some more exotic and fun stuff to keep the game interesting, but for some reason they don't do it as much as I wish they would.

I am not looking forward to that part of the season this year, but I fear that it is coming.

Answer: FeartheLosing...

If I'm OC Nathaniel Hackett I'd be fearing Doug Marrone's shoe up my backside for letting Jeff Tuel throw the ball so much. But then EJ threw it 42 times in that Jets loss.

I'm still waiting to see Spiller throw up because he is running it so much. Seriously, the Bills RB's were averaging 6.3 YPC this week, and managed 241 yards on the ground on 38 carries. Yet Jeff Tuel dropped back 41 times to throw. :doh:

I think he makes a valid point. What he says can and does happen. I think this is one of those things where good coaching comes into play. If a coach can keep his players motivated and playing their hearts out its only a matter of time for the wins to start piling up. So far, I think Coach Marrone has these kids playing hard and I'm not real concerned about them quitting. If they were to give up, The coach won't last long....but again I dont see this as a big concern at this point in time.